Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox News is going off on "what if 3 people want to get married"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Russell Moore ‏@drmoore 2m2 minutes ago

On the wrong side of history? We started on the wrong side of history—a Roman Empire and a cross. Rome’s dead and Jesus is fine.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Brian Brown, Leader of National Organization of Marriage

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 26, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

bpower posted:

A random bigot?

Brian Brown

Head of National Org of Marriage

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Morter posted:

Spoil it for me, i don't get it :saddowns:

Brian Brown

Head of National Organization of Marriage

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tony Perkins is going to be on CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ultramiraculous posted:

Apparently the Family Research Council is comparing this to 9/11? Trying to find a source.

American Family Association

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

I thought this was an older photo from a previous court decision?

Oh drat, I was hoping it was from today

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It is a short video but Frannklin Graham posted a response in which he is saying this will be the demise and end of America

https://vimeo.com/131887721

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Video of crowd reaction when the announcement was made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsxHr2Ezvzo

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

OH YES

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/26/ny-gov-orders-wtc-tower-lit-to-honor-same-sex-marriage-decision/

quote:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordered the spire of One World Trade Center to be lit in the rainbow colors associated with the gay movement, following the Supreme Court's ruling that same-sex couples have a right to marry.

"New York has been a leader in the fight for marriage equality, and today's Supreme Court decision affirms what we have fought so hard for - that marriage is a fundamental right that should be afforded to everyone, regardless of whom they love," Cuomo said in a statement.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This won't last

BREAKING: Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood: Gay marriages cannot take place immediately in state.

https://twitter.com/AP

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Alliance Defending Freedom held a press conference on steps of the SC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEnQqqUjWI

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Robert is really whiny

quote:

Indeed, however heartened the proponents of same-sex marriage might be on this day, it is worth acknowledging what they have lost, and lost forever: the opportunity to win the true acceptance that comes from persuading their fellow citizens of the justice of their cause," Roberts wrote in his dissent. "And they lose this just when the winds of change were freshening at their backs."
/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

But in the idolatry of the left, we do not have the freedom to govern ourselves, nor even to rely the old God for our values and truths. Our betters will lead us. And they will grant any right they see fit, and reject any liberty they see fit, and redefine any term they see fit. Democracy in America did not die with jackboots; it died with the boredom and stupidity of an American people complicit in its demise, celebrating the circuses and the games provided by its new rulers, fat and happy in their submission. Let the parades be held; let the call go forth. By the power vested in them by, well, them, the Supreme Court and the left declare Americans husbands and husbands, wives and wives — and all of them slaves.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

im the gaystapo

Love the name change

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Michigan Plaintiffs hear the results of the Supreme Court Case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D49LnlKuhlY

I cried

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beautiful

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLfc44o-AxY

This is gorgeous

Host was crying and now talking to Tony Perkins

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jkyuusai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLqz2taVE58

Full video of a mass marriage ceremony in Atlanta today. It's really :3:

Goddamn you for making me cry even more

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is a man who worked decades to stop what happened today and is on suicide watch

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god the new icon!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is so beautiful I want to frame it

quote:

'GAY MARRIAGE' RULING: EVIL WITH A SILVER LINING

Well, that was predictable. On Friday, with its majority opinion in Obergefell v. Hodges, five judicial imperialists perched high atop the U.S. Supreme Court bench called the Supreme Being a liar. They presumed to invent, out of thin air and through judicial fiat, a “constitutional right” to sin-based “gay marriage.” (Father God, as you exact Your perfect justice on America, please have mercy upon Your faithful.)

The horrific nature of this illegitimate decision cannot be overstated. It makes a mockery of the institution of marriage, something of which God alone has the authority to design and define. It represents a level of judicial activism unmatched since Dred Scott, Buck v. Bell or Roe v. Wade.

Man-woman marriage, as He designed it, is the metaphor God uses for the relationship between Christ and His Church. In addition to mocking marriage, this decision mocks God.

Which is by spiritual design.

Satan is laughing himself silly right now. His demonic minions, both above and below, are popping the bubbly and clinking the champagne flutes.

Evil has triumphed.

For now at least.

But not in the end.

Because God will not be mocked.

And victory is His.

Still, on top of being an arrogant affront to Almighty God, this opinion of five unelected and unaccountable justices is also a constitutional disaster. “The Court’s decision fundamentally rewrites the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution to radically redefine the cornerstone institution of marriage, which is older than the Court itself,” said Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel.

The decision also drew sharp criticism from the Court’s four dissenting justices. Chief Justice John Roberts, for example, rightly observed that the activist majority opinion hijacks the democratic process and is not based on the rule of law: “[D]o not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it,” wrote Roberts.

Justice Scalia similarly called the ruling a “threat to American democracy.” The “pretentious” and “egotistic” decision, he railed, “robs the People of the most important liberty they asserted in the Declaration of Independence and won in the Revolution of 1776: the freedom to govern themselves.”

I’m not naïve. We’ll have to see what this actually means in coming years, but when filtered through any honest reading of the First Amendment’s “free exercise” clause, what it means is that Christians cannot be forced to violate their conscience through compulsory participation in, or recognition of, counterfeit “gay weddings”

As many of us have long warned, all this “gay marriage” nonsense was never about “marriage equality.” It was, and remains, a spiritual battle camouflaged in the formal attire of judicial and public policy wrangling. It was always about forcing Christ’s faithful followers, under penalty of law, to abandon biblical truth and embrace sexual sin. The goal of “LGBT” activists and secular progressives has long been to pit the government directly against the free exercise of religion – Christianity in particular – and to silence all dissent.

Let me be clear. You will never silence us, and we Christians don’t need liberty crumbs tossed down from some temporal bench on high. Christians, faithful Christians (as opposed to the apostate variety), will not, indeed cannot, have anything whatsoever to do with the wickedness that is “gay marriage,” and we will disobey any man-made law or ruling that presumes to make us do otherwise.

Even so, let us not don our rose-colored glasses. Friday’s ruling comes straight from the pit of Hell. Even with its religious liberty “silver lining,” it has not ended the debate; it has only just launched it. It has opened the floodgates to anti-Christian persecution. Leftist lawsuit abuse against Christian individuals and organizations will now flow hot like the River Styx.

But don’t despair, my brothers and sisters in Christ. For we who are God’s children have already overcome.

Because greater is He Who is in us, than he who is in the world.

And greater is He who created marriage, than he who perverts it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bwahaha

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No comment neccesary

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

James Dobson from Focus on the Family is calling for something drastic

quote:

Speaking now for our organization, Family Talk, I believe it is time for this nation to hold State Constitutional Conventions, which would allow certain provisions within the Constitution to be reaffirmed. Among these possibilities would be a provision to set term limits on judges and justices. Another clause would limit the scope of their power. Unelected, unaccountable judges would no longer override the other two co-equal branches of government. Finally, language would be inserted to restore what Abraham Lincoln referred to in his Gettysburg Address as government “of the people, by the people, and for the people.” Wouldn’t that be a novel idea in the 21st century?

The kids!

quote:

Soon, public school textbooks throughout the country will be re-written and re-illustrated to conform to today’s ruling. It matters not that these revisions will contradict the beliefs and convictions of their parents. It will soon become the law of the land.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/06/i-fear-judgment-befalling-america/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yesssssss

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pro click right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2crZ4_xgKg

Vox created a video which starts at 2004 and goes through news stories building up to yesterday. You get to see a variety of data change too

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Food for thought

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pastor comes out of the closet(not what you think)

https://www.facebook.com/PastorLocke/videos/906507956059756/?fref=nf

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Morter posted:

Finally, my daily searches of "Gay Marriage" by upload date on youtube got me something fruitful.

A half-hour debate on a local news station that got a bit heated at times as two middle-aged men yell over each other. As expected, the one 'defending traditional marriage' had literally no leg to stand on. His arguments included: The bible (which not everyone follows), changing definitions (of religious marriage, which wasn't at stake), and "What will we teach our kids". The person for marriage equality didn't have the best defenses all the time, but it was very easy to swat away all of those when needed, and thankfully by the time people could comment via internet, someone made a swift, succinct point that the religious definition of marriage wasn't what was being changed. It took what little water the conservative had out of his argument, so it's pretty much just a half hour of him dumbly flailing.

If you're like me, this is a fun way to kill a half hour while you do something else.

This is such a pro watch. The anti gay marriage dude sputters and collapses

Jesus, that guy gets really angry

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 29, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Catholic Voters have released a video called #Notalone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6PPk2NOQXs

It's deceiving on a level I've not seen

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove