Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season 3 is starting already? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That entry seemed to be taken right out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., tense as gently caress.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Docjowles posted:

Kind of hilarious how everyone except Marble Hornets seems to have a connection to Jersey.
That's because they're the only ones who know what they are doing :ssh:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hugh Malone posted:

PewDiePie has both on his channel.

Here's the first game, part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZMBG4Pn3Sg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How many rape jokes are in this video?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus it's June and this never really progressed.

The fact that this is a free show made by busy people doesn't stick when they actually went through a lot of effort and made a lot of videos that were nothing but circular trite.

Pick up the pace!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kilogram posted:

I think doing something like this could work pretty well. Grave Encounters 2 did and I'd say that was fairly decent. But then again The Human Centipede 2 did something similar as well and it was poo poo so who knows.

E: I think it would be a nice way to draw in the established fanbase too.

Both Human Centipedes and extremely well done. Shut your mouth.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WHy the gently caress would you buy the loving slenderman game it is worse than loving Modern warfare: Ghosts.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

phenom64 posted:

Well there was a Tribe Twelve video featuring HABIT. And according that was only the first part. The TT twitter is saying that part 2 should be out very soon.

It's hilarious how you registered in 2012 and literally all you do is make posts about loving slenderman and never ending :words: about lovely Z grade scary tall man youtube videos no one cares about.

Are you the autist guy from Tribe Twelve or are you one of the guys from that other lovely series that make 2 eppisodes per year? I'm honestly asking because if you're not a milder version of a bitcoin promoter you're a fanatic for bad videos.

Good Marble Hornets video though. It's good to see something other than forest walking for half an hour.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Planet Piss posted:

No one's arguing they aren't successful, just that we didn't expect the series to peter out like this

The third act is the most important to be paced well, and this isn't

Imagine if the third part of The Hobbit is the dwarves wondering around lost in the woods for 2 hours, followed by one hour of talking to other dwarves about not knowing where they are and not remembering anything and then 2 more hours of wood travelling.

Sometimes the dragon shows up and just stands there for a few seconds before leaving to the delight of goons.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and then Peter Jackson himself comes and says "yeah i know i kinda screwed up and we're having a few troubles and we have no problem with the criticism" and goons throw him off a cliff while continuing to berate you.

and then some dude who registered to make a slendermen thread about tribetwelve and literally only posts in the slendermen thread posts about some other webseries where a bunch of teenagers are being followed by a well dressed man.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volume posted:

Actually it makes perfect sense. They are very skilled behind the camera. A lot of the great moments in season one is the shots. They're creepy, they're planned, they're unique.

Remember that Entry where Alex is leaning on a wall talking about how every one is gone? That shadow hand just comes out of the wall and it made the entry. They said it right there, they were making entry's based on cool shots that they can do.

Once they started writing and plotting, the series tanked. They are talented with a camera but not with story.

totheark shows that they can make really good "creepy" vids with some kind of plot.

I wouldn't blame them for wanting something more "deep" for their story, you can only go so far with "found this scary video".

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think i'll regret asking, but just how many slenderman youtube series have been made? Not talking about on-going or complete, i'm talking overall.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

phenom64 runs that website doesn't he?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Yeah none of that is true.

that's what you want us to think

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Guilty posted:

Maybe they've learned from Marble Hornets and the next series will be planned and well-structured from the start.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Fox News: delivering stories that hit harder than a Uwe Boll right hook.
You know what.

You're alright.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Piss-Ant posted:

This thread was really the only reason I found myself coming to SA lately.

lol

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey that's great marble hortets is finished please lock this thread and let's never talk about sledernman again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so are all the thousand of youtube pages that tried to emulate marble hornets still trying to run their own shows or have they all given up?

• Locked thread