Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Completed Jak 3, just need to get all of the platinum orbs to platinum. Finish off Uncharted 3 getting all of the treasure and kills. Finish off SR3 by getting all of the vehicles, kill targets, base jumping, and the ending of the first act. Also need to finish off LA Noire to get a few more trophies. Spring (Game) Break, I'm going to go somewhere up on the leaderboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I wish the dang PS 1 and PS2 classics had some trophies, then maybe Id have a chance on this list!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
#41 I guess deployment's good for something afterall.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

...! posted:

Looking at the full list of plats, I'm kinda surprised by some of these. I'm one of only four goons to plat Resonance of Fate and one of only three to plat AC: Brotherhood. I would have thought more goons would have those. Also, Dark Souls isn't listed which makes me think that it's not on Sony's official list for some reason.

Hello there fellow "Stardust Hunter" :c00l::respek::c00l:

I'm so close to AC:B's platinum, but I doubt anyone's playing online anymore. I got to like level 38 and just got really bored. That and I could never organize a boosting party for the Employee of the Month bullshit. I have like every other trophy though.

Also I'm very very close to finishing Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I've done all the collection stuff and all the trials. All that's left is just finishing it on paladin (which isn't hard, just a bit time consuming for me at this time)

Also grinding DW7, which is especially tedious since I just finished a week long platinum binge on Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 not too long ago.

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 5, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
A few thoughts:

The page takes awhile to load because you're displaying hundreds of goons. I'd think about implementing some sort of pagination (should be simple in PHP) to reduce this. I made the same suggestion to the guy who ran the first PS3 goon database (and honestly, the new one really needs to do this). I'd try to keep it to twenty or thirty rows a page. This will also reduce the CPU load on your server.

How are you storing the information? If you're using a database backend (like some iteration of SQL) you might want to think about adding links for different methods of sorting the information, like maybe number of plats or number of total trophies or an alphabetical sort of PSN names, adding descending sorts as well as ascending, etc. Maybe even add an option to search for a specific PSN name. These kinds of things would be pretty trivial to add but would get people to stick around on the site just playing around with all the options.

Edit: Also, just a personal preference but I really think serifed fonts are really ugly. I'd consider maybe changing to a sans serif font like Arial or Helvetica to make the site easier on the eyes.

...! fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 5, 2012

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

...! posted:

A few thoughts:

The page takes awhile to load because you're displaying hundreds of goons. I'd think about implementing some sort of pagination (should be simple in PHP) to reduce this. I made the same suggestion to the guy who ran the first PS3 goon database (and honestly, the new one really needs to do this). I'd try to keep it to twenty or thirty rows a page. This will also reduce the CPU load on your server.

How are you storing the information? If you're using a database backend (like some iteration of SQL) you might want to think about adding links for different methods of sorting the information, like maybe number of plats or number of total trophies or an alphabetical sort of PSN names, adding descending sorts as well as ascending, etc. Maybe even add an option to search for a specific PSN name. These kinds of things would be pretty trivial to add but would get people to stick around on the site just playing around with all the options.

Edit: Also, just a personal preference but I really think serifed fonts are really ugly. I'd consider maybe changing to a sans serif font like Arial or Helvetica to make the site easier on the eyes.

It's a big-old PHP script with a MySQL database behind it. I am really terrible at web-design; my day-job is PHP coding and I've just been working on the goon trophy stuff while I'm at work between serving customers and working on work-related PHP stuff.

I can add "sort by" stuff really, REALLY easily, I just need to actually do it sometime when there's no customers for like 10 mins. I also need to add indexes to the database so it loads a fuckload quicker.

As far as font/design go, I'm not too sure what to do. I only know barely enough CSS and Javascript to make the basic stuff you see on the page at the moment (the Display Goons toggles on the Platinum Page). I love PHP but I hate doing design stuff.

edit: if anyone else wants access to the database for any reason to make cool stuff, that's okay with me too.

Mug fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 5, 2012

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Mug posted:

Pretty much just gonna use this thread to discuss trophies in general, too. Just finished off Aurath's Wrath. Got 50% of the trophies in one playthrough which is okay I guess. Dunno when I'll get back to it to get a few more.

Almost platinumed Wipeout 2048 for Vita. Looking forward to making that my first Vita plat. So close to Level 18 now, I'm comin for you "Sam Bishop", whoever the gently caress that is.

I'm taking it 2048 isn't anywhere as difficult as wipEout HD?

I was wondering this last night, does the Uncharted Vita game have that bonus/extras menus 1 and 2 had, with all the silly cheats and stuff?

Managed to clean up Uncharted3 last night. Pretty drat close with Ace Combat:AH and COD:BLOPS and GoW3. Not sure what I should try and finish up first.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Scyron posted:

I'm taking it 2048 isn't anywhere as difficult as wipEout HD?

I was wondering this last night, does the Uncharted Vita game have that bonus/extras menus 1 and 2 had, with all the silly cheats and stuff?

Managed to clean up Uncharted3 last night. Pretty drat close with Ace Combat:AH and COD:BLOPS and GoW3. Not sure what I should try and finish up first.

Vita uncharted doesn't have cheats or weapon select for me so far, but I haven't finished Crushing. Also, how the gently caress do you beat the QTE boss(es) on crushing? It just always says I'm wrong.

2048 is hard as gently caress, but I don't think it's quite as hard as HD.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Mug posted:

Vita uncharted doesn't have cheats or weapon select for me so far, but I haven't finished Crushing. Also, how the gently caress do you beat the QTE boss(es) on crushing? It just always says I'm wrong.

Vita Uncharted does not have the bonus menu.

For the QTE bosses you just have to keep throwing yourself at it. Personally I ended up just gliding my finger over it in short sharp taps. Like if it's an arrow pointing to the left, I just swipe left with the tip of my finger, but I only touch the screen for a split second. The touchscreen knows which way your finger is moving as it leaves the screen kind of.

Basically I make my swipes super fast and super light. Still ends up with errors, but I get further.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Mug posted:

drat! When I get a vita those are my go to games. Sounds like they will give me a lot of play then.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
Finally got that platinum and 100% on Mass Effect 2. Not a moment too soon since Mass Effect 3 gets here in 12 hours. Here's to trying to get the platinum in less than 2 years this time around. :D

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Mug posted:

It's a big-old PHP script with a MySQL database behind it. I am really terrible at web-design; my day-job is PHP coding and I've just been working on the goon trophy stuff while I'm at work between serving customers and working on work-related PHP stuff.

I can add "sort by" stuff really, REALLY easily, I just need to actually do it sometime when there's no customers for like 10 mins. I also need to add indexes to the database so it loads a fuckload quicker.

As far as font/design go, I'm not too sure what to do. I only know barely enough CSS and Javascript to make the basic stuff you see on the page at the moment (the Display Goons toggles on the Platinum Page). I love PHP but I hate doing design stuff.

edit: if anyone else wants access to the database for any reason to make cool stuff, that's okay with me too.

I'd help with it but I'm currently disabled and sitting at the computer for more than a couple of minutes is pretty painful.

Agentfortune
Jan 30, 2007

Now you see it, now you don't...Now you do again.. ha ha!
Great work on this Mug, as a relative newcomer to Platinum chasing this is awesome! In such esteemed surroundings, I'm happy with #68!

Fair play to the 4 who've got the Beat Zico trophy on Wipeout HD (which should be a platinum in itself), and in fact anyone who had the patience to grind out all of the multiplayer trophies on AC: Brotherhood.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
#220. Suck it, bitches. :smug:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I like how I haven't played the Playstation in almost half a year and yet I'm STILL #1 in platinum trophies. :smug:

Playing games almost exclusively on PC now yet still top platinum dog.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

I like how I haven't played the Playstation in almost half a year and yet I'm STILL #1 in platinum trophies. :smug:

Playing games almost exclusively on PC now yet still top platinum dog.

What's funny is that I did the opposite. I used to play almost exclusively on the PC (and built monstrously overpowered PCs to do this) but once I got my PS3 I switched pretty much exclusively to console gaming. PC gaming does have a lot of advantages over PS3 gaming still (like better graphics and mods) but as I've gotten older I've found that, for me, just being able to pop in a game and play outweighs all of that. The younger me would be horrified to hear that.

And the fact that now that I'm disabled I can lay down on my couch and play PS3 games rather than having to sit in a chair to play PC games has been another major factor in my transition.

Edit: The more I think about it, maybe Mug and the guy running the PS3 goon database should consider consolidating into one site. That would be pretty convenient.

...! fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 7, 2012

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

...! posted:

What's funny is that I did the opposite. I used to play almost exclusively on the PC (and built monstrously overpowered PCs to do this) but once I got my PS3 I switched pretty much exclusively to console gaming. PC gaming does have a lot of advantages over PS3 gaming still (like better graphics and mods) but as I've gotten older I've found that, for me, just being able to pop in a game and play outweighs all of that. The younger me would be horrified to hear that.

And the fact that now that I'm disabled I can lay down on my couch and play PS3 games rather than having to sit in a chair to play PC games has been another major factor in my transition.

Edit: The more I think about it, maybe Mug and the guy running the PS3 goon database should consider consolidating into one site. That would be pretty convenient.

I was gonna just give my trophy API to the guy running the goon DB but we are on totally different clocks and it was hard to find time to work together so I just made the scraper that automatically brings people from the DB into the trophy board.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
I'm trying to scrape the EU playstation site for way more comprehensive info. Does anyone have any idea what the URLs are to publicly viewable profiles on there? I can't find any, and I can't just limit this to scraping just my friends list.

Raptr know how to do it apparently, but I doubt they'll share.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hey Mug, thanks for the link. I put my details on the PS3/Vita goon list several weeks back, but on the leader board it has me at #364 but with zero trophies. Any idea why it's not picking me up? I should be at level 6, with 1 platinum (Saints Row: The Third). Right now my e-penis looks shrivelled and dangly.

Most of my games are on Xbox anyway, but I still love the idea of leader boards for extra motivation.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

Hey Mug, thanks for the link. I put my details on the PS3/Vita goon list several weeks back, but on the leader board it has me at #364 but with zero trophies. Any idea why it's not picking me up? I should be at level 6, with 1 platinum (Saints Row: The Third). Right now my e-penis looks shrivelled and dangly.

Most of my games are on Xbox anyway, but I still love the idea of leader boards for extra motivation.

Have you synched your trophies to the network? It doesn't do it automatically like the 360.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

You put a space in your PSN name on the goon DB IDIOT.
I'll change it in the database, hopefully it doesnt re-scrape and overwrite it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Gaseous Snake posted:

Have you synched your trophies to the network? It doesn't do it automatically like the 360.

Yeah my PS3 is online and I sync them every so often. Will go in and do it again manually now and see if that helps, but I know I have definitely synced a few times since signing up for that list.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

Yeah my PS3 is online and I sync them every so often. Will go in and do it again manually now and see if that helps, but I know I have definitely synced a few times since signing up for that list.

It automatically synchs just once, every time you sign into the PSN now, it has done it for a few months.

Anyway, I fixed your thing. Go to the PS3 goon database and remove that space from your PSN name just so it doesn't try to rescrape you.

edit: Doh, it rescraped you. Now there's two Parkingtigers. Oh well, atleast there's one that's correct. Your trophies will update in the next 10 or so mins.

edit 2: there you are, #224

Mug fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 7, 2012

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
woohoo #120!

I wish I platinum'd at all :(

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
#66. I guess that isn't too bad. I'm trying to platinum Wipeout 2048, I've already finished the campaign and all of the single player trophies. I'm on the 5th multiplayer campaign section but I still have yet to unlock 'Halfway There'.. Am I missing something? Hopefully this didn't screw up my platinum run because I'd really hate to be missing just one trophy :argh:

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Alright, getting in on this action.

e: looks like I will at least make top #100! (is this something to be proud of? :()

inset fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 7, 2012

Klaoth
Oct 21, 2010

Sleep, Nyan Cat, Lie in peace.
Lest the doors open wide,
And nyan unleashed on all.
I want to sort by # of platinums, this by level method isn't embarrassing enough. Oh well at least I can feel better now that I know one other goon got a platinum in Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Thanks for sorting me out Mug, much appreciated. I tried logging back into the PS3 goons site as you said, but it rejected every password I tried to give it but eh. Say, is there an Xbox Live leaderboard to match this? Most of my games are on there.

OMGzKakaniz posted:

'm trying to platinum Wipeout 2048, I've already finished the campaign and all of the single player trophies. I'm on the 5th multiplayer campaign section but I still have yet to unlock 'Halfway There'.. Am I missing something?

Aren't there 20 multiplayer sections? Halfway hasn't been reached yet. You're lucky, I only ever got 2048 online once, so I'm barely into the online campaign. Keep getting the same error message and I have to play without a network connection, so I don't even get the benefit of comparing lap times with others. Awesome game, but I hope they fix this soon.

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Mug, I could help you out, I know my way around JS, CSS, PHP, and MySQL, and can pull off some sort of a design too. I don't have platinum for pms but throw me an e-mail if you're interested, samoskau at the gmail thingy.

Edit: Had nothing else to do so I tried whipping out a simple design idea, feel free to use it if you want to.

Moskau fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 9, 2012

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice

Parkingtigers posted:

Aren't there 20 multiplayer sections? Halfway hasn't been reached yet. You're lucky, I only ever got 2048 online once, so I'm barely into the online campaign. Keep getting the same error message and I have to play without a network connection, so I don't even get the benefit of comparing lap times with others. Awesome game, but I hope they fix this soon.

I see what you mean. I guess I was reading it a bit more literal as just 10 matches. I had to switch memory cards and it had messed with some of my progress when I had started playing. Just wasn't sure if I had messed it up. I'm not sure why people are having problems... the online load time are ridiculous but I've never gotten an error besides the first day it was out.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

OMGzKakaniz posted:

#66. I guess that isn't too bad. I'm trying to platinum Wipeout 2048, I've already finished the campaign and all of the single player trophies. I'm on the 5th multiplayer campaign section but I still have yet to unlock 'Halfway There'.. Am I missing something? Hopefully this didn't screw up my platinum run because I'd really hate to be missing just one trophy :argh:

I'm halfway through level 17. It's taking so loving long. You gotta 'Finish first' all of them at this point.

Also, you don't have to Elite them for the trophies, just Pass. The two multiplayer complete ones are the only trophies I have left.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
Just got my 20th platinum, first Vita platinum.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

OK, I'm officially annoyed enough by the load time on this script that I want to fix it, pain be damned. If you don't mind me helping out, I'd need a copy of the PHP script and access to your FTP and mySQL servers. It would also probably take me awhile because my pain won't let me sit for more than a short burst at a time.

All that being said, if you want the help then send me an email at glitchtastic@gmail.com.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

...! posted:

OK, I'm officially annoyed enough by the load time on this script that I want to fix it, pain be damned. If you don't mind me helping out, I'd need a copy of the PHP script and access to your FTP and mySQL servers. It would also probably take me awhile because my pain won't let me sit for more than a short burst at a time.

All that being said, if you want the help then send me an email at glitchtastic@gmail.com.

Yeah no problemo bro. I'll be giving you access to a ton of SQL tables, just don't gently caress around with the other stuff in there. Can't be bothered restricting you to the trophy table.

Do you have an IM program, or use IRC? I'd rather chat if that's okay.

mendipbus
Mar 16, 2006
#96 - well I think I need to try and get some more trophys.

not bad though in the 100

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
Actually glitchtastic, I decided to not be lazy and I set up some dedicated accounts for you. Check your gmail, let me know if it doesn't come through.

Have fun with it, let me know if anything doesn't make sense. Email me for the quickest reply or join irc://irc.synirc.org/vita

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ohh I'm 12th! At least I will be when the database updates and adds me in. I thought I'd be way lower. Guess this shows I have no life outside of doing challenges in video games?

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Moskau posted:

Mug, I could help you out, I know my way around JS, CSS, PHP, and MySQL, and can pull off some sort of a design too. I don't have platinum for pms but throw me an e-mail if you're interested, samoskau at the gmail thingy.

Edit: Had nothing else to do so I tried whipping out a simple design idea, feel free to use it if you want to.

I'll use this design when I get home from work tonight, thanks a heap for this!

Anyone else who has stuff to contribute, please post. Glitchtastic is helping me with lots of stuff, too.

edit: I've moved everything to https://www.playstationgoons.com now. The link in the OP redirects to it automatically.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Man, went down to 130. Dynasty Warriors is killing me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

It blows my mind that I'm anywhere on this list these days. Work means I only play anything I'm not reviewing with only the lightest (we're talking 20 minutes, tops in most cases) glance. I guess I glance at more stuff than I thought.

Gonna move up a spot, though. Must.

• Locked thread