Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

They did change it, however. I really wonder what goes on over there. Do you think one guy posted the headline and then everyone else reign it in? Or did they notice the headline was getting a few too many tweets and they went "oh poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Wait they are claiming that the public policy of Rhode Island overrides the the constitution? Its not even an amendment, full faith and credit is part of the original document.

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, FF&C only applies to actual judgments of law. For other stuff, courts can override sister state legal poo poo if the forum state views it as repugnant to local policy. Federal courts have been extra deferential when the matter involves family law.

I think. My memory of this entire subject is a bit hazy.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I'm sure these sorts of questions have been asked, but:

DOMA is what allows states to ignore other states marriage licenses, right? If DOMA is struck down, would full faith & credit allow for tourist marriages that are valid back home?

• Locked thread