Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
According to the site, you can order from

http://rswww.com/ (RS Components)

or

http://farnell.com/ (Premier Farnell)

It says to search for Raspberry Pi, and then follow the normal shopping and checkout process. However, so far RS Components just has a link to register for more info on the board, and I haven't been able to get the Farnell site to load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

peepsalot posted:

Is there any way to send a yotuube link to xbmc from a desktop computer. I've used youtube addon very briefly, but the search interface drives me loving insane and gently caress trying to type on a tv remote. Also I don't like that I can't turn off saving my search history in that plugin.

There's a Greasemonkey script for Firefox here.

Or, for Chrome, you can install TubeToTV or Play to XBMC

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

Right, the probleem I have is the power. I can get 2 external banks but that adds 2 more power bricks to deal with. If I could find an enclosure to take 2/3 drives with a USB output to power the RPI that would be perfect.

Look into the Mediasonic Probox if you want a cheap 4 bay enclosure. They have two models that will work, the HF2-SU2S2 which is USB 2.0 or eSATA, and the HF2-SU3S2 which is USB 3.0 and eSATA. They can both be purchased for around $100, and both have a power adapter with a standard 3 pin cord. I can't say for sure if they will back power the Pi over the USB port, but even if they don't, you will only have one power cable to worry about.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

YouTuber posted:

There are remotes for 25 bucks that work well, you also could your cellphone with the Yatse program to control it.

Definitely go with Yatse if you have a decent smart phone. I have three XBMC boxes in my home, one using an Acer Revo and two RPis, and it works great. You can store a copy of the library on the phone so you can browse and play from there without even looking at the TV until the movie starts. Controls are easy to use and understand. It's much better than the official app.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Eukodol posted:

I have one of those cases, I haven't had any heat issues. They do have a few slots cut into the top. Curiously they also have one hole for a camera module lens and two mounting screws for bolting said module *inside* the case with the lens facing out. I guess if you mounted it on a wall you could have a fixed camera facing out.

I also got this case with my first B+ a couple weeks ago. It's a decent case, but you have to be careful mounting the Pi, or you'll break the mounting tabs. I like the camera mounting point. I have one mounted on the wall in my garage that acts as an internet garage door remote/security camera.