Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Found it sitting in the mailbox waiting for me when I got off work. Watching it now. Totally not sleeping tonight :gonk:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
After the ending of Season 2, I have three ideas on Tim's motives:
1) Altruistic: He may be faking amnesia (or not, it is kind of a thing) but he might want Jay to have his tapes so that he might understand exactly what they're up against.

2) Selfish: He was in competition with Alex for sacrifices to The Operator, and wants to lure Jay in so that he can get the high score.

3) Neutral: He honestly can't remember his time spent as Masky, and just wants to unload a box of junk on a guy he barely knows so he can make room for more presents.

Either or, I've been waiting for Tim's tapes since season 1 so I'm pretty stoked on this season all ready.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Angela Christine posted:

It seems very early. In Tim's apartment no one is coughing, everyone looks healthy, no one is chugging water or taking pills, and Brian exists.

But if it is so early, why is Slendy in Tim's apartment?

It would lend credence to the whole "Alex's Birthday is not doctored" theory that The Operator has been stalking Alex all his life. He just didn't notice because he can only really recall the encounters when they are filmed, and he didn't really use a video camera much until he became a film student.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

BlindSite posted:

Part of me kind of wonders if its one of those "he feeds off fear" type deals like paranormal activity.

Nah, it seems more like he feeds off the dead bodies Alex gives him. People do seem to get more paranoid the more they are stalked by The Operator, but emotionally they also tend to become a great deal more aggressive.

I also think there is a lot implied by the name "The Operator". Like, maybe it wasn't exactly Alex's choice to become a film student. It's been made pretty clear he didn't particularly have a natural affinity for it.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

JordanKai posted:

I can't help but find it super disturbing that Tim, a guy who has sought help from mental hospitals multiple times in the past, knows the location of a burned-down mental hospital. :stare:

Did he say it was a mental hospital? Because if he did, that's probably a pretty important plot point.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

DarklyDreaming posted:

So were we supposed to believe that if the camera didn't break down from slenderness we would have witnessed the creation of Masky?

For all we know, Tim all ready was Masky at this point. He took Alex here, not vice versa.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

JordanKai posted:

I wonder if they're going to pull an Entry 52 and reveal that Tim has been reading the Marble Hornets twitter all along. :v:

That would actually make sense. I can't see a young man in this day and age not knowing what Twitter is and not thinking "This weirdo I used to know is kinda stalking me, maybe I should google some stuff and see if anything turns up."

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Y'know, the more I think about it, the way Tim and Jay are acting really doesn't make sense. Unless it's going to be a major plot point that Tim and Masky are two completely separate personalities, and Jay's memory loss is so severe he barely even remembers entries that he's posted, why didn't Jay just come out an say "Hey, thanks for saving Jessica and I from Alex, but I have no idea what happened to Jessica now. Do you have any clues?"

We know Tim/Masky is at least one of the people who post videos as TTA, and we know TTA knows what Jay is up to on Youtube, so it should follow suit he knows about the Twitter account, thus why wouldn't Tim also know? Hell, it would make perfect sense that the "See You Soon" posted on the last video was just Tim's creepface way of saying "Yeah, I know you're probably going to call me about that abandoned school thingy, so I'll see ya in a few."

I feel like in the next entry or two the subject of them both knowing why they're doing any of this has got to come up.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

big mean giraffe posted:

Well he's not entirely sure what's going on still and exactly who's side Tim is on, or what Tim knows/remembers, so I can see him avoiding the topic.

"Hey, remember that time Alex and I broke your leg with a big fuckoff rock and I hit you in the head with a mag light?"

For the record, I wasn't really bitching so much as I was wondering what the hell was going on. It'd be entirely believable story wise if Jay and Tim really don't remember much past the last couple of days at a time. If I couldn't remember getting my leg broken by a rock yet knew my leg was hosed up I'd probably call a shrink, too.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
There was really a second there where I was almost positive Tim was going to go all "Knock off the bullshit, Jay. I know why you wanted to come here."

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

systane posted:

did anyone else get the vibe that Tim just tried to kill Jay? He took him to where Alex attacked him and seemed pretty pissed off that Jay didn't check out the building

I figured it was either that or turn Jay in to another Masky, and was super pissed when he wanted to go explore the "Alex" side of the campus instead.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
This was the best way this could have gone, and I'm glad Tim punched Jay. He had it coming. This season is awesome.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Account Username posted:

Tim didn't mention the TTA responses when he did his search. I wonder if he found those and what is his reaction to the latest one.

So many questions. I'd ask him but I don't want to be punched in the face by some coughing dude.

It would be somewhat logical to conclude that watching the Youtube channel caused him to relapse and he's now in a period of memory loss.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I kinda feel like the Tim as patient zero theory is being furthered here, all though it's not out of the question that Alex was also "stalked since birth" or whatever and them meeting caused this whole thing to spin out of control.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

precision posted:

So... Tim burned the hospital down because he's a crazy person and Slenderman was, I dunno, a doctor caught in the fire and had his face burned beyond recognition? Something like that?

I'm trying to figure out how in the world this series can wrap up while actually reconciling all the conflicting events and I'm not sure it can. If Tim started everything, and is a liar, and etc., why is he Masky? Why does he seem to be trying to protect Jay sometimes? Etc.

I don't know how many episodes they have planned left but it can't be too many (judging by the length of the first two seasons) and I'll be more than a little :eyeroll: if it cops out with no "real answers".

This entry was great, mind you, but I'm also debating just pretending the series ended with Season 2 if they're gonna pull an :iiam: ending.

edit: Like, how the world does Alex's birthday footage even enter into it now? Or Alex in general, who seems to have been sidelined after being shown to be literally offering up homeless people to the Slender God?

I believe it's been stated that the whole reason for Season 3 is to provide real answers. They didn't want it to end with a cop out but couldn't fit everything in to two seasons.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Season 3 huge reveal: Skimasky is Brian's dog.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

A_Raving_Loon posted:

So what will Tim think if he sees that Jay just showed the internet his old medical records?

Tim has all ready forgotten about the Youtube channel and is wondering why his hand hurts.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Maybe the buildup to the Tim/Jay team up wherein they take on Slendy head on, with Skimasky as the deus ex that finally allows them to end this terrible cycle.

Or they all die. Whichever.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Marble Hornets should end with Tim and Jay driving off a cliff Thelma and Louise style.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
Seriously, yeah Jay just go ahead and go back the the park you know is haunted as gently caress with the dude who blacks out and tries to kill you. Nothing can possibly go wrong there. Maybe you'll run in to Alex and then you can all run around smacking each other with rocks and lovely pocket knives.

I've never wanted an ambiguous supernatural entity to kill so many people in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
It was a good entry but I really wish Tim had snatched ski-masky when he had the chance. Hoping the tape they found means another entry is right around the corner.

• Locked thread