Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
At some point I just ran out of enthusiasm to keep up with the series...

Although the OP seems to indicate I haven't missed anything terribly substantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

eating only apples posted:

Man, we've missed you :smith:

Other goons have monopolizing my attention. I'll spend some time catching up before I start posting stupid theories that have been rehashed a billion times in the last thread. Although, to be honest, I think I sputtered out due to too many stupid theories and ended up trolling myself.

I have probably forgotten all the spergy little details, too. As long as Slenderpig is still an important character and Jessica is still TTRB, I think I'll be ok.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

fullroundaction posted:

Currently uploading Marble Beerboyz - Beer #53 - Leinenkugel Sucks

I get naked in it as a publicity stunt. :nms:

In obvious conjunction with this incredible event, my season 2 dvd arrived today so I'll be catching up tonight.

I doubt I remember half the crap I need to, but let's see what happens.

E: And for the record, Leinies usually gives me a headache, but they have a few good seasonals.

Edit 2: Forgive me for this, but I honestly don't remember it coming up when this episode posted...why is the answer to "have you been in something I've seen?" blanked out in 28? (I probably posted on it and forgot...but it's wonderful watching creepy Jay again)

Pehther fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 23, 2012

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
Finally caught up (I actually wasn't that far behind, just the last three entries).

The real nagging question for me is why Alex sucked Jay in with the fake "Burn the tapes" story in the first place, as opposed to just doing what he did to Brian and Seth. Unless of course he told Tim the same thing in regards to the tapes Tim has.

And while I don't think Tim is aware of Masky, I think Masky is very much aware of Tim. It explains the events around 15 pretty well. Jay and Tim both seem to be guided subconsciously to find Alex. Maybe that's why Alex needs to wrap up all loose ends, because the people around him are compelled to find him and that's when bad things happen to Alex.

Also, excellent Beerboyz, even if I can't really enjoy Berry Weiss.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Oasx posted:

I don't think that was fake. Unless i am mistaken we don't know if Alex had anything to do with Brian and Seth disappearing, and while his recent actions are pretty bad, they also take place after Jay started watching the tapes, as opposed to burning them like Alex said, so if anything it's all Jay's fault.

I thought the point of 51 was that Alex was leading these people to sacrifice them to the Operator, unless we're still going with Jay being an unreliable narrator and misleading us.

Makes me think of 20, though, since Jay and Tim are the only people on the cast of Marble Hornets at that point.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Sony Vegas

We've come so far.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Haha...great...

I couldn't watch em, I'm not a movie guy

E: That was wonderfully campy.

Pehther fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 26, 2012

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Glandriel posted:

Great entry, favorite part has to be "Even better news! Guess what's battery powered!" then head bobs.

Vibrators!

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Tim: "I don't have a camera that can play them."
Jay: "Wait a minute, then how-"

He probably dropped it at a certain doctor's office.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Clarington Grey posted:

Does Tim know more than he's letting on, or is he just annoyed/weirded out by Jay and his camera?

That was a great ending. I wonder what happened after that. I'm also wondering where that moment fits in the chronology. Alex and Tim both appear to be acting normal, so is this an early Slender Man encounter, maybe their first?

Maybe this clip precedes Entry 1?

I still think the first encounters were outside, and that the encounters at Alex's/Brian's house were later.

E: Though seriously, it is within Alex's "character" to be paranoid enough to lend Tim a camera to double up after Seth failed in the gazebo scene.

Pehther fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 26, 2012

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
^ I think Alex was still unaware at this point. All the members still seem "normal", so I don't think there's too much going on. It's probably after Alex went looking for Slendy with his dog, but before Slendy showed up at his house and he started drawing crazy things compulsively.

I'm also going to mention that one of my biggest criticisms of the "Tim is TTA theory" was that we never saw Tim with a camera.

Welp.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Selenite posted:

One thing that's been bothering me. As Jay uploads the videos why does he never talk about the Operator who has been showing up in footage from tape one? Is he assuming that it's a prank or does he want to concentrate on the threats of Alex and the Maskys?

I think it just goes without saying. At first we thought he was just unwilling to admit, or even that he was oblivious to it, but as time goes on it just seems like it's pointless for him to point out the horrible supernatural thing that is evidenced on his tapes.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

EvilRobot posted:

Nah, it seems more like he feeds off the dead bodies Alex gives him. People do seem to get more paranoid the more they are stalked by The Operator, but emotionally they also tend to become a great deal more aggressive.

I also think there is a lot implied by the name "The Operator". Like, maybe it wasn't exactly Alex's choice to become a film student. It's been made pretty clear he didn't particularly have a natural affinity for it.

As if he'd been destined to make bad movies from childhood...

Have we got a consensus on when this entry took place? It seems pretty clear it's before the gazebo scene since he's not yelling at everyone yet. Maybe even before the Brian in the car scene?

Everyone just seems so chill and happy, so either Alex hasn't started noticing or he's just forgotten for the moment and has nothing to remind him.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Laddie Dog Legs posted:

Anyway, who's the guy in the white shirt at ~3:00? Is that Seth? It doesn't look like Brian to me.
(Maybe this is super obvious, but I didn't see anyone else mention it.)

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. It does appear to be Seth. Brian doesn't look exactly the same to me, either. Three years is a long time. :smith:

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

New totheark: "Decay" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhwO6wm76-U&feature=g-u-u&context=G251ee76FUAAAAAAAAAA

The binary translates to "killhim"

I like that TTA is still generic enough to apply to either Tim, Jay or Alex. Personal pronouns are awesome.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

pkticker posted:

Okay, that just creeped me out to no end, especially that white face appearing out of nowhere.

Most of those scenes were familiar (as if they were from earlier videos), but I didn't recognize the scene with the knife. Have we seen that before?

Yes, that's the one where Jay is going to meet Alex with Jessica, if I recall correctly. He's arming himself.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

So that kind of confirms TTA is hostile to Alex, and also not Alex.

Not sure why. 'This is your fault' and showing an image of Alex killing someone could be taken either way. Are we now after Alex to keep him from killing someone else? Or are we after Jay because he was who Alex thought the guy was?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
So before 51. Tim's having the same symptoms Jay has. I dunno, that's it?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Remember that these are tapes from the filming of Marble Hornets. These tapes take place before the series started.

So was 51?

E: This thread has fallen so far. :(

Pehther fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 10, 2012

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Recursive Expanse posted:

Actually, how long did Tim know Alex? Did they just meet for the film, are they from the same area?

If I remember entry 15 right, Tim was living next door to Brian, which was how he got involved in the film. Alex didn't live near them.

Of course, they might just not remember each other... :gonk:

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Docjowles posted:

As usual, I must ask, :wtc: These guys own.

Also Troy posted that they are on a quick break due to work but we can maybe expect something in the next week.

I have to sit through an ad for this?

I mean seriously, I spit up beer. What are we, first year Comedy Central? (I wish)

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

angerbutt posted:

This thread is terrible. Make a new one.

What would this "new thread" be like, and how would it be better than this one?

There isn't nearly as much :spergin: as there used to be. It's like we've forgotten our roots.

I miss Slenderpig. I hope he's ok. :ohdear:

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

IUG posted:

I've forgotten what this topic was called before the name it has now

Tony Inchpractice posted:

Marble Hornets 3 - Hello, Operator?

I prefer it too.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

Pretty sure they're culling GBS so that it's not just full of the same few megathreads popping up every day.

Is there a reason this thread is here and not in the TV or Movies Thread?

Also,

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=242

I think we had discussed it once...it isn't exactly a movie and it isn't TV, so it doesn't belong in those places.

P/C didn't exist when we had that discussion, though.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

CynCyanide posted:

If you'll recall, there don't have to be girls for people to get creepy. There was a fair bit of discussion about whether Jay, Tim, or Alex was the best looking in the season 1 thread.

Some pretty awesome art to that effect, too.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
Still a thing, good to know.

I did try to get caught up a few weeks back. :effort:

Jay's still Alex, right?

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008
^ Meh about VHS2.

So we're still nowhere? Literally? Sorry, I've been away a while.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

MeccaPrime posted:

Oh, ho hum, it'll just be another walk in the woods or something where they find another ta-:stare:

That was pretty good. The time warp in the basement was an unexpected twist for me. Good entry!

Been away a bit, but how long has Slendy been so...cut and pasted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

Nails posted:

Must be approaching the end times.

As long as I find out what happened to Alex's dog, I'll be happy.

• Locked thread