Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

segoli posted:

If I had to hazard a guess, he'd probably say something like, "I'm looking for this guy named Tim; have you seen him around?"

I now picture Jay like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgmCdt4EgxU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

Beaumains posted:

Jay: The new Harry Mason. "Have you seen Tim? Black sideburns? Somewhere in his twenties?"

Press X to Jason Tim.

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

Necros posted:

No way that tall fucker fit in those tiny rear end tunnels.

See, here's the thing...

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?
COUGHCOUGHCOUGH.

Ahem. Excuse me for my completely coincidental and absolutely not plot-related coughing there. Now, about those documents...

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

MortonTheCranium posted:

Looks like BBC Radio did a broadcast covering Slenderman and has an interview with Troy.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nl671

"He is described as wearing a black suit and black hat..."

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semi-Normal
Oct 9, 2007

Sex is on, yeah?

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I keep encountering people who know about Slenderman entirely through hearsay but have no idea what he's called or any real specifics. I've heard folks talking about "slendermen" as if there were many or "a slender" again thinking it's the generic name of a type of monster.

I think the "Slender" nomanclature is because of the game. I think there are a lot of people who only know about Slenderman because of it. My 9-year-old son came home one day asking me about "The Slender," which took me a bit off guard, until he told me that his friends had been playing the game at school. He ended up watching videos of the game on Youtube and had nightmares and wouldn't go down the hall to brush his teeth by himself for a few nights. :doh:

It's interesting, because the myth has a resurgence with every subsequent type of media. It started off as images and stories, got a boost from the video series', and then again thanks to the game.

• Locked thread