Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

big mean giraffe posted:

New darkharvest for anyone who still watches that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUX5PnTtfcA

I never started Darkharvest but I'm intrigued. Should I just watch the videos on youtube or are there more things hidden on their twitter and such?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Vice President posted:

I never started Darkharvest but I'm intrigued. Should I just watch the videos on youtube or are there more things hidden on their twitter and such?

I would say just start from the beginning, and pay attention to video descriptions/responses. There's a TTA-like character that replies to some of the entries, website links (I think it's just one or two blogs), and links to files you can download that tie into the story. It's not hard to follow, though. All the relevant stuff's linked in the video descriptions and there's not a whole lot of it.

Their twitter is mostly just links to the videos, not much story takes place there. There are some relevant things sometimes, though. Worth following.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 5, 2012

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I reckon Tim's still on those pills he was taking back in Entry 20. I reckon he was staying at Brian's house on that campbed thing, so the pills Jay found there were his, and he robbed them back off Jay in Entry 19. He's going to the doctors to get more of those pills, or maybe for help with giving them up.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Here's a question for people who already have the season 2 DVD with commentary:

Do they explain in Entry 52 whether or not Jay deliberately tackled The Operator or was he physically thrown toward him/it? I've heard people argue that the camera was too steady for him to be charging toward but that's also been argued against.

My own copy will arrive soon, just curious

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DarklyDreaming posted:

Here's a question for people who already have the season 2 DVD with commentary:

Do they explain in Entry 52 whether or not Jay deliberately tackled The Operator or was he physically thrown toward him/it? I've heard people argue that the camera was too steady for him to be charging toward but that's also been argued against.

My own copy will arrive soon, just curious

They don't say anything about it. Troy commented that he had to put his face on the filthy hotel room floor with nothing to separate them, but that's about it

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SporkTSI posted:

They don't say anything about it. Troy commented that he had to put his face on the filthy hotel room floor with nothing to separate them, but that's about it

Alright then. That does sound interesting though as that hotel does look like the kind of place that has filthy floors that are barely cleaned ever.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They talk a bit about The Operator in the Entry 51 commentary (the one where Alex lures Brian to the ruined building). But it's just technical info, and info on an effect they tried and then scrapped at that. As far as I remember that is literally the only time they acknowledge him in either DVD; the commentary is very entertaining but don't watch it to find out anything about Slenderman :)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Docjowles posted:

They talk a bit about The Operator in the Entry 51 commentary (the one where Alex lures Brian to the ruined building). But it's just technical info, and info on an effect they tried and then scrapped at that. As far as I remember that is literally the only time they acknowledge him in either DVD; the commentary is very entertaining but don't watch it to find out anything about Slenderman :)

IIRC they said they might reveal how the Operator was done once the series is over, but until then they don't want to give away anything.

bratchny
May 25, 2004

Marble Hornets Season 2 DVD showed up in my Australian letterbox today, with the Operator logo on the envelope, glad about that. Watching it now sans commentary to catch myself up again. With commentary should be as funny as Season 1's, I'm sure. DVD case looks sweet, quality presentation all the way. Can't wait for Season 3, a few days to go!

Oasx: That's a good thing, too - I'm always interested in knowing how film makers go about doing their films. It was amusing to see, in the Season 1 deleted scenes, Joseph running around telling what he was doing to whoever he was filming with, then layering audio over it to make it more creepy (the running in the park scene).

bratchny fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Mar 6, 2012

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I like the season 2 commentary a lot better, they talk more about the filming and the such instead of just jokes.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:siren: Very important twitter upda- :siren:

@MarbleHornets posted:

Just got back from waiting outside the clinic again. Still no sign of Tim.

oh. Nevermind, back to DEFCON 1.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Docjowles posted:

:siren: Very important twitter upda- :siren:

oh. Nevermind, back to DEFCON 1.

DEFCON 1 is maximum, DEFCON 5 is the lowest
:goonsay:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh god dammit :saddowns: I can't even make fun of poo poo correctly.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

vortmax posted:

I can't believe my crappy HTML-enhanced lists of what's going on have become the go-to guide. And yes, there will be a page for Season 3.

Your pages are really useful, thank you for making them. Went through season 1 last night, about to start on 2. Plus I'd never seen Splendorman before, that had me giggling like a farting toddler.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I think you guys mean TIMCON.

Was Tim supposed to be dressed like Johnny Fiveaces in the hidden trailer?

AllegedlyOreos
Oct 27, 2010
Jay bursts into the mental health clinic with a worried look on his face. He strides up to the receptionist, asking where he can find Tim. She has no idea who he is talking about, as there are several Tims in the clinic, but she points vaguely down the corridor to Jay's right. Jay, wearing the same worried expression throughout, walks down the corridor and accosts a random doctor. Jay talks to him about Tim, and also claims to be shooting a documentary of mental health clinics for some reason.

Jay is now standing beside a man's bed. The man is curled up and facing away from Jay. He is wearing a familiar creepy mask. Tears are barely visible, seeping out from under the mask and flowing into his luscious sideburns. Jay awkwardly reaches out a hand, not sure if he can or should do anything to comfort this person. He is not entirely sure if this is Tim.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AllegedlyOreos posted:

Jay bursts into the mental health clinic with a worried look on his face. He strides up to the receptionist, asking where he can find Tim. She has no idea who he is talking about, as there are several Tims in the clinic, but she points vaguely down the corridor to Jay's right. Jay, wearing the same worried expression throughout, walks down the corridor and accosts a random doctor. Jay talks to him about Tim, and also claims to be shooting a documentary of mental health clinics for some reason.

Jay is now standing beside a man's bed. The man is curled up and facing away from Jay. He is wearing a familiar creepy mask. Tears are barely visible, seeping out from under the mask and flowing into his luscious sideburns. Jay awkwardly reaches out a hand, not sure if he can or should do anything to comfort this person. He is not entirely sure if this is Tim.

And Tim, as always, can go gently caress himself.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I cannot wait until a video comes out. Fingers crossed that there aren't any female characters for people to be creepy over.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The trailer for Marble Hornets justifies and makes necessary not only the season 2 dvds, but the entire Marble Hornets series.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Jay should think about checking into that clinic. I think some time with a shrink would do them all some good.

MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!
New tweet:

quote:

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what I'm going to say to Tim if he shows up here. I have no idea how he'll react to seeing me.

Well, I guess we should be happy that he's finally thinking ahead?

segoli
Oct 23, 2010

But of course, from a thief's perspective, the best kind of ladder is the rope-ladder. A step-ladder is much too heavy to carry around, after all.
If I had to hazard a guess, he'd probably say something like, "I'm looking for this guy named Tim; have you seen him around?"

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

segoli posted:

If I had to hazard a guess, he'd probably say something like, "I'm looking for this guy named Tim; have you seen him around?"

I now picture Jay like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmCdt4EgxU

Beaumains
Aug 8, 2007
HURFDURF scary stories are dumb, I'm so cool i lack even the rudimentary analytical abilities to decipher basic themes and archetypes, anything without fast cars and explosions is for babbies, heh im so goddamn tough and grown up :smug:
Jay: The new Harry Mason. "Have you seen Tim? Black sideburns? Somewhere in his twenties?"

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

Beaumains posted:

Jay: The new Harry Mason. "Have you seen Tim? Black sideburns? Somewhere in his twenties?"

Press X to Jason Tim.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Oh god, season 3 is just going to be Jay reviewing all of the tapes of him sitting outside the shop/clinic.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE
Ohhh, I've seen that screencap floating around second-hand but couldn't find it on the in-game twitter or Troy's blog. Why didn't I think to check his oog twitter? :doh:

Beaumains posted:

Entry 53. Found what's probably Tim's house, though I'm not sure since there's no Tim around.

Recursive Expanse
May 4, 2011
Is Jay still wearing the strapped-on camera? Because if he is, it might be interesting if there are crazy slender-happenings going on that are shown on film that happened in the shop that Jay has no memory of.
But that might be using the memory loss gimmick too much, and would rely on twitter knowledge to be as effective.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
At some point I just ran out of enthusiasm to keep up with the series...

Although the OP seems to indicate I haven't missed anything terribly substantial.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Turpentine Caz posted:

Entry 53. Found what's probably Tim's house, though I'm not sure since there's no Tim around.

This is one of my favorite things:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pehther posted:

At some point I just ran out of enthusiasm to keep up with the series...

Although the OP seems to indicate I haven't missed anything terribly substantial.

Man, we've missed you :smith:

Pope Guilty, mine too :buddy:

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

eating only apples posted:

Man, we've missed you :smith:

Other goons have monopolizing my attention. I'll spend some time catching up before I start posting stupid theories that have been rehashed a billion times in the last thread. Although, to be honest, I think I sputtered out due to too many stupid theories and ended up trolling myself.

I have probably forgotten all the spergy little details, too. As long as Slenderpig is still an important character and Jessica is still TTRB, I think I'll be ok.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Aw poo poo, new entry tomorrow!

@marblehornets: Had my camera with me all week. Entry #53 will be uploaded tomorrow

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Ahhhhhhh! :supaburn:

So excited.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yesssssss :circlefap:

Welcome back, Pehther! Season 2 was weird. Nothing happened in real time as it did in S1. Literally the entire thing except about the last minute was Jay watching stuff that already happened. We didn't know it wasn't the final season, so I kept expecting that cutover where Jay stops watching tapes and starts making them "now". And the whole thing did move kind of slow. But you should catch up, because I bet it won't feel slow if you just sit down and marathon it over 90 minutes vs months. And the last few entries are badass

Also with the obvious exception of the new Skimasky character, there's less to sperg about. Jay starts being slightly more explicit about what we should think, for better or worse.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 10, 2012

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season 3 is starting already? :stare:

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
Well I am downright giddy.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Docjowles posted:

But you should catch up, because I bet it won't feel slow if you just sit down and marathon it over 90 minutes vs months. And the last few entries are badass

I watched the DVD with my friends thinking "oh, everyone's gonna get bored, nothing really scary happened this season..."

Nope.

Season 2 was WAY more intense than season 1. It was actually pretty freaky, even for those of us that had already seen them on youtube. Something about seeing all the entries back-to-back in a dark room really ramps up the tension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

:dance:

Hell yes, I'm excited. That also means that we guessed correctly a few weeks back. The third a final season is coming, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Guess I'll watch the first two seasons back to back tonight in prep for tomorrow.

• Locked thread