Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Hats in TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Ahh yes, much like in Warcraft 3 (I forget if the same is true for the older games) where you can click a unit many times and it'll say various funny things, different for every unit.

The best one is from the pit lord Mercenary, where his final line is a long Jerry Springer style audio clip where he tells his wife he's actually a demon.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Count Chocula posted:

Apparently there are different dialogues in the 3rd game depending on who you take on missions and what voice you use.
you should check out the mission with the STAG disguise. 7 different dialogs by one voice actor.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Thing about that is though, he comes back from being killed but still has that scar? Valve seem to walk a fine line in those videos, between wanting us to believe that there's some kind of "canon" team, with one of each member who is each an individual personality, and the "reality" of the scenario in that there are dozens of each merc type, they just happen to look alike. Spy will talk to Scout like he's the only one in Meet the Spy, then in Meet the Medic we see a whole bunch of Soldiers.

...Probably over-thinking that one a little. :v:

TF2 isn't a serious game outside of tournies, I wouldn't think about it too hard.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The same thing happens in Saints Row The Third, where you and your lieutenant Pierce sing along to "What I got" by Sublime. Even if you have the zombie voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbcOwjH1m_g

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Nolan North has never topped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7RUY1jzQI

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

StandardVC10 posted:

Wait, you can actually do this? Granted, I don't think I ever had any sex in Fallout 3 because I must have heard about the whole "fade to black with well rested perk and sleeping pose" thing and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

It's a shame, I was hoping for high-quality sex scenes in videogames too. It's a shame everyone looks like a blob because that would have detracted from any attempt at high quality video game sex.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Cleretic posted:

I do feel like they took a step back here in SR3. I mean the Boss there is still a psycho, and there is still that link between being insane in-cutscene and in-game, but you don't realize you miss the scenes of excessive brutality and heartlessness from SR2 until you play the much cleaner SR3.

The thing about Saints Row 2 and 3 is that in the second, the Boss is a sort of nihilist punk messiah, fighting against the "moral" society that reduces people into mockeries of themselves and encourages corruption and brutality. This is done by beating the poo poo out of random people for no reason. In the third, the Saints have become that authority and are starting to be debased. The themes of the game come full circle when The boss beats the poo poo out of a defenceless Killbane, destroys the Hovercarrier and secedes from the United States in the ultimate rejection of American morality, that was more interested in hunting down a nebulous enemy rather than learn the truth and admit it's failings, unlike the BossThere is a change in tone but I'd say it's still thematically connected to the previous game.

Also Cockney Supremacy

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Leal posted:

I really like the pawns dialogue in Dragon's Dogma. Well, generally. If I hear "What a big tree" one more time...

Dragon's Dogma is an amazing game because it is basically Dragon Age the JRPG with your party replaced with asperger golems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The new Pokemon game is incredibly french. The main city is like 50% cafes and they're all snobs about my outfit. It's amazing.

• Locked thread