Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Marble Hornets 3: The Search For Tim.

Stop smoking Tim, it's really bad for you :mad:.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad it's back and I'm glad that an actual event took place in the first entry of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I am so disappointed, we're onto page 10 in this thread and Beowulf LeGrange hasn't updated us on his inability to sleep tonight. Did he get banned? Did the Operator eat him? Did he finally get to sleep?

I like and appreciate the increased use of twitter this season, it helps fill in the gaps between entries and keep interest up. I think a lot of people felt like nothing at all happened in season 2 because Jay never emphasized that he was moving from hotel to hotel. Which brings up the question of where Jay is finding the money for these hotels. He doesn't seem to have a job, is he just bleeding a bank account dry?

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Jay may be the most awkward person alive. "Uh, why am I filming you? Uh, I don't know, am I doing special features? Yeah, that sounds good, I'll just point my camera at this plastic bag here, you know, for the making of documentary."

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Len posted:

Season 3 just started. Give it an entry or two and people with start posting all sorts of dumb poo poo. Hopefully there won't be any girls for there to be creepy poo poo over.

If you'll recall, there don't have to be girls for people to get creepy. There was a fair bit of discussion about whether Jay, Tim, or Alex was the best looking in the season 1 thread.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Farmyard Agency posted:

What the gently caress were those lights flashing next to Tim when he was resting under the tree? When he gets up you can see that there's nothing there except grass. There were also a few instances of little specks of light flashing while he was walking in the building he found Alex in.

I just assumed they were fireflies or something.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Oh dear, I feel a bit motion sick after that entry. Still, it was a good entry. Things happened, they're going to do a thing (although I wish Jay would ask "why?" or "what?" and keep pressing for an answer rather than just "Okay, let's go!") and Tim is still really good at having horrifying looking seizures..

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I hate ciphers, I'm terrible at ciphers, and every drat ARG, online series, and Slenderman thing uses ciphers. If ToTheArk mailed Jay a jigsaw puzzle, sure, I'd be all over that. If ToTheArk made a hidden object game where you search for tapes and operator symbols, I would play it. Here's an original one, ToTheArk could send Jay a crochet pattern that, when completed, spells out whatever message he was trying to get across. Crossword puzzles, word searches, word scrambles, anything but endless ciphers.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I don't know why it bugs me so much, but they mention Tim's job repeatedly. Where the hell is Jay getting money? He hops from hotel to hotel, he pays for gas, I assume he eats, none of this is free (unless Jay is just stealing gas and sneaking into hotel rooms). Is he a gigolo? Drug dealer? Does he telecommute to some job we don't know about in between blackouts and tramping around abandoned buildings? It seems like he's not in college anymore, so I he could be spending all of his tuition money on living on the road. Doesn't anyone miss Jay?

Tim has a life, he's talked about it, we've seen bits of it. Alex had a life, he had a home and a girlfriend and we can assume he did things. But Jay has always been a complete non-entity. He had a life when they were filming the lovely student film, he was a student, but since then Jay has been constantly on the move, can't remember long chunks of time, and exists only as a camera. What is Jay?

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Unfortunately it's literally coin, so he's been paying for hotel rooms entirely in nickels.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
I feel like those water bottles were a deliberate callback to season 1 and that closet. Was Skimasky the one camping out in there?

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Jack Gladney posted:

Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight :gonk:

:sigh: Whatever happened to Beowulf LeGrange? I really wanted to know if he ever got to sleep.

Hugh Malone posted:

Just wanna remind everyone that tta taped Jay getting extra tape outta the mustang in s1. Everyone in thread please give the whole series a rematch. It's simpler than u think :-)

I attempted to give the series a rematch, but when I challenged it to a game of table tennis it failed to respond in any way.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Pope Mobile posted:

Jay and Tim will have found a number of clues over the next several entries that lead them to one location to find their answers. Upon arrival, they find Skimasky and Alex fighting. Alex shouts "You can't stop me, man!" to which Skimasky responds by pulling off their mask and saying "I am no man!" It was Jessica all along!

In the Swedish translation, Seth will kill Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
Tim left a note taped to the camera: if found, please post to youtube username: MarbleHornets password:Wh3r3izAl3x?

CynCyanide fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 16, 2014

• Locked thread