Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

phenom64 posted:

Wow, there's been another new update.

Tribe Twelve:

http://youtu.be/4JDnemMYYSQ

Being stalked by Slender Man isn't alll that bad

:stare: drat son.

I have to say though It kind of ruins the whole terror bit if you apparently have someone who can just poo poo money out of their time manipulating rear end.

as for the Dark Harvest kind of frustrating that they keep on stopping only to say 'Oh by the way this isn't where things actually happened, that'll be in the next video'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fullroundaction posted:

I demand a halfassed ARG marketing effort for buildup to the new movie announcement :colbert:

Pretty sure we've been watching it for the last 4 years :downsrim:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Docjowles posted:

Pretty sure we've been watching it for the last 4 years :downsrim:

Actually, -pushes up glasses- Marble Hornets is not an ARG because

That would be hilarious if they ran an actual other ARG that's not Marble Hornets to promote the movie.

kilogram
Mar 29, 2012

Cyborg Senator

fullroundaction posted:

That would be hilarious if they ran an actual other ARG that's not Marble Hornets to promote the movie.

The ultimate slap in the face for Troy and co.

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!

Marble Hornets Twitter posted:

Just watched the tape. Things aren't good right now. Need sleep. Uploading entry 76 later tonight.

Ught oh.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

He's going to see himself kidnapping Amy on the tape. Cmon. Do it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Alex: Jay... I am your father.

Jay: NOOOOOOOOOOO *cuts off hand, runs away*

Alex: ... what the gently caress? It was a joke, man, we're like 3 months apart. How would that even make sense?

Visteri
Apr 2, 2011

Docjowles posted:

Alex: Jay... I am your father.

Jay: NOOOOOOOOOOO *cuts off hand, runs away*

Alex: ... what the gently caress? It was a joke, man, we're like 3 months apart. How would that even make sense?
Time trav-- :fuckoff:

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Visteri posted:

Time trav-- :fuckoff:

Thank you for so concisely summing up my feelings on this topic.

Yeah J has to have done some pretty bad poo poo for sure. We'll get to see the tape tonight, which hopefully is awesome after all this buildup ... but are they just going to sit on that address?

And drat J took you that long to watch the tape?!?!

:f5:

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

fullroundaction posted:

Thank you for so concisely summing up my feelings on this topic.

Yeah J has to have done some pretty bad poo poo for sure. We'll get to see the tape tonight, which hopefully is awesome after all this buildup ... but are they just going to sit on that address?

And drat J took you that long to watch the tape?!?!

:f5:

I wonder if what he sees on the tape will get him back to be with Tim. Goddammit, my Tim/J fanfic has been ruined if they don't get back together.

I'm kidding, but you know that there is someone out there saying the same thing without a hint of irony.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Here 'tis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD7S5Xp5bs

Edit: I have no idea what I just watched. :psyduck:

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 13, 2013

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Jessica may be dead?

Well then.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Rokstar posted:

Here 'tis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD7S5Xp5bs

Edit: I have no idea what I just watched. :psyduck:

I liked it. Some kind of awkward dialog in there when Alex first finds Jessica, but otherwise a pretty great entry. I ended up wondering if, despite appearances, the two masked characters are actually trying to help Jessica in some odd way. Alex definitely doesn't seem to be helping. Also made me start wondering if the one in the hoodie is somehow Jay.

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009
OK, so I'm trying to reason out why Tim hid this from Jay. My first thought was that Jay's been saying that he wanted to find Jessica, maybe Tim thought if Jay knew she was gone he would give up. But I think this would just make Jay want to get Alex more. And obviously he won't give up now. Maybe if he knew what happened to Jessica he would do something stupid like confront Alex alone. Since TO has been known to defend Alex this would be a bad idea. But I feel like there has to be more to it. How did Alex get away from Hoody when Hoody clearly had the upper hand? Did TO intervene? If so, how did Hoody escape? For that matter, why did Jessica die (assuming she did)? Did TO bring Jessica back to Alex and Alex killed her? IIRC the only people we've seen TO permanently take have been killed by Alex.

FoglyOgly fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 13, 2013

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I don't think this entry makes sense.

Just throwing that out there.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Might want to spoiler some of that, FoglyOgly.

In other news, SQUARE in the nuts. Jesus, is everyone in this show more badass than Jay? Kudos to the writers for that one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is this the first time that someone's commented on the operator in this series directly? I know they film him and run from him, but I don't think anyone's every talked about him before (that I can remember).

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009

-Fish- posted:

Might want to spoiler some of that, FoglyOgly.

poo poo my bad. Got a little too excited.

IUG posted:

Is this the first time that someone's commented on the operator in this series directly? I know they film him and run from him, but I don't think anyone's every talked about him before (that I can remember).

I remember Jay calling it "that thing" on at least one occasion.

Forte
Oct 22, 2009

Where is your Belmont clan now?!
We can finally rule out Jessica as SkiMasky. Now we can understand all the TTA "LIAR" stuff.

This was a very good entry and well worth the wait. Thanks guys.

FoglyOgly posted:

OK, so I'm trying to reason out why Tim hid this from Jay.

Because most of the reason Jay agreed to help Tim is because Tim said he'd help Jay find Jessica in return IIRC.

Forte fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 13, 2013

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

IUG posted:

In the early episodes Alex mentions him several times, before he really know who the Operator is.

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry
Definitely one of the best episodes since the early stuff. (Re-)introducing a character who doesn't yet know to be freaked out by SM made this way, way scarier than his other recent appearances.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:stare:

Well that was worth the wait. Once I got over the initial "wtf did I just see" factor I think they potentially filled in a number of holes. Then again I've been wrong about drat near every theory since season 1, so who knows. Have they seriously been sitting on that entry for like 2 years? :golfclap:

First, I guess that kills (heh) my long standing theory that Jessica is Skimasky. RIP, girl. My new frontrunner is Amy. I also agree that the Maskies were trying to help, despite looking shady as all gently caress in the process, which is why Tim didn't want Jay to see it. Just read the text at the end; Jay interprets it as Tim hiding his role in Jessica's murder from him. Alex chases Skimasky off and is very obviously leading Jessica into the woods to sacrifice her to the Operator the way he's done with Seth, Brian, Beardy and who knows who else. He's still the bad guy here.

I just rewatched entries 32-33 where Jessica vanishes. They actually did an awesome job of telegraphing this. Near the end of 32, there's tons of audio distortion, and then they agree to leave that night. Jay says he's gonna spend some time uploading the videos before he finishes packing and comes back for Jessica, which gives the Maskies time to rush in and kidnap her. As usual, there's new questions. Why does Tim come back and attack Jay? Did he see Alex take Jessica and he's trying to get Jay to leave and pursue her? Trying to get Jay out before the Operator comes back? Or is he just trying to get them both killed? I strongly lean toward Masky being a good guy trying to power through his confused blackout state to help Jay, but it's open to interpretation.

Finally, Jay is not Skimasky unless we're open to complete time travel fuckery. Jay's been holding the camera many times while chasing Skimasky.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 13, 2013

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Also made me start wondering if the one in the hoodie is somehow Jay.

This is impossible, since Hoody and Jay have both been onscreen at the same time together.

FoglyOgly posted:

TO has been known to defend Alex.
This is true, but I'm more curious as to why the Operator has shown mercy to Jay. The Operator has confronted and cornered Jay multiple times throughout the series, could have killed him or taken him "away", but hasn't. There must be some deeper connection between Jay and the Operator that hasn't been made clear yet.

I am wondering if Jessica is really dead. When Tim was tripping out in the woods after being attacked by the Operator, he had a brief glimpse of the guy Alex murdered surrounded by a black void. Maybe Jessica is there now, too. The limbo where the Operator takes his victims. I was cringing when Alex guided her towards the tunnel -- classic horror movie storytelling. No, don't follow him! Don't go in there!

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

Docjowles posted:

Finally, Jay is not Skimasky unless we're open to complete time travel fuckery. Jay's been holding the camera many times while chasing Skimasky.

No. We are not open to complete time travel fuckery.

This entry was great. As for why Tim wanted to hide this, I know he and Skimasky have worked together before, like when they attacked Alex, but wasn't there also a time Skimasky attacked him and Jay or something? Or am I just remembering this wrong?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Oh jesus christ, that was the scariest one in forever. watching Alex lead Jessica into that goddamned loving tunnel. How the gently caress could he do this to her. :argh:

The worst part is I think I understand now why he's doing what he's doing. He's trying to quarantine the 'infection'. He's trying to bury this. Amy is gone, taken by TO most likely. He thinks that if he kills everyone who knows about this, it'll stop. Once he's the last one remaining, he'll kill himself. He blames himself for Amy being taken, and he believes if he can kill everyone who knows too much, TO will never take anyone else. Or at least never take anyone because of his actions.

Notice what he says. "I'm sorry, This is all J's Fault."

Who was it that told Jessica that they hadn't found Amy? J.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 13, 2013

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Christopher Robin posted:

This entry was great. As for why Tim wanted to hide this, I know he and Skimasky have worked together before, like when they attacked Alex, but wasn't there also a time Skimasky attacked him and Jay or something? Or am I just remembering this wrong?

Maybe I forgot, but I can't think of a single time Skimasky has done anything against Jay or Tim. He/she seems to go out of their way to lead them to clues and harm Alex, in fact.

KTBush
Sep 22, 2012
From the looks of this Jessica is probably dead.

When we see her laying down, it doesn't look she's breathing

Also, I think the clip were Alex stands over with his gun probably implies that he made sure she was dead

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

E-Tank posted:

The worst part is I think I understand now why he's doing what he's doing.

This is a very interesting theory. But what's the maskies' motivation in this scenario? They're wholly under the Operator's control and want Jay to succeed/Alex to fail so that the "infection" spreads? That... actually makes a decent amount of sense.

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.

Docjowles posted:

Maybe I forgot, but I can't think of a single time Skimasky has done anything against Jay or Tim. He/she seems to go out of their way to lead them to clues and harm Alex, in fact.

Well, earlier we saw the hooded figure enter Tim's apartment and steal his medication, apparently knowing this would cause a Mr. Hyde relapse in Tim and turn him back into Masky. It was a cruel thing to do, but the question is, what was the motivation behind it?

Now that I think of it, maybe Tim was showing more concern for Jay's well-being than even Jay himself realized. After their last encounter with the Operator, Tim told Jay he gave him some pills while he was "out of it." Maybe he was doing this to stop Jay from becoming like him and Hoody.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Docjowles posted:

This is a very interesting theory. But what's the maskies' motivation in this scenario? They're wholly under the Operator's control and want Jay to succeed/Alex to fail so that the "infection" spreads? That... actually makes a decent amount of sense.

Maskies are I think just wildcards, but they may in fact be TO's agents.

My theory so far: The maskies have *weird* brain chemistry. Instead of falling under TO's control, they develop secondary personalities. Basically disassociate identity disorder. As has been said, Tim has been seeing TO all his life, meaning he was infected without any prior cause. Perhaps, TO is only visible by people with certain brain chemistry, unless the individual has been made aware and believe he exists. Cameras show him because it has no will, and is artificial. Seeing him on camera however generally leaves people believing that 'something' was there, so the infection spreads.

As for their intentions: I don't know what their intentions are, but it is entirely plausible that they are not as benevolent as they seem. While they have been shown trying to aid J, and save Jessica, we don't know for what purpose, and we may never know. For all we know they truly believe that they can fight the operator, and are trying to keep the major players alive to continue to try and do that. That also might be why Skimasky was having a hard time pulling the trigger on Alex. If skimasky really hated Alex as much as we believe, he/she/it wouldn't have had any trouble pulling the trigger before TO popped up to save the day.

Edit: sorry, I re-did a bit and made it easier to read/parse, as well as expanded on my own personal theories.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 13, 2013

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I am extremely unhappy about the revelation that (SLENDER: THE ARRIVAL SPOILERS!)Alex has been trying to defeat(?) TO by killing off everyone who knows about him. That's the exact same plot twist the MH guys used when they wrote the story for Slender: The Arrival.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 14, 2013

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

JordanKai posted:

I am extremely unhappy about the revelation that Alex has been trying to defeat(?) TO by killing off everyone who knows about him. That's the exact same plot twist the MH guys used when they wrote the story for Slender: The Arrival.

Yes, well that doesn't mean that's what's going to end up happening. For all we know I'm wrong. It might be something else entirely. I'm just speculating. Alex could actually be TO's servant and wanting to feed people to it. :shrug:

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 13, 2013

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

phenom64 posted:

When we see her laying down, it doesn't look she's breathing

I think the fact that she disappeared is what means she is dead

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
While the entry is good, we need some loving answers and not more questions sometimes.

I'm getting BattleStar Galactica / Lost flashbacks where I feel like that they'll eventually throw their hands up, say "gently caress IT" and just end poo poo in a clusterfuck that makes no sense.

It's hard to keep looking for clues when nothing gets confirmed, ever, ever. I feel like now would have been the time to show us the character's face.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So...

What is going on around the 8.53 mark there. Is that someone else or just a weird camera angle for what's going on at that point?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

JordanKai posted:

I am extremely unhappy about the revelation that [Slender: The Arrival spoilers based entirely off of a guessed motive in MH]

Wish I hadn't read this, I haven't played that game yet and wasn't hoping to have it spoiled for me reading comments on this episode

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Tim and Skimasky had to have been trying to save J and Jessica.

It's clear that Alex intends on killing literally everyone, so #TeamMask could have just sat back and done nothing if they were indifferent to the situation. Why they brought Jessica (and presumably J, if it had gone according to plan) in the direction of Alex's murderhole is sort of boggling though.

Also Tim would have just killed J at this point if they weren't on the same side.

I'm with Doc on Sarah being the most likely suspect for the identity of Skimasky (she was trying to save her roommate) especially after the note that was left in the attic (even though the actor clearly isn't a woman).

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Atoramos posted:

Wish I hadn't read this, I haven't played that game yet and wasn't hoping to have it spoiled for me reading comments on this episode

Sorry man, I tried to keep it quiet that it was like that. Then Jordan came along and well...

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I just rewatched entries 32-33 where Jessica vanishes. They actually did an awesome job of telegraphing this. Near the end of 32, there's tons of audio distortion, and then they agree to leave that night. Jay says he's gonna spend some time uploading the videos before he finishes packing and comes back for Jessica, which gives the Maskies time to rush in and kidnap her.

So the idea is that while Jay was uploading the video Tim went up there to abduct Jessica and drop her off in the forest? So presumably Tim went back up to the hotel room to get Jay for the same ends but Jay got away?

Christopher Robin posted:

But it's the best theory :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Blazing Ownager posted:

While the entry is good, we need some loving answers and not more questions sometimes.

I'm getting BattleStar Galactica / Lost flashbacks where I feel like that they'll eventually throw their hands up, say "gently caress IT" and just end poo poo in a clusterfuck that makes no sense.

It's hard to keep looking for clues when nothing gets confirmed, ever, ever. I feel like now would have been the time to show us the character's face.

I feel like at this point they could make any reveal, any drat thing at all, and I would accept it, no matter what, with no surprise or resistance.

Future Jay is skimasky? Alex is the good guy? Jessica is Brian?

Okay! Whatever!

It's hard to feel like I'm being kept guessing when I have no information to frame my guesses on. It just feels like a mess of meaningless info behind a total static of obfuscation.

Still watchin' these, though, because the direction is really something cool.

• Locked thread