Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004

Unoriginal Name posted:

Hrmm, what has happened in the last few days... lemme think.

A swing state that Obama won voted decisively against gay marriage, making this a politically risky time to give those voters a reason to oppose him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004

computer parts posted:

So "never", gotcha.

Hey now there I think we had the lead for a little bit

But It's amazing how rapid the tide is turning on gay rights.

Actually, it amazes me to this day how fast the pro-segregation people *shut up* after segregation ended. In the 60's there were protests and blocking of school doors, the 70's had black people start appearing all over the media, and by the 80's Martin Luther King was everybody's favorite guy with 'judging by the content of your character' being universally non-controversial.

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't think even Scalia is corrupt and hateful enough to want to appear on the wrong side of history for the rest of eternity. If he doesn't want to vote with the pro-gay marriage bloc can he just abstain?

I don't think you understand Scalia.

• Locked thread