Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

And now I find that I'm listed with zero trophies again, along with some other goons. Seems the previous fix you did for me got unfixed somewhere. I did try and log into the PS3 goons page to fiddle with my username as you said, but it rejects every password I try and give it.

Fixed. Yeah it's the space in your name in the GoonDB. It had refreshed again a week or so ago and I forgot about you.

edit: oh crap, I just realized. If a new person gets added to the database, it's going to do the first scrape of them and think they earned all those trophies today and put them on the leaderboard.

I'll have to make some kind of exception for "First scrape" trophies or something. Bleh.

edit 2: Wait, no it doesn't. I already accidentally accounted for that via another method. Cool!

Mug fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Whoa, I didn't realize I bumped myself up to #2 for this month already! I guess I'll save the syncing of my current freshly earned trophies for a few days to give me an April headstart :ninja:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Ha! Knocked out a second platinum before the end of March! That brings the total to eleven.

I'm not sure I feel great about this, actually.

Ocular
Sep 20, 2005

I am currently saving up for BRATZ Forever diamonds set
This is pretty cool, I wasn't registered so I went ahead and did that, slipped in at #12, not bad. Time to get some trophs. Hell yeah.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ocular posted:

This is pretty cool, I wasn't registered so I went ahead and did that, slipped in at #12, not bad. Time to get some trophs. Hell yeah.

Oh it's so on son! :argh:

It's crazy that we are almost the exact same level yet you have 20 more plats and 40 more gold trophies than me. I guess my 500 bronzes more than you almost make up for that though.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
Okay, so it rolled over to April without too much trouble. Now just gotta make it so you can scroll back to past months.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus 7k XP already? Someone was saving up for the new month! Man I don't know why I care so much about this but I want to be on the first page damnit :argh:

Almost... There... sort of...

I wonder if I ended March as 2nd place or if someone pushed me off at the last moment.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
You just had to get this working again. 26th ain't bad, but having to click next page to see it just won't do. Gonna have to find some things to plat that I haven't yet.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
drat, I've only just stumbled across this thread - now I know why I've gotten so many friend requests in the past couple of weeks. A little depressing to see I'd need around 800-900 more trophies to move up to the top spot :(

Kirios posted:

I like how I haven't played the Playstation in almost half a year and yet I'm STILL #1 in platinum trophies. :smug:

Playing games almost exclusively on PC now yet still top platinum dog.
I also feel the need to point out this is no longer true.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Only just noticed this thread.

...#219 :smith:

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 2, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Whoa, getting the platinum in Bioshock yesterday pushed me all the way to #5 on the monthly.

I'll probably be going for the plat in Arkham Asylum next if it isn't too much of a chore. I heard some of the challenges can be brutal.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
After I got the BioShock plat, I bought the Japanese version and started working on the platting that too just to be a smartarse.

I got up to Steinman and moved on to other games.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
How hard would it be to keep track of each person's monthly totals, and the history? So I can see how I did this month, last month, whenever.

I have a strong feeling the answer is VERY, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
Speaking of request, is the "Most Platinumed Game!" feature going to make a comeback ? It was a nice way to see which games hooked people.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Dantes posted:

Speaking of request, is the "Most Platinumed Game!" feature going to make a comeback ? It was a nice way to see which games hooked people.

A great way to show off those really wonderful platinum trophies, like Man vs Wild and VANQUISH :smug:

Just finished Sly 1 plat the other day, that was something. Wont touch the other games but it was easy enough, if not a bit simple, but for an E10 rated game, that is a given. It was really nice to see the influences it played on inFamous, with the similar abilities and unlock/progression.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 11, 2012

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
Yeah, I was pretty pleased to get Sly 1 for free and just platinumed it the other day. It is ridiculously easy. I don't think a lot of thought was put into the trophy distribution because it's pretty nonsense. In a few spots you get multiple trophies just for doing one thing. The dumbest probably being getting a bronze for upgrading your shadow power for the first time and then immediately getting a silver for fully upgrading your shadow, because there is only one upgrade. Not to mention the bronze you get just for starting the game. Still fun though.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

How hard would it be to keep track of each person's monthly totals, and the history? So I can see how I did this month, last month, whenever.

I have a strong feeling the answer is VERY, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

It already is tracking it all, I just haven't added a way to scroll back to previous months or anything. It's all already in the database.

Dantes posted:

Once I found out there was quite a huge number of games missing from the us.playstation database, I became a lot less eager to bring it back.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mug posted:

It already is tracking it all, I just haven't added a way to scroll back to previous months or anything. It's all already in the database.

Oh really? That is awesome! I've been super curious how many I have gotten so far this month.

Agentfortune
Jan 30, 2007

Now you see it, now you don't...Now you do again.. ha ha!
Finishing Hannah Montana has bumped me to 7th in Aprils rankings currently! Ashamed to admit that I really enjoyed the full five and a half hours to platinum it!

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
So you should be. Even I haven't sunk low enough to get that one (yet).

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Who's the highest ranked goon without a platinum? Oh hey, it's me! #68, gently caress you platinum trophies.

edit: actually, gently caress you DOUBLE CLICK HERE (#60)

and, I just may have to platinum Borderlands. On my third playthrough, never beat it though due to 2 PS3 deaths

BlindNinja fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 21, 2012

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

#48 :toot:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
#25 once again, thank you Prototype and Saints Row 3 dlc. Although now that I've said this it will surely be short lived.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Mucilaginous and I are tied, but he is above me. You are going down, fucker.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

omnibobb posted:

Mucilaginous and I are tied, but he is above me. You are going down, fucker.

Heh, damned Alphabet.

Sorry I haven't still haven't added some basic features like scrolling back to previous months yet. I've been really busy on some other stuff.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Mug posted:

Heh, damned Alphabet.

Sorry I haven't still haven't added some basic features like scrolling back to previous months yet. I've been really busy on some other stuff.

Eh, I imagined it was because it has been his spot and I came up to him.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Weltnarok, your rear end is next.

Arctic Cress
Oct 23, 2010

Mug posted:

Once I found out there was quite a huge number of games missing from the us.playstation database, I became a lot less eager to bring it back.

Just logged on to Sony's site to find out a nice surprise, all the games it was missing from my account have now appeared. Assuming the same happened to other people, as well.

I can finally see my three platinum trophies there now, took them long enough!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I have stopped playing many games after i graduated, here's hoping i still have a decent score

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Arctic Cress posted:

Just logged on to Sony's site to find out a nice surprise, all the games it was missing from my account have now appeared. Assuming the same happened to other people, as well.

I can confirm this as well! :hellyeah::woop: Link to look up trophy lists on us.playstation.com

Now if they could bring back the Playstation app on Facebook. I miss seeing what random games showed up in each country on their world trophy tracker.

Oh no, down to #19 :saddowns: I was #11 last I checked. I've been burned out and haven't played much of anything in the last few months.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 30, 2012

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Why's it saying "May" already I'm about to get another platinum!

:arghfist::hitler:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

omnibobb posted:

Why's it saying "May" already I'm about to get another platinum!

:arghfist::hitler:

So that RedValtar guy gets off first place :argh:

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
Since I got so far ahead at the start of the month (thanks Trine for your 23 silver trophies), I was going to see if I could actually beat him. Yeah that didn't happen.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I had just earned like 3 plats in the first half of the month and then looked at the leaderboard.

"Yeah that's not gonna happen."

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Alright, I'm at #4 for the month and #54 overall.

51-53 aren't to far apart, so I should be on the second page soon.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Arctic Cress posted:

Oh nice! The script should have already picked up on this so it probably downloaded all the new games. I'll try to do something to display them soon. I'm working absolutely flat out on another project at the moment, unfortunately.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Suddenly the goon trophy leaderboard says I've got zero trophies. What?

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Revitalized posted:

Suddenly the goon trophy leaderboard says I've got zero trophies. What?

Seems okay now, magically fixed itself?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mug posted:

Seems okay now, magically fixed itself?

What sorcery is this!?

Yes it seems to have fixed itself, hurrah! Wonder why I wasn't loaded before? I remember seeing ParkingTigers (among others) next to my name in the 0 trophy moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Along the lines of Sly 1, Trine 2 is free for PS+ members and it has a silver, a bunch of gold, and a plat that are very easy to get. You don't even have to play through the whole game. It's a 5 hour time investment, tops.

I haven't sunk low enough to play Hanna Montana or Up, but I'll take some easy free trophies.

• Locked thread