Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

To be fair, this may have been the best way to handle the Brian reveal. If they pulled off the mask and it was Brian, it's just going to be anticlimactic because who would recognize him? And if he was still alive, unhooding Hoody would have been weak. Killing him first and then revealing who it was is an alright way around Brian being suddenly a relevant character again.

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

curiousTerminal posted:

I imagine Alex only managed to get Amy to do it because she was friends with Brian or Tim or something.
Lord, what a mess this student film is.

she was someone's girlfriend

wait... WHAT IF JESSICA WAS BRIAN'S GIRLFRIEND :lost: :psypop:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FoglyOgly posted:

EDIT: Why did it take so long for Tim to realize that Hoodie wore Brian's hoodie?

It is a nondescript beige hoody. It doesn't even have a logo. There must be millions just like it. Plus Brian wore in as part of a layered outfit with the hood down, and at the time he likely had more than one outfit and didn't wear the hoody all day every day.

That hoody must be getting pretty ripe by now. Running around in the woods, abandoned buildings, and living rough for years. Does he ever go to a laundromat? Does he own any other clothes? :iiam:

Slender Man is just trying to get these overgrown manchildren to grow up, clean up their act, and get some decent work clothes. Take some pride in your appearance. Noooooo don't grow crazy sideburns, what are you thinking?

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Angela Christine posted:

Slender Mom is just trying to get these overgrown manchildren to grow up, clean up their act, and get some decent work clothes. Take some pride in your appearance. Noooooo don't grow crazy sideburns, what are you thinking?

How quickly we forget.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
gimme twenty dollars

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

does this spell death for time travel jay being the guy in the hoody gently caress

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Necros posted:

does this spell death for time travel jay being the guy in the hoody gently caress

No, Jay obviously got plastic surgery to look like Brian, then went back in time and stole his hoody off Brian's dead body.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Is that the original Brian? As in entry 7 Brian? Because if so wow he looks great these days. I didn't recognise him at all.

It totally is, they have the same gap-toothed smile. Good job guy, you look totally different than you did five years ago.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Brian got hot

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

I was really glad to see Tim still has that weirdass monkey shirt that he had in the gazebo scene.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Some news from the latest THAC podcast :

They are nearing the end of Marble Hornets, but they don't want to say how many episodes are left, since they want the ending to come as a surprise.

They are going to do a kickstarter for the season 3 DVD, since they are now handling everything in the store themselves they need to do some kind of preorder to fund it, and with a kickstarter they have the option of giving other things away.

They are going to make a new edition of the season one DVD, they had no control over the original product and were not happy with it. And they felt the video quality on it was not very good.
They will also re-record a commentary for that, more like with the one on the second season DVD, and put it online for free.
There is also a possibility of stretch goals to put more extra content onto that DVD.

They are going to launch it after the series is over.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
That all sounds awesome. I'd definitely be down for a Kickstarter funding project for the S3 DVD and any other cool stuff they want to throw out there.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
THE MOTHER FUCKIN SLENDER MAN AAAAAAA

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Hope it's a conclusive end. Maybe not so much a "ah so this is who the operator is" deal, but a "why Brian did what he did and why Alex was an rear end in a top hat." anywho, atleast there ending it vs "ok, let's do another video, any ideas left?"

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Slenderman wakes up and realizes it was all a dream

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Planet Piss posted:

Slenderman wakes up and realizes it was all a dream

oh my god. there was these kids with cameras and one of them had sideburns from 1973. there was another one who looked like a goddamn fish with his eyes too far apart. they kept videotaping me and running around the woods. what a boring dream.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
So... Everyman HYBRID posted another new video.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

in the final entry slenderman steals thousands of dollars from the kickstarter fund to open a hotdog stand

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

I shall buy the S3 DVD only if they agree to abridge the poo poo out of it. I'm not keen on watching hours upon hours of walking in the woods interrupted by the occasional tall mannequin.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
There better be a box set with all seasons and some cool swag like the red Swingline stapler that came with my deluxe edition of Office Space, or I'll set the building on fire.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Apple Craft posted:

There better be a box set with all seasons and some cool swag like the red Swingline stapler that came with my deluxe edition of Office Space, or I'll set the building on fire.

Which building?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Jay's apartment. :rimshot:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So this whole thing is over now?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

So this whole thing is over now?

yeah. jay died irl. i saw it on twitter. rip slender-bro.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What? Can someone elaborate on this?!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Tias posted:

What? Can someone elaborate on this?!

one of the dudes said it on twitter but deleted it so maybe we're not supposed to know yet.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
take me

to the ark

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

he crashed his miata into a dunkin donuts iirc. we should wait for more news before jumping to conclusions though. rip.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
do you think the slenderman has a slendercock

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

please don't be crude. a man is presumably dead. this is no place for slenderjokes.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We all know that's going to be the general reaction to how this ends. " So, that's it then? Story over? Huh. Good editing, I suppose. "

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bunky posted:

one of the dudes said it on twitter but deleted it so maybe we're not supposed to know yet.

wait what

seriously? unfiction isn't talking about it so i'm skeptical

ASMR Yodeling
Nov 16, 2008

So tingly!
God bless the deleted tweet- the Woodward and Bernstein of our times.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

getitoffgetitoff posted:

do you think the slenderman has a slendercock

Pretty sure it is prehensile.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

bunky posted:

please don't be crude. a man is presumably dead. this is no place for slenderjokes.

yeah, rip

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just surprised that Slenderman has managed to stay slender all these years. Imagine the egg that these guys would have on their face if Slenderman showed up for taping one day and he'd packed on about 30 pounds...

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Rokstar posted:

I'm just surprised that Slenderman has managed to stay slender all these years. Imagine the egg that these guys would have on their face if Slenderman showed up for taping one day and he'd packed on about 30 pounds...

He's got an eating disorder.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Apparently they don't know what to do because the whole thing about [spoiler]Jay being dead/future Jay being the reason for the whole mess/Tim being the real villain and Alex the surprise hero[spoiler] (deleted tweet) has screwed up the surprise so they are thinking about releasing the last episodes only on DVD.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

IrvingWashington posted:

Apparently they don't know what to do because the whole thing about [spoiler]Jay being dead/future Jay being the reason for the whole mess/Tim being the real villain and Alex the surprise hero[spoiler] (deleted tweet) has screwed up the surprise so they are thinking about releasing the last episodes only on DVD.

What.

:tizzy:

If you are trolling sir, for a few brief moments you got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

E-Tank posted:

What.

:tizzy:

If you are trolling sir, for a few brief moments you got me.

Yeah none of that is true.

• Locked thread