Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Early results in from NC:

http://www.wral.com/news/political/page/10991843/

If you're reading this around the time I post it, know that a lot of those "yes" counties are some of the most populous conservative-leaning counties (Rowan, Iredale, Johnston), and while Mecklenburg (Charlotte) is in, Wake (Raleigh) and Durham are not.

Watch Cabarrus, Union, and Gaston. Are all major suburbs of Charlotte and turnout there will matter, though it's likely the churches are much more mobilized there than the anti-A1 forces.

Wow, I'm watching the lead move back and forth all over the place in real-time right now.

EDIT: a bunch of stuff in the east just came in. Those are areas that are usually blue, but due to lots of black, socially conservative voters in smaller cities like Wilson and Rocky Mount. Looks like they're going in favor of A1, which has given "Yes" a 35,000 vote lead :(

De Nomolos fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Well, it looks like Wake went to the "NO" side by a lot. :toot:

My home county, however, is 80-20 "YES." :suicide:

Charlotte/Meck is still out. I'm seeing less than 5% in.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

OneEightHundred posted:

e: Nevermind, I can't read.

How do they have results for counties with 0% reporting?

If you're putting your faith in an electorate that re-elected Jesse Helms for 30 years straight, you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.
vvvvvvvv

I mean, I'm inclined to agree since I'm pissed right now, but this is also a state that saw through his type of bullshit from time to time and voted for relatively progressive, pro-education governors. NC was actually one of the states that embraced integration the most in the south.

Still, if CA can't get it right, why should we?

Oh well, I live out of state now, so gently caress it.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Btw, NC banned all forms of civil union today. The only valid union is marriage between and man and woman.

I haven't quite figured out what this means if my wife and I moved to NC to be closer to my family (we have a civil union in California).

• Locked thread