Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«161 »
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh for god's sake...

SpazmasterX posted:

He's a gay Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney with FABULOUSNESS!? By god...he'd be UNSTOPPABLE!

not really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

I thought Three Olives had kind of come around, at least nominally admitting the poor have it differently, but I guess not so hey how about that.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Three Olives is a magical being with the supernatural ability to tie any discussion whatsoever into the fact that he owns a condo.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

fishmech ship the VHS tape

Excuse me, I think you might have forgotten to use your shift key, OR possibly the caps lock key but for only one letter at a time. I know how it is, getting a bit crazy and a lot sexy with the boys in YOSPOS, but my own opinion is that it's really nice to use the proper etiquette for the forum you are making a post in, even if it's some truly hilarious stuff like this. Mind you - of course - if you did in fact not intend to use the shift key, and just mean to show yourself as being pretty relaxed and zany, that's your prerogative, and I'm not going to tell you what to do, as man is born free under the sky of life . . .

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh for god's sake...

Ruddha posted:

Excuse me, I think you might have forgotten to use your shift key, OR possibly the caps lock key but for only one letter at a time. I know how it is, getting a bit crazy and a lot sexy with the boys in YOSPOS, but my own opinion is that it's really nice to use the proper etiquette for the forum you are making a post in, even if it's some truly hilarious stuff like this. Mind you - of course - if you did in fact not intend to use the shift key, and just mean to show yourself as being pretty relaxed and zany, that's your prerogative, and I'm not going to tell you what to do, as man is born free under the sky of life . . .

You're far less funny than you think you are.

EDIT: my work here is done

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

DoctorWhat posted:

Pardon me?

Cervixalot
Jul 1, 2008

Sheeeeeeeeeeee-
eeeeeeeeeeeeee-
eeeeeeeeeeeeee-
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
partner, you should be paying me a fee.

DoctorWhat posted:

Pack it up Rooder, forums poster Doctor What has spoken. It was a good run.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

DoctorWhat posted:

Says the guy that managed to derail a thread for like 5 pages because of how unfunny he was.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

join the club

DoctorWhat posted:

He's pretty funny dude.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I'm going back out before the rain starts falling

Ruddha posted:

Could you make this post again, but this time in a more self-congratulatory way?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Fistgrrl

DoctorWhat posted:

EDIT: my work here is done

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in front room of a run down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Whoa let's not jump to conclusions here. Maybe the jokes Rooder posts in the forums of his mind are like really really funny jokes. This would mean that his mind jokes are funny but we shouldn't read into that as condemning his shared IRL forums jokes.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

8th-samurai posted:

Whoa let's not jump to conclusions here. Maybe the jokes Rooder posts in the forums of his mind are like really really funny jokes. This would mean that his mind jokes are funny but we shouldn't read into that as condemning his shared IRL forums jokes.

Haha, thats crazy!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

Tardcore posted:

Says the guy that managed to derail a thread for like 5 pages because of how unfunny he was.
I would like to hear more about this Drama/Event.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cool frog guy slaughters nice man in a public display of pinkshaming.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 3, 2011

People gettin' mad about their subforums' honor up in here

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

anthonypants posted:

I would like to hear more about this Drama/Event.

It was in the TF2 thread and he basically just ran a joke into the ground as hard as you possibly can. It was actually really unfunny and not even very good drama, the gist of it is that someone made a joke, and then he tried to make the same joke but also with a stupid LF meme, everyone told him it wasn't funny but he kept coming back to post it again just to be told again that it wasn't funny, this kept happening until pretty much all the threads regulars told him to shut up and .

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Tardcore posted:

It was in the TF2 thread and he basically just ran a joke into the ground as hard as you possibly can. It was actually really unfunny and not even very good drama, the gist of it is that someone made a joke, and then he tried to make the same joke but also with a stupid LF meme, everyone told him it wasn't funny but he kept coming back to post it again just to be told again that it wasn't funny, this kept happening until pretty much all the threads regulars told him to shut up and .

What was the joke?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Make the posts!
Make the posts!

WickedIcon posted:

People gettin' mad about their subforums' honor up in here

So that thing that happens like, every other page is happening yet again? Wooowweee

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Fistgrrl

TwoPair posted:

So that thing that happens like, every other page is happening yet again? Wooowweee

Excellent observation mate

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

manyak posted:

What was the joke?

A dude named his videogame weapons tumblr stuff. http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...7#post409884127

Then that guy did the same joke but with a dumb rear end LF meme http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...2#post409908231

Then he ran it even further to the ground by binding a bunch of stupid poo poo too his keyboard. http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...3#post410361805

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

"They wait for he who would extinguish candles whilst fanning a fire."

This is why you name your weapons something that can be seen as either witty or disparaging without invoking dumb in-jokes. Alliteration is a bonus.

But maybe I'm just tooting my own horn because naming my Strange Loch n Load "The Pro Piper" feels like a masterstroke to this day

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Tardcore posted:

A dude named his videogame weapons tumblr stuff. http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...7#post409884127

Then that guy did the same joke but with a dumb rear end LF meme http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...2#post409908231

Then he ran it even further to the ground by binding a bunch of stupid poo poo too his keyboard. http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...3#post410361805

Ha ha that is a great joke but personally I think 2nd wave feminism is the most hilarious to trivialize and we should name all our video game collectibles after separation of genders and the normalization of girls liking girls.

EDIT: VVV Our work here is done.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

By someone else posting his drama is it now bannable for doctorwhat to post here?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tardcore posted:

It's actually a Reddit meme that he used

(This is the dorkiest thing I've done today, and I just finished reading about how 14 episodes of Star Trek TNG share their names with Magic: the Gathering cards)

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

TheHistoryChannel posted:

By someone else posting his drama is it now bannable for doctorwhat to post here?

He's not coming back anyway, his work here is done.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

He's not joking, he literally thinks he's doing a good deed when he does that poo poo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Sometimes I like to imagine that a lot of the Flashing Get Out avatar guys bought the avatar for themselves in a sad sycophantic way as opposed to getting one from the moderators or whatever. That was a forum event that may have happened, but I'm not necessarily sure did. Too bad you can't tell who bought what.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

That is exactly how it happened. It was sad and weird and now is pretty funny.

het
Nov 14, 2002

AMERICA'S RUNNING BACK

tbp posted:

Sometimes I like to imagine that a lot of the Flashing Get Out avatar guys bought the avatar for themselves in a sad sycophantic way as opposed to getting one from the moderators or whatever.
No, that's actually what happened, it's really annoying.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You had best unfuck yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!

I disagree on the humor content of the posts contained herein, and would posit that this/these posts are not funny and are in fact unfunny. Thank you and good day.

het
Nov 14, 2002

AMERICA'S RUNNING BACK

Control Volume posted:

I disagree on the humor content of the posts contained herein, and would posit that this/these posts are not funny and are in fact unfunny. Thank you and good day.
Nobody  cares.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

este posted:

Do you know a fairly long one that ends in "strafzetel"? (parking ticket) A teacher of mine in 6th grade told it to me but there was no way I could memorize the whole thing.

Maybe?
Strafzettel wegen Geschwindigkeitsüberschreitung
Speeding ticket

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 3, 2011

het posted:

Nobody  cares.

Except for people from FYAD, who will come out in full force to shout down anyone who mentions them in a remotely negative light. And people from YOSPOS, who will do the exact same thing. And former LF posters, ditto. Also former BYOB people.

Seriously, I don't mind any of the above subforums but jesus gently caress we don't need 5 pages of whenever someone mentions them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

The worst topic to discuss on SA isn't social justice, ponies, or the police. It's when someone mentions FYAD and half the forum says they're dumb and the other half hopes that praising them will get them accepted or something. It's super awkward.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ten months later the
reactor is started.

WickedIcon posted:

Seriously, I don't mind any of the above subforums but jesus gently caress we don't need 5 pages of whenever someone mentions them.
You don't say.

TetsuoTW
Aug 27, 2007

on my way 2 fuk ur bich

Man I hate stupid FYAD-related derails!
*posts specifically to continue a stupid FYAD-related derail*

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

... all the pronouns

TetsuoTW posted:

Man I hate stupid FYAD-related derails!
*posts specifically to continue a stupid FYAD-related derail*

In other news, the Matenwa fundraiser has come around again. It's one of the more uplifting things I've sen on the internet in recent years and it's nice to see it back.

DrProsek
Mar 8, 2011

I can't even

The only thing I hate more than FYAD derails is meta complaints that complaining about FYAD derails is a derail.

Insert ad nauseam. Who was even talking about FYAD before Wicked Icon brought it up.

Tardcore posted:

How the hell is this even supposed to be funny, was he going to sit in TF2 games waiting for somebody to say something that would make one of the phrases he bound to his key hilarious, and then when that day comes slam down on that key and watch lightning explode from it in a glorious fountain of comedy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

DrProsek posted:

The only thing I hate more than FYAD derails is meta complaints that complaining about FYAD derails is a derail.

Insert ad nauseam. Who was even talking about FYAD before Wicked Icon brought it up.

How the hell is this even supposed to be funny, was he going to sit in TF2 games waiting for somebody to say something that would make one of the phrases he bound to his key hilarious, and then when that day comes slam down on that key and watch lightning explode from it in a glorious fountain of comedy?

Its not supposed to be funny, he feels like he did a good deed by showing all those gamers what for. People called him dumb so he defended it by saying he has fun with it. Its the autistic equivalent of giving a dollar to a homeless person.

«161 »