Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Louisiana State Senator, David Vitter after the Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Good thing there's Obamacare to help him pay for statins and heart surgery!

Also choosing Chick Fil A when you have a Popeyes right next to you

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What about my kids, how can I explain the mandatory gay weddings!

quote:

With the Supreme Court decision last week legalizing same-sex marriage in the United States, some Christian parents wonder how they ought to explain all of this to their small children. So how does one teach about the law and the controversy, without exposing one’s children to more than they can handle?

First of all, make no mistake: you should talk to your children about this. No matter how you shelter your family, keeping your children from knowing about the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage would take a “Truman Show”-level choreography of their lives. That’s not realistic, nor is it particularly Christian.

The Bible isn’t nearly as antiseptic as Christians sometimes pretend to be, and it certainly doesn’t shirk back from addressing all the complexities of human life. If we are discipling our children, let’s apply the Scriptures to all of life. If we refuse to talk to our children about the reality of the world they live in, our children will assume we are unequipped to speak to it, and they’ll eventually search out a worldview that will.

This doesn’t mean that we rattle our children with information they aren’t developmentally ready to process. But we know how to navigate that already. We talk, for instance, about marriage itself, and we give age-appropriate answers to the “Where do babies come from?” query. The same is true here. There is no need to inform small children about all the sexual possibilities in graphic detail in order to get across that Jesus calls us to live as husbands and wives with fidelity and permanence and complementarity.

Some parents believe that teaching their children the controversies about same-sex marriage will promote homosexuality. Christians and non-Christians can agree that sexual orientation doesn’t work that way. Moreover, the exact opposite is true. If you don’t teach your children about a Christian way of viewing the challenges to a Christian sexual ethic, the ambient culture–which is now codified in our legal system– will fill in your silence with answers of its own.

You can explain to your children what the Bible teaches, from Genesis to Jesus to the apostles, about a man and a woman becoming one-flesh. You can explain that as Christians we believe this marital relationship is different than other relationships we have. You can then tell them that some people have relationships they want to be seen as marriages, and that the Supreme Court agreed with them, but that we as Christians cannot.

You can then explain that you love your neighbors who disagree with you on this. You agree that they ought to be free from mistreatment or harassment. But the church believes government can’t actually define or redefine marriage, but can only recognize what God created and placed in creation. Explain why you think mothers and fathers are different, and why those differences are good. Find examples in your own family of how those differences work together for the common good of the household, and point to examples in Scripture of the same.

Don’t ridicule or express hostility toward those who disagree. Don’t give into panic or rage about the country. You might have gay or lesbian family members; be sure to express your love for them to your children, even as you say that you disagree about God’s design for marriage. You probably have already had to do that with family members or friends who are divorced or cohabiting or some other situation that falls short of a Christian sexual ethic. If your children see outrage in you, rather than a measured and Christlike biblical conviction, they eventually will classify your convictions here in the same category as your clueless opinions about “kids these days and their loud music.”

The issues at stake are more important than that. Marriage isn’t ultimately about living arrangements or political structures, but about the gospel. When your children ask about the Supreme Court, be loving and winsome and honest and convictional and kind.

http://www.russellmoore.com/2015/06/29/how-should-you-talk-to-your-children-about-same-sex-marriage/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Who can forget the Chick Fil A video of everyone inside singing God Bless America

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nF00qCIGe04

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yesssssss

Remember Bryan Fischer who said 6/26 was their 9/11

He returns

Supreme Court Makes It Easier to Go to Hell

quote:

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. It may also be paved with misguided, immoral, unlawful and unconstitutional Supreme Court decisions.

The Supreme Court’s unconscionable ruling released on Friday, which imposes recognition of sodomy-based marriage on the entire United States, will have devastating consequences for our nation.

Our first national sin was slavery. It took a civil war and 600,000 American deaths before we turned as a people from that abomination both culturally and in our national public policy.

Our second national sin is abortion, which the Court embraced on our behalf in 1973. We have yet to turn from that pernicious form of evil. God’s justice demands an accounting for the shed blood of 57 million innocents.

Now the Court has added a third national sin to the list by embracing sexual perversion and ordering everybody in America to accept it or else. Who knows what kind of national catastrophe it will take to humble us as a people and persuade us to turn from the wickedness of murdering the unborn and engaging in sexual perversion?

If it took a civil war to compel us to deal with slavery, I shudder to think of what awaits us. As Thomas Jefferson did, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever.

But, as Dale, a caller to my program on Friday pointed out, there is another feature of the Court’s ruling that is even more sobering. The Court has made it easier for people to go to hell.

The Scriptures are clear in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 that unrepentant homosexuality is a sin that will keep a man from the kingdom of God. “Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Everyone of these sins will keep us out of God’s eternal kingdom if it is not repented of, whether the sin is sexual deviancy or cheating in business. On the other hand, the great news of the gospel is that not one of these sins can keep us out of God’s eternal kingdom if it is confessed as sin and brought under the blood of Christ. That’s why the gospel is literally “the good news.”

The Supreme Court on Friday jeopardized the eternal souls of millions of Americans by justifying the sin of homosexuality. The Court has used its considerable authority to communicate the exceedingly dangerous message that homosexual marriage is not a perversion to be renounced but a constitutional right to be celebrated and promoted.

Thus the Court has moved millions of impressionable Americans one giant step further from repentance and eternal life. Who knows how many of them will use the Court’s ruling to defend their own behavior? The liberal majority will have much to answer for on The Day.

Jesus warned us in Luke 17:1-4, “Temptations are sure to come, but woe to the one through they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.”

God’s design is that every segment of society – family, church, community, government, education, business, and media – reinforce the abiding and eternal moral standards of the word of God, in order that citizens may be reminded of the divine nature of these standards, develop a reverence and respect for them, and be prompted to seek God for forgiveness when they recognize their own moral failings.

The Court has told the world that homosexuality is not something over which men should repent but something over which they should rejoice. In so doing, the liberal majority on the Court has done a historical disservice to this nation and an eternal disservice to mankind. They have aided and abetted those misguided souls who are inclined to engage in unrepentant sin which will separate them from God forever.

Jesus told us in Matthew 7:13 that “the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction.” The Supreme Court has just added an express lane on the highway to hell.

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

http://barbwire.com/2015/06/30/0900-supreme-court-makes-it-easier-to-go-to-hell/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Barbwire really is on a goddamn roll

LET’S DO THIS IN RESPONSE TO THE GOD-MOCKING SCOTUS DECISION

quote:

there is something that can be done to immediately express disapproval loud and clear and have a future impact.

I was extremely disappointed by the decision and like so many people believe that, as a nation, our religious freedoms are at risk, and will be diminished.

After letting that sink in I began to wonder how I could respond in a meaningful way anticipating the changes that are coming through lawsuits, court challenges, fines, etc. against our deeply held beliefs. Denying this, in my view, is not reality.

The question to me was how do we minimize the future activity against us, respectfully. How can we have a meaningful effect quickly?

So, in the middle of a restless last night the thought came; black ribbons hanging on the American flag, on as many as possible as soon as possible.

It is my belief that if enough are seen by and on the 4th of July the message will not be ignored. That message is “we disagree with the decision and we are many”.

It doesn’t require elaborate explanations in fact, the fewer the better. But the response has to be quick and in large numbers. This can be done now….all it takes is contacting those you know who are disappointed.

And do this by any and all social media asking them to hang a black ribbon on their flag and ask them to pass the idea on.

This could cover the nation in days, not waiting for organized demonstrations.

To have impact the response has to be quick and impressive.

*I’m writing this anonymously since I think there could be personal reprisals. I’m sure Tami would forward any comments.

http://barbwire.com/2015/06/29/breaking-lets-do-this-in-response-to-the-god-mocking-scotus-decision/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jivjov posted:

One of those same guys from my last photo just replied with the following, and I honestly think it broke me a little bit:

I've heard that but it was 2+2=6

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Onion outdoes itself

quote:

Obama: 'Help Us Destroy Jesus And Start A New Age Of Liberal Darkness'

CHARLOTTE, NC—With the savage roar of the heathen Democratic horde rising all around him, President Barack Obama delivered an incendiary speech to close his party’s national convention Thursday night, commanding the ultraprogressive minions in attendance to help him “destroy Jesus and usher in a new age of liberal darkness that shall reign o’er the earth for a thousand years.”

The thunderous 45-minute address—during which the president argued for a second term so that he could “finally kill Jesus once and for all, as well as all those who worship him”—was well received by the frenzied, wild-eyed audience, whose piercing chants of “Four more years!” and “Slaughter the believers!” echoed throughout the Time Warner Cable Arena.

“My fellow Americans and godless infidels, I command you to join me as we cast an endless pall of far-left evil across the hills and valleys of our nation!” Obama bellowed from the stage, as thousands in attendance moaned in compliance and gyrated their hips and groins in a lascivious dance. “Together, as a barbarian people forged by the wicked flames of irreligiosity and united by visions of a liberal dystopia, we will rise up as one to scorch the earth with boundless amorality.”

“The streets shall run red with the blood of forced sodomy, performed daily upon every American man, woman, and child!” the commander-in-chief shouted, froth forming around his mouth as the crowd threw hundreds of aborted fetuses onto the stage. “Die, Christians, die!”

Slamming his fists on the lectern until his hands began to bleed, Obama proceeded to lay out a “three-point plan of sin and lechery” for his second term. If reelected, the president said, he would begin by banning organized religion entirely—starting with Christianity—and burning all churches to the ground, preferably “with their wretched, Jesus-loving congregants still huddled inside like rats.”

As members of the audience violently tugged at their genitals and howled like sex-starved, atheist wolves, Obama stated that his administration would then seek to make free, taxpayer-funded abortions legal at any stage of pregnancy, even up to one full year after birth, in order to supply his newly created “federal stem-cell harvesting plants” with raw materials.

In addition, the cackling president vowed to “end traditional marriage as we know it” by passing legislation that would allow only homosexuals to raise children, a longtime Democratic policy goal.

“A glorious new age of sinister, unconstrained liberalism is dawning! Oh, dear Satan, I can feel it coursing through my veins at this very moment!” shrieked Obama, ripping off his shirt to reveal an ornate tattoo of a pentagram, with a different homosexual act positioned at each of the star’s five points. “Agnosticism, contempt for human life, and radical sexual experimentation shall rule the day! Any good, virtuous, family-values-oriented Christian Americans who seek to topple our magnificent liberal kingdom of eternal darkness will be powerless to stop us! We will crush them!”

Added Obama, “Thank you, may Satan reward you all, and may God tremble in fear at the United States of America!”

The president was then handed an unbaptized, orphaned newborn baby drenched in the blood of 666 slaughtered Christians, which he handed over to its new, gleefully squealing homosexual parents.

http://www.theonion.com/article/obama-help-us-destroy-jesus-and-start-a-new-age-of-29478

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wait is that the place GBS financed ?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get your poo poo together Texas

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20150629-interactive-map-how-texas-counties-are-handling-same-sex-marriage-licenses.ece

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This will work and every county will obey it...oh who are we kidding

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20150701-5th-circuit-to-texas-allow-gay-marriage-because-supreme-court-says-so.ece

quote:

JACKSON, Miss. — A federal appeals court is telling judges in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas they must allow gay marriage because the U.S. Supreme Court says so.

The ruling Wednesday by the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals instructs federal district judges to conclude cases in those states by legalizing the practice in line with last week’s Supreme Court ruling.

The move clears one of the final procedural roadblocks in the three cases, which had been pending before the New Orleans-based court. The 5th Circuit had heard arguments in the appeals but hadn’t ruled.

People seeking legalization of same-sex marriage had won cases in Mississippi and Texas, but lost in Louisiana.

The appeals court is removing its block on the cases and telling district judges to move quickly to issue final rulings.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

If anyone wants to feel better about the Texas AG being a dickbag on marriage equality:

:neckbeard:

He could share a cell with Perry

In a perfect world I know

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Stop what you are doing and watch this beautiful beautiful breakdown (There are tears)

Becky Wegener

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is the beginning of the Christian Holocaust

:godwin:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bwahaha Jindal

This was just passed down

http://files.eqcf.org/cases/213-cv-05090-142-judgment/

quote:

IT IS ORDERED that this Court's Order and Reasons and the accompanying Judgment dated September 3, 2014, are hereby recalled and rescinded; IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Article XII, Section 15 of the Louisiana Constitution, Article 89 of the Louisiana Civil Code, and laws enacted pursuant thereto, violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution and may not be enforced against the Plaintiffs or any other same-sex couple; IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Article XII, Section 15 of the Louisiana Constitution, Article 3520(B) of the Louisiana Civil Code, and laws enacted pursuant thereto, violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution and may not be enforced against the Plaintiffs or any other same-sex couple.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 2, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beautiful!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Pay up

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2015/07/sweet_cakes_final_order_gresha.html#incart_m-rpt-1

quote:

Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian on Thursday ordered the owners of a former Gresham bakery to pay $135,000 in damages to a lesbian couple for refusing to make them a wedding cake. Avakian's ruling upheld a preliminary finding earlier this year that the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa had discriminated against the women on the basis of their sexual orientation.

Bakery owners Melissa and Aaron Klein cited their Christian beliefs against same-sex marriage in denying service. The case ignited a long-running skirmish in the nation's culture wars, pitting civil rights advocates against religious freedom proponents who argued business owners should have the right to refuse services for gay and lesbian weddings.

Avakian's final order makes clear that serving potential customers equally trumps the Kleins' religious beliefs. Under Oregon law, businesses cannot discriminate or refuse service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn customers away because of race, sex, disability, age or religion, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries said in a news release.

Though I think they made that amount on gofundme

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh poo poo

quote:

Entire Tenn. County Clerk’s Office Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – The employees of the Decatur County clerk’s office in west Tennessee have resigned from their positions.

Clerk Gwen Pope and employees Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler all said their resignations was due to the Supreme Court’s decision to allow same-sex marriages.

The decision reportedly clashes with the employees’ religious beliefs. Their last day will be July 14.

Currently, the Decatur County’s clerk office will not issue a same-sex license.

Just Wednesday, the Associated Press reported all 95 counties in Tennessee are following last week’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling that overturned bans on same-sex marriage. Clerks are legally allowed to refuse to perform the marriages, but must issue the licenses.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/entire-tenn-county-clerks-office-resigns-over-samesex-marriage-licenses-18421.shtml

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSPKKtcpaQ

This Christian PSA video was made about immoral supreme courts and a recent decision

Striking down sodomy laws

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They have almost reached their goal of 150k (99%)

https://www.continuetogive.com/4811392

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Also, the people are donating money that goes directly to that beautiful couple. I guess they look at as "we are saving this poor family from bankruptcy"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Remember the brothers who were going to have an HGTV show but then it was discovered that they were bigoted against gays

quote:

"As our faith comes under fire – with today’s attack on religious liberty – we must remember that God uses fire to purify our faith. Fire draws a line in the sand: Are we in or out? With Him or against Him? There is no in between. We’ve heard some say, 'I’m just riding the fence, sitting quietly, waiting to see what happens.' To them we respond, 'The devil owns the fence. Choose which side you’re on, and jump to it. Besides, you can’t stand strong on top of a fence.' The Supreme Court’s ruling on gay 'marriage' made it painfully obvious that religious liberties, especially for Christians, are now in the cross-hairs of the militant, secular agenda that is fundamentally changing our country. This means we need to get off the fence and stand up. We’ve got to decide beforehand, i.e., today, what we’re going to do when our faith is actually under fire." - Jason and David Benham

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hannity had on the County Clerk who bravely resigned rather than "aiding and abetting" something that goes against your conscious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdMB5Hecfo

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Catholic Vote (creators of the "Not Alone" video decided to try their hand at humor

quote:

CATHOLIC HARDWARE STORE SUED FOR REFUSING TO SELL GAY EXTENSION CORD

The Catholic owners of “Joe’s Hardware” in Atchison, Kansas are defending themselves against a federal lawsuit that accuses them of violating equal protection laws because they refused to sell a same-sex extension cord to a customer last month.

The plaintiff in the lawsuit is Flip Rosco, a poodle trainer from Greenwich Village. During a press conference announcing the lawsuit, Mr. Rosco caused some initial confusion when he was asked what he was doing in Atchison in the first place. “Looking for a Catholic hardware store to sue,” he proclaimed, to a few raised eyebrows. “Love wins,” he quickly added, which seemed to satisfy the assembled crowd.

Joe and Abby Smith, the owners of the family-run hardware business and long-time members at St. Agnes, the local parish, were caught completely off guard by the allegations. The Smiths are adamant that they didn’t discriminate against anyone.

cord“I remember when this fella came in to the store,” recalled Joe. “I asked him if I could help him find anything. He gave me kind of a sly look and said he wanted to buy a gay extension cord. I told him we didn’t carry those but maybe I could special order it, and that’s when he started screaming at me that he was going to sue us. It’s just crazy. What the hell is a gay extension cord anyway?”

Abby Smith was just as upset. “This whole thing just came out of nowhere,” she said. “We just want to serve our customers and practice our faith. Up until now, we’ve been able to do both without any problem. Now we’re looking at legal fees, a long court battle, and goodness knows what else. Maybe even jail.”

“Probably jail,” added Justice Anthony Kennedy. “But it’s okay because at the heart of liberty is the right to define your own concept of existence, of persecution, of your prison cell, and who knows, maybe even elimination for the greater good if you keep trying to exercise your religion instead of just worshiping your God in private like a good citizen.”

Supporters on both sides of the issue have taken to social media to debate the moral, constitutional, and electrical merits of plugging the kitchen into the living room.

Stay tuned, America.

http://www.catholicvote.org/catholic-hardware-store-sued-for-refusing-to-sell-same-sex-extension-cord/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Morter posted:

No, I'm pretty sure they're a real thing.

If they aren't real, then that makes the aforementioned Not Alone video genius.

Not Alone is one of the greatest things to come from the gay marriage legalization

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Welp better get that Gofundme money quick

quote:

Two Christian bakers who refused to bake a cake for a lesbian wedding have been ordered to pay $135,000 in damages by July 13 or else the state of Oregon could place a lien on their home.

Aaron and Melissa Klein, the owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, were punished by the state’s Bureau of Labor and Industry (BOLI) for unlawfully discriminating against a same-sex couple.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/08/bakers-who-refused-to-make-lesbian-wedding-cake-told-to-pay-135k-by-monday-or-else.html

Had to look up what a lien is

quote:

A lien is a notice attached to your property telling the world that a creditor claims you owe it some money. A lien is typically a public record. It is generally filed with a county records office (for real property) or with a state agency, such as the secretary of state (for cars, boats, office equipment, and the like). Liens on real estate are a common way for creditors to collect what they are owed. Liens on personal property, such as motor vehicles, are less frequently used but can be an effective way for someone to collect.

How a Lien Affects Your Property
To sell or refinance property, you must have clear title. A lien on your house, mobile home, car, or other property makes your title unclear. To clear up the title, you must pay off the lien. Thus, creditors know that putting a lien on property is a cheap and almost guaranteed way of collecting what they are owed—sooner or later.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Part of me wants to see them put in jail

But then they go down as martyrs

quote:

"The rest of the county court clerks are complying with the law regardless of their personal beliefs," Beshear said in a statement. "The courts and the voters will deal appropriately with the rest." Lawrence County Clerk Chris Jobe, president of the Kentucky County Clerk's Association, announced earlier this week that 57 clerks had signed a letter to Beshear asking him to call a special session of the state legislature to change Kentucky's marriage laws to protect local officials who object to same-sex marriage. But as of Thursday afternoon, the governor's office had only received three such letters: Kenny Brown in Boone County, Kim Davis in Rowan County, and Jason Denny in Anderson County. Beshear said again on Thursday that he would not call the legislature back into session. And Casey Davis reiterated Thursday that he would not resign, saying he would not quit on his family or the people that elected him. "I'm going to be not wise in mine own eyes," he said, referencing a passage from the book of Proverbs in the Bible. "I'm going to fear the Lord and depart from evil."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3dc114e58dcc41d18c33bda13ac74134/kentucky-governor-tells-clerk-issue-gay-marriage-licenses

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jivjov posted:

http://m.thesalemnewsonline.com/mobile/news/local_news/article_e2b4e196-2994-11e5-813b-739421b68bb6.html

Apparently Dent County, Missouri will be flying flags lower than half-staff to "mourn" marriage equality.

Sometimes I hate living in this state...

Jesus christ

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dattell-skiles-dent-county-gay-marriage-flags-half-staff

Reversed the flag decision

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tony Perkins on Trans* troops being able to serve their country

quote:

The military discriminates constantly in its attempts to find the best physical and mental recruits it can. Why is this any different? Otherwise qualified men and women are turned away from the military every day for bad eyes, flat feet, asthma, and a host of other truly immutable characteristics. Yet in the phony name of fairness, our leaders would willingly let people into the military whose mental state is not only unstable -- but a detriment to their fellow service members? It's illogical. Allergies can keep you out of the military, but gender dysphoria can't? The tension with China and Iran is escalating, and America's strength is declining. Instead of Humvees, we're buying hormones. A military whose budget was cut to bare bones will suddenly be forking over millions of dollars for surgeries, therapies, pills, and retrofitting of facilities. And for what? Certainly not to make the military more capable of performing its mission. It is time for our nation's military leaders to put their stars on the line and tell the President 'no.' The thousands of men and women who serve in our military follow the orders flowing from the Pentagon, trusting that their leaders are doing what is necessary to accomplish the military's mission -- not the deviant agenda of this President." - Tony Perkins

There is so much to take from this statement

Also, who knew flat feet was a deal breaker

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wait..what

Obama is going to Kenya and will speak about LGBT rights and one anti group is protesting

quote:

“The procession shall be carried out by approximately 5,000 totally naked men and women to protest President Barack Obama’s open and aggressive support for Homosexuality.

“The party’s main objective is for him to understand the difference between a man and a woman.”

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7802178

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chris Hayes recently had on the Kentucky county clerk who is refusing to hand out marriage licenses and he sounds like he is really really unintelligent

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2bhSXqhBuE

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 17, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

WUH OH

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/08/04/anti-gay-marriage-group-suffers-another-loss-in-bid-to-conceal-donors-to-maine-campaign/

quote:

AUGUSTA — The National Organization for Marriage has lost another round in its attempt to hide the identities of donors to a successful 2009 referendum campaign to reverse Maine’s marriage equality law.

The Maine Supreme Judicial Court on Tuesday denied NOM’s motion to block a ruling by the state’s ethics and elections commission that the organization must register as a ballot question committee and begin disclosing its donors. Last year the Maine Commission on Governmental Ethics and Election Practices imposed a $50,250 fine on NOM, the nation’s leading organization opposing gay marriage, a ruling that could affect the way nonprofit organizations attempt to influence Maine elections.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

He already facing a possible sentence of life in prison and even got a mugshot!

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20150803-judge-lets-paxton-throw-out-the-towel-for-mugshot.ece

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kim Davis speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYyOMDVjLqU

The crowd is a few people away from saying "HANG DEM QUEERS"

Casey Davis is an idiot too

quote:

“Where is Adam and Eve’s marriage license recorded at and who did they go get them issued by? I’ll tell you, God issued them. God ordained it. Whether you believe in God or not, the Bible is where marriage came from and it is where it will continue to come from regardless of what man says that it is. It will never be anything but between one man and one woman in the eyes of God, that’s what marriage is and someone else may label it as something else but it can never be anything except between one man and one woman.”

Monday will be fantastic

:munch:

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 27, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is going to be an incredible next couple days

quote:

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June. On Thursday morning, a deputy clerk in her office refused to issue a marriage license to William Smith Jr. and James Yates. It was their third attempt to get a license. They said they will not give up. “They just don’t like gay people, they don’t want us to get married,” Yates said. “And they’d rather burn the earth and not let straight people in Rowan County get married either.” The action Thursday came just a day after a federal appeals court upheld a ruling ordering the clerk in rural Rowan County to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. U.S. District Judge David Bunning had already ordered Davis to issue marriage licenses two weeks ago. He later delayed that ruling until Aug. 31 or until the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling. The appeals court did so on Wednesday, denying Davis’ appeal. But a deputy clerk in Davis’ office told Smith and Yates on Thursday that the office believes Bunning’s delay remains in effect until Aug. 31. He refused to give his name or give them a license.

The AP notes that Davis hid in her office this morning and refused to meet reporters. The Liberty Counsel is expected to file her appeal to the US Supreme Court shortly. Last weekend several thousand Christians rallied in support of Davis at the Kentucky capitol building.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-again-denies-license

So legally, what happens to her. Will she just be fired? Or could she be charged/sued?

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 27, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol: Kim Davis thinking the Supreme Court is going to issue a stay

She can't be fired

quote:

The AP noted that Davis, who pulls in an $80,000 salary as chief clerk, can't be fired from that post because she is an elected official.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kim-davis-scotus-gay-marriage-licenses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wonder if she will call in sick tomorrow

• Locked thread