Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
OP forgot to mention Sarah in the character list. She's only slightly more irrelevant than Seth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I Just realized, Enttry #37 has the Happy Birthday Song in it. Since Season 2 is being sold for money, can't they be sued?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Jay should think about checking into that clinic. I think some time with a shrink would do them all some good.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I think it's weird that Tim didn't seem offended or weirded out or anything when Jay just bluntly asked him about his mental health. Like, seriously, there are so many better ways to ask that, Jay.

I still think Jay shouldn't have just waited around the clinic like the stalker he is. He should have made himself an appointment.

Also, what do you think Tim meant by the "personal problems" he had a few months ago?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I watched the S2 commentary the other day, and was quite surprised that the "condemned people were stretched on trees" story wasn't intended to be an origin story. I mean, I personally don't WANT there to be an origin story for The Operator, but if they really did just want Alex to tell Jay a spooky story for the hell of it, they really could have used a story that doesn't involve people having their limbs stretched by a magical forest or children dismembered and hung from trees, which IIRC is straight out of one of the original Victor Surge Slenderman stories.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
This is most likely a complete coincidence, but in Entry 52, you know how the Operator lifts up his arms right before Jay either charges him or gets sucked into him?

That reminded me of this:

Victor Surge posted:

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

Again, it was PROBABLY nothing but a way to make us say "oh poo poo The Operator actually changed his position for the 1st time in Season 2," but I still like how it reminded me of the 1st ever Slenderman related thing.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Docjowles posted:

* Given the above.. was this whole thing before Alex was conscious of the Operator? Or is he the coldest motherfucker ever, playing lovely drum loops on his $10 keyboard while he plots their demise :ohdear:

I thought there was a time when Alex was aware of the Operator, but not yet under his control(?) and trying to feed the crew to him. I mean, Alex can just be occasionally oblivious to Slendy just like everyone else, especially if this is before the madness/sickness started to really set in.

I really liked this entry, but I was a bit disappointed that there were no shots of Slendy chilling in the corner while the drumbeat was jamming. I mean, I guess the idea was to show that silly drumbeats have no place within the Operator's Aura of Electronics-Jamming Evil. As displayed at the end when the beat turns to static as his shadow flicks by.
Wait, was that just audio distortion or was he screwing with the keyboard for real and nobody in the room noticed?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Eggnogium posted:

If you can't get it from those gifs I dunno if you'll ever see it. The first one is really obvious and I was shocked people missed it in the video. The last one is hard to catch in realtime and just looks like a flicker, but in that gif it is very obviously a slenderleg sweeping quickly into the room.

Yeah, I looked at the gif and I just see some vague shadow I don't see what the big deal i—

*looks at gif frame by frame*

:stare:
:cry:

Oh.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

robodex posted:

I noticed this as well when I watched it last night, although I thought I was just somehow not seeing anything since there wasn't any sort of screen tearing or anything.

There isn't always screen tearing or distortion. Especially in Season 1, which had many more Where's Waldo moments than Season 2. Of course there's always Entry 30 where Slendy's silhouette is supposedly standing right next to Jessica, but even knowing that I STILL can't see it. Anyone who can see him there care to circle him in a picture?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

JordanKai posted:

I think that when I first watched the entry, I just drowned out the heavy clanking of the picking up and dropping as the 'stick' scraping across some metal stuff.

I also just realized, if Alex knocked out Tim while he was peeing, Tim must have landed dong-first into all of the shards on the ground. :ohdear:

Maybe this is why Tim became Masky. He wants revenge on Alex for ruining his dick.

Also, last night I was thinking, you know how in the Season 2 DVD commentary they say how that abandoned building is most likely full of asbestos and god knows how many carcinogens, meanwhile they're rolling around the flood? What if Slendy doesn't actually make people cough, and everyone just has lung cancer?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

That drat Satyr posted:

All that footage looked pretty vintage. I wonder if it's vintage found footage from that school/asylum/whatever it was, when it was actively in use.

Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful. :v:

I'd really like to know where they get their vintage movie footage from. Do film students have to watch dozens of old films so they can recall specific ones to use in the event they need some public domain film reels to use in a project? Or do they just look through archives till they see something suitable?

Also, which databases would those be?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Just to confirm this, Tim is the liar here because he told Jay that Alex started this whole thing, where in fact Slendy has been stalking him since childhood too? I can only assume that Jay has been a person of interest to Slendy as well, as with Jessica and maybe even Brian.

Not Amy or Seth though. Nobody cares about them.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

pill for your ills posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBNQZvOkSCw

Entry #4. Be-lieve it or not, he's walking around...

Don't forget Entry 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lxsMHeOGjE

Also, there's the end of Entry 26, where Slendy raises his arms as he sucks Jay into himself, or whatever the hell is supposed to be going on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jlbdYFY79M

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What was the deal with the eyeholes of Tim's mask being solid white? Is that an effect from the night vision? I felt it kind of made him look like Batman/anyone in a comic or cartoon whose eyes are opaque white when they wear a mask.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Hey, does anyone know anything about this alleged Slender Man movie Entity? I don't seem to recall any mention of it in this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3XVTbZzQqk

I know nothing about it other than it exists, and imdb only has anything about some unrelated movie from this year. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1842356/

Also, this is separate from that other upcoming movie that appears to be...."borrowing"....from the Slender Man Mythos/Marble Hornets, whose name escapes me at the moment. The one that's about some ancient folk demon or god that appears when his symbol is viewed or reproduced (and in this one it's not the Operator symbol). Does anyone remember the name of this one?

edit: Okay the wikipedia facebook page had a link to the IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2293218/

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 3, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Yeah, that's the one. Now, which one looks worse? I'd say Entity just because of that godawful clawed monster hand we see. Why the hell does Slendy have hands like that?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah, actually I think I was being too harsh on Sinister. I saw Insidious a while ago and thought it was cheesy and not terribly scary, but overall entertaining. This looks like it might be better. Though all the kids in the "zombie kids watching the film reel" scene look like the I Like Turtles Kid (or Jay slumped on the wall in Return).

Entity still looks dumb just because of the stupid loving monster hands, but like others have said, I'll see it because Slenderman. Still can't tell though, is Entity going to be a full release film that gets advertised on TV and stuff? It doesn't have a Wikipedia page (ignore my earlier mention of it, I meant Facebook page).

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 3, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Oh god, that part right around the 2:00 mark, with Tim screaming in the red light, :ohdear:.

What if Tim has been at least partially enthralled and just wants to feed Jay to Slendy like what Alex did to Brain (and Seth if the spooky basement in Season 1 they can't film at anymore has been retconned to just be the basement of the hospital)? I don't think Tim is a bad person who would betray Jay like Alex did, but he might try to kill Jay reluctantly, like if Slendy was coercing him or something.

Also, do we know what kind of pills those are? Like, painkillers, or maybe some kind of antipsychotic?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Jersey Mike posted:

Alex didn't realize that our favorite supernatural tall guy was exactly that. That was possibly the first encounter he had with the Operator.

He clearly didn't look like a human, or anything that you wouldn't run the gently caress away from after staring at it for a few seconds. Could Slendy have been using some kind of glamour effect to appear to be a normal bald businessman who just happened to be standing in the woods for no reason? That's what I always assumed. Slendy is able to suppress his camera-loving aura and mask his presence to observers, i.e. the time the guys were doing screen tests in front of the window as slendy is RIGHT OUTSIDE staring at them, and nobody notices he's there. Of course, he hasn't acted this subtle since Season 1, and it wouldn't be entirely impossible or stupid to give some in-story reason for why he stopped acting this way.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

muike posted:

The first thing I do when I see something weird as hell IRL is wonder if it might be a cryptid, perhaps a bigfoot, or something escape from Area 52, the Evil version of Area 51, and run the gently caress away instead of assuming it's something normal and real.

What I'm saying is that if john slenderman were real and you saw him briefly you'd probably just assume it was a bald, Irish, Yao Ming

Are you referencing that video Proxy: A Slenderman Story? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVGhsFqRN74)

I think it's kind of meh, and always get annoyed when Slenderman's head is all wrinkly. It makes him look like those Silence aliens on Dr. Who, not that I watch Dr. Who.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
drat I hadn't noticed that Entry 1 had over 3 million views. I remember it took quite a while to get to 1 million could someone remind me roughly when that happened? Youtube statistics doesn't put nearly enough date marks on the views graph, so I can't tell.

That the spike towards the end is from this summer when Slender game out, I assume?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I'm not sure if any of you have seen this yet but...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/slenderbone-gregor-daniels/1113284145
:froggonk:

e: but then again this is the rest of the author's books, so whatever: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/gregor-daniels

here's a reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ZmSwVWp6M

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 1, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

notlupus posted:

I want a signed copy of "Penis Swap" to give as a Christmas gift. How can I make this happen?

Unfortunately it seems to be E-book only, so you you'd have to have him sign a printout. I am also disappointed it's not a real book, or I'd totally get copies for my friends.

edit:

Wonderful! Because we all know that if there's two things that really make Marble Hornets amazing, they're the strength of the plot and the writing.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 2, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Okay so now how would we track a video of this segment down? I googled "'sesame street' slenderman" and got nothing so it doesn't seem like this is widely known about outside you, and all the highly traumatized children. Would Sesame Street put it on Youtube or their own site?

Of course it's still less traumatizing that if they were watching Candle Cove.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Anybody here follow that indie movie Entity? https://twitter.com/EntityMovie
I follow them because it looks like an alright movie, and frankly I feel kind of bad that they don't have too much recognition. They just released this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO_9uty1vVM

Just decided to bring them up because we haven't seemed to talk about them in a while.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Dogbutt posted:

Slenderman has gone too far.

It's simple. We need to kill the Slenderman.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Docjowles posted:

Top secret preview of the next entry :ssh: not really

How is one supposed to read this message? I can interpret it as a suggestion to get intoxicated women, presumably for sex. Hence the punctuation-free "get drunk bitches." But it can also be read assuming a comma was omitted, as "get drunk, bitches", in which was just a general suggestion to get drunk and the "bitches" are whoever is reading the graffiti at the time.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

muike posted:

shut up

Sorry. I was just trying to phrase it in such a way that that someone couldn't just say "yes."

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Um, for something not related to the puzzle aspect of the video, could someone circle where Hoody is in the background? I can't find him (or her).

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Docjowles posted:

This one is lovely. But if you screw with your monitor brightness you may be able to see Skimasky's face in the TV.

So Hoody is a gray alien?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wow, can you crunch on glass and debris any louder? I'm glad some of you could feel any tension in that scene but it felt like a stealth video game where for gameplay sake enemies have to be half deaf and have no peripheral vision.

I think it's interesting that Tim used to be committed at that hospital though. I'm surprised I hadn't though of that before.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

CynCyanide posted:

Where the hell is Jay getting money?
I've always been partial to the theory that he's extremely rich, and either inherited it all from dead parents, or is largely estranged from them and occasionally calls them to wire him money.

But I'm starting to like the gigolo explanation as well. Maybe both are true.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Bad Munki posted:

The Helvetica Scenario is one of my absolute favorite things. It's completely right out of left field and creepy as poo poo but absurdly hilarious at the same time.

I'm American and had never heard of Look Around You, and for the first 6 minutes I was skipping forward and only half paying attention to the video so I didn't realize it was not a real educational movie, and the Helvetica Scenario thing freaked me the gently caress out :cry:.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

escape artist posted:

Okay, thanks for being gentle, it's my first time. I'll give it a shot, what the hell?

Oh wait, if you're going to watch Marble Hornets, while you don't HAVE to, you should probably also watch the entriesToTheArk videos, even though they're mostly just nonsense. Here's a playlist that puts them all in order of release: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCACDEE1E71FC8E5E

Basically ToTheArk is another Youtube channel who posts mysterious bullshit relating to the plot and characters to help/warn/annoy the main character, and occasionally hacks the main MarbleHornets account and puts up a video (which is evident when the videos have comments open).

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 15, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I was rewatching Entry 72 and just noticed how at 12:03 Slendy turns his head to look at Tim. :gonk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FITooL9WegA

Also,which Series has a 14 year old girl tackling Slendy, and can I get a link to that video?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

fullroundaction posted:

I don't see it. Is it just the distortion making it look that way or do you think he's actually moving?

It's sort of between 12:03 and 12:05, you can see the shadows cast by his vestigial nose and eyesocksts move as if turning his attention from Jay to Tim.

And that slenderblog with the girl sounds hilariously awful. Can I still get a link though?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
They should do some Parent Trap/Eddie Murphy movie style editing to get the Nature Break guy and Jay in the same frame. Maybe passing one another in the parking lot outside the hiking trails at Rosswood.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why doesn't Jay just get a loving gun? They're in Alabama, it's not like it's hard to get one.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
New headcanon The Operator is so skinny due to tapeworms he got from eating Doobie's hotdogs. He then just travelled 5 years into the past to warn people not to fund that moron's business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Being the subject of a (failed, thankfully) ritual murder means Slenderman is officially a legit urban legend.

I really, really hope this sparks a national debate about Slenderman control, and assault slendermen, and slenderman licences.

• Locked thread