Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Physical posted:

I don't get the mickey mouse copyright law thing. Did Disney just keep lobbying to keep extending copyrights?
Yep, Disney is pretty much responsible for screwing up copyright law, and extending the copyright period for a ridiculous amount of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Last year, my sister was outside, recording my nephew, who was barely able to walk, outside. Their giant dog got excited about something or somebody, and basically ran through him, sending my nephew sprawling.

It got some views on Youtube, but barely. I think there were less than 2,000 views, and she was contacted by THREE different unrelated companies about non-exclusive rights to use her clip. One of the companies does like a daily or weekly fail compilation. I think she was offered like $150, $150, $100, but decided not to mess with it. I think the companies were trying to anticipate in case the clip went viral, which it didn't.

But we have no idea how they found out about it.