Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!
i just slenderported 4 people into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I recommended the show to one of my teachers. He marathoned all two seasons and now he won't take anymore video recommendations from me.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Drunk Tomato posted:

I watched the DVD with my friends thinking "oh, everyone's gonna get bored, nothing really scary happened this season..."

Nope.

Season 2 was WAY more intense than season 1. It was actually pretty freaky, even for those of us that had already seen them on youtube. Something about seeing all the entries back-to-back in a dark room really ramps up the tension.

Yeah, I noticed that too. When I watched the series initially, I thought it was boring because we'd have a few weeks between entries and then get treated to a 15-minute episode where Jay walks around in the woods. But it for sure works a lot better watching it all at once.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Docjowles posted:

Season 2 was weird. Nothing happened in real time as it did in S1. Literally the entire thing except about the last minute was Jay watching stuff that already happened.

Mosr of it was watching old tapes, but there was also quite a lot happening in real time, with all the events going on at the hotel

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh right, I'm not sure what I was thinking. The first section that ends with him getting chased out by Masky is all real time.

Timall
Dec 20, 2008
Before we all start getting into Season 3, I have a question about the last entry in Season 2.

So, we know that all of the tapes Jay had were found in the safe in the hotel. The last tape, uploaded as Entry 52, show Jay and Jessica's encounter with Alex and Tim in Rosswood and Jay being attacked by the Operator in the hotel room. After Jay passes out, he apparently puts his camera back on the tripod and goes to bed, not remembering any of it. But what about the tapes that were already in the chestcam and his normal camera? The ones that recorded all the events from that day? Did Jay put fresh tapes in his camera during his memory blackout?

In Entry 27, he could have looked over the tapes already in his camera and seen the events from Entry 52. Apologies if this has already been explained.

Rambowjo
May 27, 2008

:cop: let it go dude, hail satan
Has the trailer from the DVD been released on the internet yet? I'd love to check it out.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Timall posted:

Did Jay put fresh tapes in his camera during his memory blackout?

I would guess we might probably have to assume so... for continuity's sake.

If Jay could be filmed in full face makeup slumped in a hallway with the operator shuffling by and not remember, it's not too big of a stretch.

e: Hell, he lost what... 7 months of memories there? So he must've locked it all up while he was "under".

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 10, 2012

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

My Slenderbuddies and I are tossing each other off with glee while we're waiting for Entry #53 to be uploaded. I really hope it gets uploaded at some point in the near future or else they'll all have come here for nothing!

They're even eating all of my Sour Cream & Onion crisps. :(

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was tradition that the updates come in the middle of the night for extra spook factor.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Following tradition, the update will be uploaded at 11:49pm tonight, followed by a twitter message saying the update failed, followed by several attempts to retry the upload until it finally goes up at 5:00am tomorrow.

What I'm saying is, I'll watch it tomorrow :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

MeccaPrime posted:

Following tradition, the update will be uploaded at 11:49pm tonight, followed by a twitter message saying the update failed, followed by several attempts to retry the upload until it finally goes up at 5:00am tomorrow.

What I'm saying is, I'll watch it tomorrow :v:

Oh well. sounds like we're having a sleepover tonight, then! v:v:v

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm rewatching all of it now with my parents. Mom is scared of it and dad is analyzing hotels.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I am so stoked. It's nearly 2AM... I think I should resign myself to watching this tomorrow...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Liar Lyre posted:

I'm rewatching all of it now with my parents. Mom is scared of it and dad is analyzing hotels.

Does he travel a lot and thinks he's seen that place before?

MortonTheCranium
Nov 25, 2004

We're cousins. (bros)
Entry 53 is up. http://youtu.be/qcWlenKaKdQ

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Jay confirmed for being a creeper

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Tim. Tim. Tim Tim Tim TIM TIM TIM TIM!!

Jay, when did you get so smooth?! Oh man this has got me so stoked for this series, can't wait to see the footage from the original film, assuming Tim finds it. And why does Tim not remember Jay at all? And only vaguely remembers the film itself? How much of the last few years is Tim aware of?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

DarklyDreaming posted:

Does he travel a lot and thinks he's seen that place before?
I know he hasn't been to Georgia, but apparently many hotels are the same because he was giving me a rundown on the whole floor plan. He even figured out the woman next door. Maybe he's a fat hairy Operator. :tinfoil:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Well they can't just have Tim come out and be like yeah I'm masky blah blah here's how it all works.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

So, Tim sure seems to have quite the cough.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

We've got some options to consider here:

A.) Tim knows more than he's letting on, and the tapes are a lie to get Jay in closer.

B.) Tim's got worse memory degradation than everyone else, and somehow the mask can repair that for him.

I'm kinda thinking it's option A, but I'm not quite sure still. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of their next meeting.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

soupcan58 posted:

We've got some options to consider here:

A.) Tim knows more than he's letting on, and the tapes are a lie to get Jay in closer.

B.) Tim's got worse memory degradation than everyone else, and somehow the mask can repair that for him.

I'm kinda thinking it's option A, but I'm not quite sure still. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of their next meeting.

I'd like to think A, and that Tim has motive and was just acting coy to give him time to come up with a plan.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

deadwing posted:

So, Tim sure seems to have quite the cough.

He should really consider cutting down on the smoking. :ohdear:

Tim seems like a pretty nice guy though. If some guy I barely knew years ago started pestering me about an old student project, I'd probably try to brush him off. Maybe even give him the wrong phone number, or take his number and never call. Not Tim though. He calls back right away with an offer of some low-effort help. What a swell guy. :allears:

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.
Anyone else notice this?

When Jay gives Tim his number, Tim sends Jay a text back to confirm and asks, "Got it?"
Right before that moment, as Jay receives it, there's a flicker of distortion on the video. It happens again when Jay gets the call from Tim. Am I seeing things? If I'm not, what does this tell us about Tim?

I don't think Tim has any new tapes. I think he's leading Jay into some kind of trap.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Marble Hornets 3: The Search For Tim.

Stop smoking Tim, it's really bad for you :mad:.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad it's back and I'm glad that an actual event took place in the first entry of the season.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

OPERATOR SIGHTED AT 6:26 :supaburn:

Just kidding, that's probably not him. I gotta say though that this entry did a lot better job of setting up possible events than Entry #27 did for Season 2, because stuff actually happened this time. I'm totally psyched to see what happens next and I'm happy to see that Tim is back!

e: Actually when Jay turns back to the same shot later the dark figure is gone! Translation: the shadowy tree is now behind the bridge. Looks like the Operator has a pact with the fauna now! :tinfoil:

e2: They also totally missed out on an opportunity by not giving Jay 'Gimme 20 Dollaz' as his ringtone! :colbert:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 11, 2012

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I was kinda hoping that we'd get more of an actiony intro to this season, but either way I'm stoked that there's new stuff coming.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

JordanKai posted:

e2: They also totally missed out on an opportunity by not giving Jay 'Gimme 20 Dollaz' as his ringtone! :colbert:

:frogout:

Clarington Grey posted:

Anyone else notice this?

When Jay gives Tim his number, Tim sends Jay a text back to confirm and asks, "Got it?"
Right before that moment, as Jay receives it, there's a flicker of distortion on the video. It happens again when Jay gets the call from Tim. Am I seeing things? If I'm not, what does this tell us about Tim?

I don't think Tim has any new tapes. I think he's leading Jay into some kind of trap.

Nice catch on the first one, but I didn't notice it on the second one. Got a timestamp for the one on the phone call?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh man, was not expecting this to be posted so early in the evening! Mountain timezone supremacy :whatup:

I don't think Tim is conscious of his Masky alter-ego. He'd have to be the smoothest loving operator (heh) of all time to get ambushed by Jay like that and not miss a beat. He's regularly hitting up a mental hospital, my gut says Tim's going in to talk about blacking out for days and waking up with broken bones or something and he honestly just has no idea about the other poo poo going on between "him", Jay and Alex.

Whatever the case may be, I have a big rear end grin on my face cause Marble Hornets is back.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

soupcan58 posted:

:frogout:

Nice catch on the first one, but I didn't notice it on the second one. Got a timestamp for the one on the phone call?

I was just kidding :(

Also, the second set of video flickering occurs between 6:40 and 6:48. The dried-up grass Jay is pointing the camera at makes it kind of hard to see, though.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Hopefully there aren't too many entries of 'going through the old tapes,' or at least if there are I hope they reveal some pretty major stuff. I like the live(ish) updates better.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

JordanKai posted:

I was just kidding :(

Also, the second set of video flickering occurs between 6:40 and 6:48. The dried-up grass Jay is pointing the camera at makes it kind of hard to see, though.

As was I. I'm not hard on folks in here. Don't take something like that from me as anything other than in a joking fashion unless someone's being an rear end in a top hat. That's when I tend to mean those.

Thanks for the time code. I'm having a hard time seeing it, but I'll take your word that it's there.

soupcan58 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 11, 2012

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Marble Hornets Season 3: *sigh* More Tapes...

(note I'm saying this because Jay said it not because I'm tired of the format)

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
"Great... more tapes. My bf and I said exactly the same thing about two seconds before Jay did.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE
So, how long will Jay be able to stick to his cover story this time?

I'm so excited about this show coming back that I'm having a hard time getting to sleep. :v: I wasn't expecting that much plot in the very first episode. But drat was it a good surprise. Wonder what dark and horrible secrets are going to be on this round of student film footage?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
It's a trap, Jay! A trap!

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Maybe Tim really doesn't have any idea who Jay is/what he does when he's blacked out, but who says that Masky blacks out when Tim's awake?

Jay's gonna turn around and Masky's gonna be all HE LL OW HY DI DY OU FO LL OW ME and then he's going to wake up in a hotel in Tennessee.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

blastron posted:

Maybe Tim really doesn't have any idea who Jay is/what he does when he's blacked out, but who says that Masky blacks out when Tim's awake?

Jay's gonna turn around and Masky's gonna be all HE LL OW HY DI DY OU FO LL OW ME and then he's going to wake up in a hotel in Tennessee.

And then all of Season 4 consists of Jay looking through tapes to find out that he spent the last three months literally jumping sharks at Sea World. :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
oh god I'm making one of those posts, but here goes: Is it just me or is that Slendy at 7:50 down in the right corner? It might just be the struts, but I see what looks like a white face and hands standing out from a long black silhouette.

• Locked thread