Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
They're really stepping up the production values, here. The DVD case looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Commentary is really good too. Menus are still weird however. It does not like my Playstation.

EDIT: Watch the "hidden" trailer on disc two right now. Holy poo poo, it's just amazing.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 26, 2012

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If any of you goons lives in 'bama, Troy (and possibly Joseph and Tim) is giving a talk about Marble Hornets at Auburn University!

Facebook posted:

Troy Wagner, director of and actor in YouTube series Marble Hornets, will be presenting and discussing Marble Hornets and his other works, sponsored by the Auburn University New Media Club.

The event will begin at 7pm in Student Center Room 2216 on Auburn University's campus and is open to the public.

Auburn University New Media Club will introduce Troy and his work by screening several Marble Hornets entries and then the event will proceed into a Q & A session that will finally be opened to audience participation.

Seating is first come first serve, but standing room is also available.

Season 2 DVDs of Marble Hornets have been confirmed as being available at the event, but any other merchandise can neither be confirmed nor denied. It is also very possible that Mr. Wagner's co-crew and co-actors, Joseph Delage and Tim Sutton, will be present for the event.

We hope to see everyone there and please invite your friends!

https://www.facebook.com/events/290921790972315/

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE
:siren: IT'S COMING THIS WEDNESDAY :siren:

Where by "it" I obviously mean the second part of Happy Birthday Shadow.

I for one am just as excited about this as I am about the first episode of season 3. Literally everything these people touch turns to gold.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Turpentine Caz posted:

I for one am just as excited about this as I am about the first episode of season 3. Literally everything these people touch turns to gold.

And here I thought I'd never get to find out what happens after Shadow runs into the faker!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I really hope there's a video available of that talk. I listened to a campus radio interview with Troy and Joseph awhile back that was tremendously entertaining.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Turpentine Caz posted:

That was, that was glorious. I can't wait for part 2.

Also I want to be their friend :(

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Just finished watching the second season DVD. Disc 2 has an Easter Egg. It is exactly what you think, and it is glorious.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

glad i had some money to buy the second season, quite excited to watch it again.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is the second time a Marble Hornets DVD has arrived within five minutes of me checking the thread.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

quakster posted:

This is the second time a Marble Hornets DVD has arrived within five minutes of me checking the thread.

They're watching.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Also got my dvd today here in Denmark, pretty fast shipping.

The Easter Egg is glorious

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Oasx posted:

It had to watch it twice because I was laughing too much at the beginning that I missed a joke.
Love is like four balls on the edge of a cliff

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Got my DVD...it has a lot of stamps...5 xmas forever stamps with Jesus and Mary, a 1 cent lamp stamp, and 4 5 cent stamps with American Toleware on it...some sort of pitcher or a carafe on it? And the borders between the stamp stickers were stuck on the back :v: It sorta reminds me of the time I ran out of normal stamps and covered an envelope with 1 cent stamps so I could send it.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Just got my DVDs.

I'm kind of disappointed, though... I specifically asked for someone to draw me a nice picture in the "special instructions" box, but I never got one. :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I had time to watch through all the commentary and extras tonight, really enjoyed it. There's a small amount of plot clarification throughout, but it's mostly anecdotes about the actors or poo poo that went wrong. Which I like :)

A couple things I remember them clarifying or pointing out (gonna spoiler this I guess since a bunch of people don't have their DVD's):

Maybe most importantly, the whole "criminal stretched out by trees" thing was just Alex being a loving weirdo, it is not meant as an origin story for the Operator.

When Tim and the other Masky tackle Alex and nearly hit him with a rock, that was supposed to be a warning, they didn't just gently caress up and miss.

In Entry 30, right when Jessica shuts the door to her room around 2:55, they talk about how there's a cardboard silhouette of "something" behind her. Can anyone see it? I can't but I have a small laptop screen. I can convince myself I see part of the Operator but that just feels like the Season 1 "Where's Slendo" game where most of the time it was jack poo poo :spergin:.

I'm sure there were more but those really jumped out at me.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
I just started watching the DVD, and what I really dig is that despite the love I have for watching the videos live, is that it's so much easier to actually absorb The Plot when everything is presented in 90 minutes straight.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Found it sitting in the mailbox waiting for me when I got off work. Watching it now. Totally not sleeping tonight :gonk:.

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Oasx posted:

Saw this and thought "Well then I am probably in the second batch." because my package hadn't come and I'm danish too.

But then today I got it from my angry postman just as I came home from Uni.

Season one has a few pegs missing in the dvd holder and one of the disks has some small scratches, hope it's not serious :ohdear:

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Mr. Fish posted:

Season one has a few pegs missing in the dvd holder and one of the disks has some small scratches, hope it's not serious :ohdear:

If it doesn't play, just send an email to Downtown Explosion or whatever the production company is. When the S1 DVD first came out, mine arrived unplayable and they were really good about replacing it at no cost to me.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Watched all the extras and commentary last night too, took longer than I expected. Every once in a while the commentary gets wildly out of sync with the video because they were just watching it off their computer or in some cases using youtube, so that can be odd. Usually they seem to be ahead a moment or two, but really behind at the end. Although this doesn't matter most of the time since it's mostly nonsense like "that shirt is really comfy" or "I like that rock".

Also does it take an absurd amount of time for the DVD to turn commentary on for anybody else?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Which one of you am I parked beside?

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Holy poo poo I want that. Cafe press maybe? I want that on my jeep.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I want that covering every square inch of my walls.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Whoever it is they need to renew their Registration ASAP.

Also I too would love to buy that and put it in creepy places in my house.

FirstThing
Nov 22, 2005

Drive all night, take some speed
Wait for the sun to shine down on me

Len posted:

Oh poo poo, ohio plates. Where was this taken? (Being creepy, I know)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FirstThing posted:

Oh poo poo, ohio plates. Where was this taken? (Being creepy, I know)

The parking lot at Kent Stark this morning

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Wow, I didn't even realize DVDs have been shipping--wasn't there a bit of a lag between pre-orders and the DVDs actually shipping for Season 1?

Either way, I was surprised as hell when someone dropped off the package on my desk :)

FirstThing
Nov 22, 2005

Len posted:

The parking lot at Kent Stark this morning
Ah, thought I recognized the car with the bumper sticker. Seen a couple fans of Marble Hornets in Columbus.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FirstThing posted:

Ah, thought I recognized the car with the bumper sticker. Seen a couple fans of Marble Hornets in Columbus.

Fair enough. I debated hanging around to see where he/she got the sticker but figured that would be incredibly creepy.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

robodex posted:

Wow, I didn't even realize DVDs have been shipping--wasn't there a bit of a lag between pre-orders and the DVDs actually shipping for Season 1?

They didn't to pre-order this time, just announced when they were on sale.

FirstThing
Nov 22, 2005

For those not paying attention to twitter (don't blame you)

Marble Hornets posted:

Finally. Saw a sign at the store saying it will be open tomorrow afternoon.
Possible update tomorrow?!

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

Docjowles posted:

A couple things I remember them clarifying or pointing out (gonna spoiler this I guess since a bunch of people don't have their DVD's):

In Entry 30, right when Jessica shuts the door to her room around 2:55, they talk about how there's a cardboard silhouette of "something" behind her. Can anyone see it? I can't but I have a small laptop screen. I can convince myself I see part of the Operator but that just feels like the Season 1 "Where's Slendo" game where most of the time it was jack poo poo :spergin:.

This was given a brief mention when the video came out:(last post at bottom of page)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368080&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=22

Appears to have been pretty quickly dropped.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Probably more photos. Either way, :dance:.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

FirstThing posted:

For those not paying attention to twitter (don't blame you)

Possible update tomorrow?!

If we get a new episode of Very Bad FanFiction and the first entry of Season 3 I am going to be all :holy: tomorrow!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Troy's blog seemed to hint that the first entry would be 3/10 although in reality it was just a weird picture with some numbers so who knows. Personally I expect another flurry of tweets and/or photos, and the start of events that lead to the first S3 entry getting posted.

CollegeCop posted:

This was given a brief mention when the video came out:(last post at bottom of page)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368080&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=22

Appears to have been pretty quickly dropped.

:stare: Goddam I couldn't see that on my screen at all. Without the guys having said "we put a prop behind her" I'd assume it was just some weird artifact, but apparently the Operator was possibly stalking her the whole time?

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 28, 2012

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Even if he were, in character, to film something tomorrow, usually the update comes the next day. I remember a few times where it was like "filmed some stuff, but need sleep" or something like that, and then an update late the next day. So unless he does some photos via Twitter I don't know if we'll get anything tomorrow.

Totally willing and able to be wrong though.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Len posted:

Write "FOUND YOU" in the dust above it. :unsmigghh:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Van Kraken posted:

Write "FOUND YOU" in the dust above it. :unsmigghh:
To make it creepier.
FO
UN
DY
OU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

I was very excited upon seeing an Operator symbol stamped envelope in my mail today! Unfortunately, they mistakenly sent me season 1 instead of season 2. :smith: Both invoices I have (from the mail and from when I ordered) were correct, so I emailed the DVD people and hopefully it'll get taken care of soon. Oh well, I wasn't going to have time to watch it until after this week anyways and I didn't need the temptation.

• Locked thread