Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

God can do anything if He really wants a child to be born, except get around a thin latex tube

God has a plan to stymie that latex tube.

His plan being to spread misinformation on the efficacy of condoms so catholics are more likely to just rely on pulling out in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

VitalSigns posted:

E: Maybe that can be the way to allow it in. Just say "I'm open to having a kid, if it gets through my vasectomy, her birth control, RU-486, and the abortion clinic then it's meant to be and I'm open to it"

Your kid is going to be the meanest motherfucker ever to stalk this globe if he fights off the abortion doc.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FAUXTON posted:

Your kid is going to be the meanest motherfucker ever to stalk this globe if he fights off the abortion doc.

"Oooh, Snake, tell 'em how you got that scar!" :allears:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Subjunctive posted:

"Oooh, Snake, tell 'em how you got that scar!" :allears:

Excellent, Snake. Lack of age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
*Snake exfiltrates out of the Mother Base*

Kept ya waiting, huh :clint:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You became a demon for such little weapons as that?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bad news Obummer

quote:

“Our country has changed so much, and we’ve seen the moral decline — and that moral decline being led by the Obama administration, and championing things like same-sex marriage, which is really defiance against God,” Graham said. “Same-sex marriage is a sin against God. God made us male and female.” “And then to say that marriage is between two men or two women, this is sin and the Obama administration is celebrating sin and they are pushing sin,” he continued. While Graham said that he wasn’t trying to bash gays and lesbians, he said that he wanted to let them know that their actions — in his eyes — are not in line with God’s purpose for their lives.

As far as I know, his father wasn't close to the level of rear end in a top hat Franklin is.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Funny, my God says the opposite of all that. I wonder whose religion is correct. If only there was some document describing which religion the state should establish. Oh well.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Considering it still wasn't paid for after years maybe the repomen just made sure to get it ahead of the formal removal?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Come the gently caress on

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
WTF really? I didn't expect the Obama to take a position to the right of Hillary on an LGBT issue, that's not a place you want to be.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did someone hide the defunding of Planned Parenthood in this thing? What on earth is his justification in this day and age?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
"I’m not prepared to say that yet,” [White House Press Secretary Josh] Earnest said. “This is a piece of legislation that the White House does continue to review. There’s significant consequences to this bill going into effect. It has an impact on housing law and a variety of other policies in the federal government, so it’s something that’s still being carefully reviewed by the administration.”
full article

Summary of the Act
Text of the Act

VVVV
Clinton and Biden already have endorsed; that's why the press sec. got asked.
Sanders is one of the cosponsors of the Senate bill.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 6, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Hillary/Sanders want to make smart move, support the Act and contrast yourself

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can't blame them for going over it with a fine-toothed comb if it's been across the desk of any House Republicans, but the fact that Obama has been extremely lukewarm on actual displays of support for socially liberal issues like LGBT rights, pot, etc means I'm still rolling my eyes a bit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

From the related washington blade article.

quote:

The White House’s delay in endorsing the Equality Act is consistent with the hesitation seen from major non-LGBT civil rights groups on the bill. The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People have to yet to endorse the bill. LCCHR has expressed concern about opening up the Civil Rights Act to amendments in Congress out of fear that could weaken the entire law.

No Republicans are co-sponsors of the Equality Act in either the House or the Senate. Each of the 170 co-sponsors in the House and the 39 co-sponsors in the Senate are Democrats.

And here's a much longer run-down of a bunch of major and minor civil rights groups, and their reasons for feeling as they do about the Equality Act:

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2015/07/29/will-civil-rights-groups-come-to-support-equality-act/

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Epic High Five posted:

I can't blame them for going over it with a fine-toothed comb if it's been across the desk of any House Republicans, but the fact that Obama has been extremely lukewarm on actual displays of support for socially liberal issues like LGBT rights, pot, etc means I'm still rolling my eyes a bit.
People forget that Obama had to be browbeaten into supporting gay marriage, after waffling on it for the first year or so he was in office. Which is sad because back when he was in the Illinois legislature he openly supported gay rights, but had to tone that down for Senate and then the Presidential race.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Epic High Five posted:

:what:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Care to elaborate? Single emoticon replies don't say much, which is why people get probated for them.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I can't blame them for going over it with a fine-toothed comb if it's been across the desk of any House Republicans

It's a bill whose language no republican is involved in drafting. Also, it's not like congressional pages take one, singular paper copy of a bill office-to-office (or committee-to-committee) at the capitol, and everybody gets a chance to add/remove/line-item whatever they want.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Booourns posted:

Care to elaborate? Single emoticon replies don't say much, which is why people get probated for them.

"Browbeaten" in this case means "having Joe Biden spoil it two days before it was to be officially announced".

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Do It Once Right posted:

It's a bill whose language no republican is involved in drafting. Also, it's not like congressional pages take one, singular paper copy of a bill office-to-office (or committee-to-committee) at the capitol, and everybody gets a chance to add/remove/line-item whatever they want.

Not like congressional pages do anything now. :smith:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Do It Once Right posted:

Basically, there's trepidation of even considering opening up the CRA for any amendments.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:iiaca:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Don't let those creepy car fetishists see this.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man, the Putt-Putt games got dark.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alkydere posted:

Man, the Putt-Putt games got dark.

Bigotry has that effect.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I forgot the cover

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

And I see that car is some kind of subtle '80s gay stereotype

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
'Lock Wolverton'?

That guy is totally gay.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Gaydar more like Gay Car

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

FlamingLiberal posted:

And I see that car is some kind of subtle '80s gay stereotype

It's not that subtle.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Ha ha, look at those fuckers dying from an incurable disease, not like us!

Love thine neighbour as yourself, everybody. :suicide:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I will jealously guard my car's sexuality like a Southern dad. How do I get a purity ring around a tire?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

I will jealously guard my car's sexuality like a Southern dad. How do I get a purity ring around a tire?

Put it around the exhaust pipe instead. :getin:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Buddy, that ain't where purity rings go.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
May this Purity Cockring ensure your blessed penis never touches an evil vagina.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is oil really dripping out of that car's tailpipe from too much gay x?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Condiv posted:

is oil really dripping out of that car's tailpipe from too much gay x?

All he needs is an engine rebuild. Lazy doctor.

• Locked thread