Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KTBush
Sep 22, 2012

Anyone know if the numbers mean anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm sure they do like always, but I'll let unfiction do all the work so I can reap the excellent rewards of SHE'S OUT THERE and THE ARK IS GONE without any effort.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

phenom64 posted:

Looked like co-ordinates, then again there were three listed so might be something else.

Really liking the Broadcast Hijacking style that the TTA videos have been refined to.

SMexicandoanything
Oct 29, 2010

phenom64 posted:

Probably a zip code. Yeah, definitely.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator
It always amazes me how creepy totheark can be with a misbehaving VHS tape and a couple of numbers in jaggy font. Oh and that weird face thing. It reminds me of the Very Bad Fanfiction deleted scenes.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Very cool TTA entry. I agree that it doesn't really matter what the code is since it'll just be filler, but I kind of wish the guys had a follow up video planned for "let's go storm my house and get Alex!" and not "okay check in with you chumps a month after the events happened!"

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

fullroundaction posted:

Very cool TTA entry. I agree that it doesn't really matter what the code is since it'll just be filler, but I kind of wish the guys had a follow up video planned for "let's go storm my house and get Alex!" and not "okay check in with you chumps a month after the events happened!"

Jay looked like he could use a few weeks to relax and a couple of beers before storming Alex's house. Probably what's going on.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Watching that TTA video, I was half-expecting this to show up in the background somehow.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Unfiction (user "americhat") cracked the code. Spoilered in case anyone here still wants to work on it:

If you multiply the numbers at the end by the number shown at the beginning it’s:

if any number less than 26 is a letter, this translated to:

nevercured
never
never
trust

Also the entry number shown at the beginning of the video translates to "liar"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

Unfiction (user "americhat") cracked the code. Spoilered in case anyone here still wants to work on it:

If you multiply the numbers at the end by the number shown at the beginning it’s:

if any number less than 26 is a letter, this translated to:

nevercured
never
never
trust

Also the entry number shown at the beginning of the video translates to "liar"

so pretty much:

xZAOx posted:

I'm sure they do like always, but I'll let unfiction do all the work so I can reap the excellent rewards of SHE'S OUT THERE and THE ARK IS GONE without any effort.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Yeah even Unfiction posters were rolling their eyes before it even got solved. "WE GET IT SOMEONE IS LYING JESUS CHRIST SHUT UP".

I still enjoy these though, and Troy has made it clear that they don't want TTA's channel or the twitter (or anything other than the main YouTube) to be required viewing to understand the main story, so I respect that.

But they could still give us info that's non-essential to the overall plot the keep things interesting and make these worth solving/getting excited about.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Well, the information that "Nothing is cured." certainly has some implications. Maybe those pills aren't actually doing what we (and the characters) think they do.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Apple Craft posted:

Well, the information that "Nothing is cured." certainly has some implications. Maybe those pills aren't actually doing what we (and the characters) think they do.

Just treating the symptoms, as it were?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

E-Tank posted:

Just treating the symptoms, as it were?

Or just sugar pills/placebos and Tim feeling better is caused by something else.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Terminal Entropy posted:

Or just sugar pills/placebos and Tim feeling better is caused by something else.

Then how come they seem to be working on J?

Or is it some sort of subconscious thing and Tim is actively healing everyone?

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

E-Tank posted:

Then how come they seem to be working on J?

The placebo effect is a pretty curious thing. Swing by the pseudoscience thread for some info if you're interested.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
Uninteresting, unspoilery screenshot from MH Entry #75:

http://t.co/GxhktHvbQI

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
:siren:New episode is out:siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEixWTGuLJs

hasturhasturhastur
Jun 28, 2007

I play paintball three times a week, bro. I'm even one of those douchebags who brings in his own equipment.
NEW EPISODE UP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEixWTGuLJs

So looks like ep 76 will be The Forbidden Tape.

Wonder what episode 77 will be. Maybe it will co-incide with pronounciationbook's "Something will happen in XX days" thing.

e: f,b.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Goddammit, What the hell Tim? If you want the guy to trust you, you need to tell him the truth. None of this obi-wan crap of 'It was for your own good', tell him the truth and that it can't be watched yet. I know Jay is persistent, but isn't it better telling him that there is something to fall back on if everything else goes to poo poo, than just straight up lying to his face?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well, well, well. It looks like things are actually getting interesting.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Wow, we actually got two new leads out of one video.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

SMexicandoanything posted:

Probably a zip code. Yeah, definitely.

If you add up all of the zip codes for all of the streets that match the address in this video (in Alabama) and convert the numbers to letters (making 0 = O) and then rearrange them you get "BIG HOG".

SLENDER PIG IS CANON

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!

fullroundaction posted:

SLENDER PIG IS CANON

Maybe it's like Ganon and once they defeat regular Slendy he transforms into a giant pig.

SMexicandoanything
Oct 29, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

If you add up all of the zip codes for all of the streets that match the address in this video (in Alabama) and convert the numbers to letters (making 0 = O) and then rearrange them you get "BIG HOG".

SLENDER PIG IS CANON

OH GOD I KNEW IT. HE IS THE TRUE TULPA!

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator
I'm genuinely excited to see what's on that tape, something I haven't been with this series for a while.

I'm sure it's just gonna be another ten minute walk through the woods but at this point it could be anything!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Guys, I don't like where this is going. Tim has shaved off his sideburns and appears to be growing a neckbeard. :ohdear:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Angela Christine posted:

Guys, I don't like where this is going. Tim has shaved off his sideburns and appears to be growing a neckbeard. :ohdear:

That distressed me too when I saw the twitter screenshot :ohdear:

This tape should be pretty good. I mean they've been building up to it for 3 entries so it better.

Obviously Skimasky, Alex, and Tim all want J to see it (despite Tim's reluctance he really didn't make an effort to stop J) so I would have to imagine it's a tape of J himself doing some really bad poo poo. What else would he not be prepared for?

I have no idea what the note on the picture means.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I'm starting to feel like there's some relatively unexpected things going on behind the scenes, things that Jay (and by extension, we) haven't really had enough clues to even suspect. I mean, of course Tim's explanation about the tape is pretty suspicious and casts a new light on his motives for working with Jay. However there's also Amy, whose existence Alex had apparently tried to hide (see entry #70). It seems like everyone's been trying to pull one over on Jay, really.

Maybe the guys really have had some kind of consistent master plan for the story all along? I'm pretty excited to see how this ends now.

Visteri
Apr 2, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but if I knew someone had been living in my house intending to do me harm, I wouldn't take any pills I found there. Even if I thought I knew what they were.

Unless I knew that person actually wasn't out to get me and the two of us were just trying to trick people into thinking we were enemies. :tinfoil:

It's probably nothing though.

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!
What if Slendy'd up Jay killed Jessica? That would be something that Tim would want to keep from him until everything is over, and would also explain all the "LIAR" TTA stuff in a way. I know it's out of left field, but it'd be a really good plot point.

Forte fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 25, 2013

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
If for some reason that's true, it would make Tim (as Masky) chasing J out of the hotel more interesting because it would have been to protect Jessica, which is the opposite of what was originally guessed.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I feel like there have been multiple episodes this season where I think "aw yeah, poo poo is FINALLY going to go down". Then instead they just kind of walk around, see something scary and run away :shrug: We'll see soon enough I guess!

Well, I was half right. Everyone they intended to confront had taken off and the episode was yet another anti-climax in that regard. Apparently posting a video on YouTube saying "HEY BRO WE ARE COMING OVER NOW" and then waiting a month to do so gives them enough time to escape? But presumably whatever is on that tape is going to be a Big loving Deal so hopefully something finally actually happens.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kilogram posted:

I'm genuinely excited to see what's on that tape, something I haven't been with this series for a while.

I'm sure it's just gonna be another ten minute walk through the woods but at this point it could be anything!

I really hope they don't pull the "the tape has damage.. I only got 5 minutes.. 4 of which are walking."

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Docjowles posted:

Well, I was half right. Everyone they intended to confront had taken off and the episode was yet another anti-climax in that regard. Apparently posting a video on YouTube saying "HEY BRO WE ARE COMING OVER NOW" and then waiting a month to do so gives them enough time to escape? But presumably whatever is on that tape is going to be a Big loving Deal so hopefully something finally actually happens.

This time, it mostly wasn't their fault. Looks like TTA grabbed Alex before they got there this time, from the paper they found.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Is it just me, or did Tim or Jay (or both, really) seem to be acting pretty out of character. Jay seemed much more paranoid and Tim more secretive than they have been over the past few entries. Almost as if Slendy is having an effect...

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
One thing that's been bugging me about MH, especially since Tim started getting involved again, is how wooden and forced the acting seems sometimes. Which is odd, because I've seen the cast's comedy videos and I know it's not that they're bad actors because the acting in those is loving top-notch. I think they're going for a more realistic "found footage" thing but it seems like it doesn't work a lot of the time.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

legoman727 posted:

This time, it mostly wasn't their fault.

"Let's go get Alex after I finish this beef jerky!" - cool, a sense of urgency.

A couple weeks pass.

"Thanks for taking me to the doctor so I could get a consulatation. You wanna get lunch or ... weren't we supposed to do something?".

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Is it just me, or did Tim or Jay (or both, really) seem to be acting pretty out of character. Jay seemed much more paranoid and Tim more secretive than they have been over the past few entries. Almost as if Slendy is having an effect...

I took it as them just trying a little too hard to telegraph that Tim was trying to pull one over on Jay. There were like 3 separate times he said "hey can you go look in here? I have to go to the total other side of the house right now for, uh, like, reasons. and stuff. Oh, that tape? NOPE HAVENT SEEN IT :ninja:"

By this point Jay has more than earned the right to be paranoid. If anything it's weird that it took him this long considering that for years he's been stalked by supernatural horrors not to mention the real-life dude with a gun that hates him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I didn't think Jay was being all that exceptionally paranoid, he clearly knew Tim was lying from the start, since you can see him zoom in on the tape in his pocket multiple times while Tim is trying to talk him into going away.

• Locked thread