Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.
It's alright, once their generation dies it'll be a nonissue.

I wonder if it's possible to find a bookie somewhere who'll give me odds on the Republicans voting themselves into complete irrelevance in the next ten years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm sorry, but that is almost painfully naive.

I think you're being painfully negative. Even among young evangelical Americans a lot of this poo poo is dropping away, and in mainstream America support for equality is growing across the board especially among youths. No poo poo there are shitheels out there that want to make life difficult, but they're like the Tea Party: a whole lot of press but not nearly as much representation backing them as you might think.

Things will work out.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

I am not saying that people should stop fighting for it, I'm saying that there is no chance that it won't happen within our generation, so keep your heads up and don't be so negative about temporary setbacks. poo poo'll fall shortly.

Besides it works in our favor eventually anyway because every single time the Republicans go and do this poo poo, another check mark is placed in the history books for the demise of the party's relevance... not that Democrats haven't hosed poo poo up pretty hard, themselves.

I can't wait for DoMA to get repealed and constitutional ban or not in these states, they'll be forced to recognize gay marriages from other states anyway. Suck on that, assholes.

• Locked thread