Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Looking at my trophy list, I'm kind of surprised I'm the only one who has the RE6 plat. I guess most people who've played it just don't play mercs enough to get all the levelable skills topped off?

...! posted:

When I platted Borderlands 2 the other night, I looked on the notjerry leaderboard and found that I'm only the third goon to plat it. Come on, goons; the game's been out for forever now!

Borderlands 2 plat buddy. :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eunos
Nov 27, 2003

Overlord K posted:

Looking at my trophy list, I'm kind of surprised I'm the only one who has the RE6 plat. I guess most people who've played it just don't play mercs enough to get all the levelable skills topped off?

Borderlands 2 plat buddy. :hfive:

and crap :hfive: borderlands 2 plat buddy myself to you. I've been lurking this thread and just now realized that I was the first to plat B2. I've never been first at anything!! Although it's not so much a trophy of skill as it is a trophy of hard work. I overall suck at videogames.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Hey Jerry, is there any reason your leaderboard doesn't auto add those on the old leaderboard, especially since yours isn't even mentioned in the original OP and such. I had to search through posts when I first popped in this thread to see any real mention of it and such. You do a drat fine job though, you and Mug.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Hooray, ended the year at the top of the Dec. leaderboard. Probably the only time I'll be up there. I'm working on more substantial games now, so no more crazy boosts from 4-hour-to-plat games like Megamind. I never did get the Max Payne 3 plat though. One lousy pain in the rear end silver away.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Static Rook posted:

Hooray, ended the year at the top of the Dec. leaderboard. Probably the only time I'll be up there. I'm working on more substantial games now, so no more crazy boosts from 4-hour-to-plat games like Megamind. I never did get the Max Payne 3 plat though. One lousy pain in the rear end silver away.

Grrr. Well, now I'll never know where I ended up on the Leaderboard at the end of December since I'd not on Jerry's leaderboard since it's not pulling from the Goon Database and the playstationgoons.com one has already cycled to January and has no way of looking at previous months results. All I know is that I was somewhere up there due to getting the Platinums on all three PS2 Ratchet & Clank games through the HD Collection and all but the "Invite a friend to play against them" trophy and the Platinum in PS All-Stars Battle Royale. Oh well. :\

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Volfogg posted:

Grrr. Well, now I'll never know where I ended up on the Leaderboard at the end of December since I'd not on Jerry's leaderboard since it's not pulling from the Goon Database and the playstationgoons.com one has already cycled to January and has no way of looking at previous months results. All I know is that I was somewhere up there due to getting the Platinums on all three PS2 Ratchet & Clank games through the HD Collection and all but the "Invite a friend to play against them" trophy and the Platinum in PS All-Stars Battle Royale. Oh well. :\

I haven't touched playstationgoons.com is so long now, but I made this for you
http://playstationgoons.com/?forcemonth=2012-12

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Mug posted:

I haven't touched playstationgoons.com is so long now, but I made this for you
http://playstationgoons.com/?forcemonth=2012-12

Huh. Thanks. Force Month makes sense.

So, counting the 3rd Platinum from Up Your Arsenal and the last Gold to unlock it...somewhere between 6th and 4th. Not bad at all (drat you and your Australian times! I earned that Plat before 2013! :argh:).

But yeah, only been going by the old page since Jerry's apparently doesn't pull straight from the Goon Database and has no way to add one's self to it (since I guess it pulled from the PS Goons list for it's initial build, then stopped, or something.). Thanks though Mug, Was pretty much just curious to see where I would have ended up. Also, Jerry, since your list doesn't automatically just pull from the database, could you add mine to it? I'll send you a PM so I don't just clutter the thread more than I have.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
Hey, Jerry. Where do you pull your user list from?

My name aint Jerry
Sep 4, 2011

Good job with notjerry.org, Not Jerry. Here is not-a-trophy for you.

Mug posted:

Hey, Jerry. Where do you pull your user list from?

It's coming from the PS3 goon database too but a bug was keeping new user from being scanned ever. I'm fixing it now.

And here is Volfogg's page.

My name aint Jerry fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 2, 2013

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

My name aint Jerry posted:

It's coming from the PS3 goon database too but a bug was keeping new user from being scanned ever. I'm fixing it now.

Ah awesome, just making sure you weren't scraping mine; I'd be happy to just give you database access to mine if it were any use.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

My name aint Jerry posted:

Wooow. That's a dumb bug. Hope it gets fixed soon if you haven't already squashed it. Thanks by the way. Nice to see that I was just one trophy away from taking that 4th Place spot last month. All because I don't have anyone on my Friends List to invite to beat up (or be beat up by) in PASBR. That's the only trophy that I don't have for that Platinum, and those two probably would have put me at 4th with 4 games from 0% to Platinum in one month.

Well, back to the Technika Tune grind.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Volfogg posted:

Wooow. That's a dumb bug. Hope it gets fixed soon if you haven't already squashed it. Thanks by the way. Nice to see that I was just one trophy away from taking that 4th Place spot last month. All because I don't have anyone on my Friends List to invite to beat up (or be beat up by) in PASBR. That's the only trophy that I don't have for that Platinum, and those two probably would have put me at 4th with 4 games from 0% to Platinum in one month.

Well, back to the Technika Tune grind.

The game is cross-play isn't it? Might be able to find a dance partner in the Vita thread for that trophy.

Wait, Technika Tune is Vita isn't it? Then reverse what I said and look in the PS3 thread. Either way, you've got two potential bites at that cherry.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Parkingtigers posted:

The game is cross-play isn't it? Might be able to find a dance partner in the Vita thread for that trophy.

Wait, Technika Tune is Vita isn't it? Then reverse what I said and look in the PS3 thread. Either way, you've got two potential bites at that cherry.

It's more of a "I rarely give out my PSN ID to people anyways" thing, and the few people I know that actually do have a Vita either don't have PASBR on PS3 OR Vita, or they just don't respond when I send an invite when they're on. It's no big deal though, but I probably should add a couple cool goon bros to my PSN for things like that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm one trophy away from getting my first platinum ever. It'll be through Nier. I feel like it's been one hell of a first platinum to get. I also feel intensely sad about this development. This trophy comes with a price.:smith:

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I'm one trophy away from getting my first platinum ever. It'll be through Nier. I feel like it's been one hell of a first platinum to get. I also feel intensely sad about this development. This trophy comes with a price.:smith:

What did you leave for the last trophy in Neir? I got Ending D last.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish I had planned better. I'm having to get the "beat it in 15 hours" one last.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I wish I had planned better. I'm having to get the "beat it in 15 hours" one last.

Aaah yep, I got that just before Ending D after getting the full upgrades. Started a new game for it before doing final ending.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

Oh Nier, I really enjoyed getting that platinum. You can always back-up your save, just incase.

The 15 hours is really easy, especially if it's your last. you already know the game and really a speed run of the whole game took me like 7-8 hours. Absolutely enjoyed that game.

I'm now going trough the mass effect trilogy for the 1st time. i'm still on the 1st game, so that should be intressting.

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Just got the platinum for Spec Ops The Line so according to notjerry I should be the first to get it when the site updates! :)

There we go - http://www.notjerry.org/games/game/605 :smug:

Edit - Excellent set up on this whole Goon Leaderboard thing by the way, its great to see!

Temascos fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jan 15, 2013

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm going for my 50 hour online airtime trophy for ace combat: assault horizon by running my 2 ps3's and 2 copies of the game in parallel against myself, how low can I go? :negative: I hate these awful multiplayer trophies for games that are fairly niche. Granted joining some ace combat fansite and playing with hardcore fans in private games is an option, but that seems just as low for a trophy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Scyron posted:

I'm going for my 50 hour online airtime trophy for ace combat: assault horizon by running my 2 ps3's and 2 copies of the game in parallel against myself, how low can I go? :negative: I hate these awful multiplayer trophies for games that are fairly niche. Granted joining some ace combat fansite and playing with hardcore fans in private games is an option, but that seems just as low for a trophy.

That's pretty hardcore! But those trophies are also total BS so gaming the system like that is totally fair.

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
Ha ha. I just bought a new PS3 last month to replace my launch one and decided to do use it for some online MP trophies too. Hey, it's not my fault nobody's playing Critter Crunch.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Volfogg posted:

It's more of a "I rarely give out my PSN ID to people anyways" thing, and the few people I know that actually do have a Vita either don't have PASBR on PS3 OR Vita, or they just don't respond when I send an invite when they're on. It's no big deal though, but I probably should add a couple cool goon bros to my PSN for things like that.

This is a couple weeks old now, but I need to nab some PSABR trophies as well. I think all the ones I have left are online, and nobody on my friends list has it either. So if you still need that trophy add me and I can help. PSN: Static_Rook

Just picked up my first plat of the month. Midway Arcade Origins. Ugh. Every game in that collection had some kind of gimmicky control that just made it frustrating. I remember playing, or attempting to play, 720' in the arcade and never knowing what the hell to do. I stuck it out long enough to get the gold trophy from it now, but man, what a bad game. Looking on notjerry, only 2 goons - including me - have played it, so it's no big suprise I got the first plat. If anyone wants a decently easy 100%, rent it. There's a couple annoying trophies, but none of them took more than hour or two individually. Most took a few minutes.

With that out of the way I'm working on Dragon's Dogma, which is gonna take awhile. I'm still enjoying the game though so I don't think I'll get burned out. And I'm still trying to find the time to give that Max Payne 3 NYMH run another go. That 94% completion is taunting me!

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Finally got Just Cause 2 after putting 58 hours into the game. That 75% map completion was nuts. I had to take a few weeks off because I felt I wasn't going anywhere with the 0.01% increments.

The last 5% went by really quickly though, as I decided to not even bother collecting the packages anymore and just began reining death missiles on every military base I saw.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 22, 2013

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm struggling to get this 50 hour airtime mp trophy in Ace Combat. I managed to get about 30 hours out of the way, and I already had 24 hours clocked in (counting offline flight time) This is a pretty stupid trophy even with boosting 2 ps3s. Hell I hated the KZ2 mp but that was easier grind while at least still playing, this purely time based with no way to know how much time for online-specific mp flight time.

I'm just hoping Dead Space 3 and MGR have fairly easy trophies, or 0 grinding ones. With Gravity Rush also becoming a trudge, I might have to accept I can't 100% a lot of these games anymore, there are too many good games I leave half complete or can't just plow through while I am going through them.

I read NiNo Kuni is going to be a bit of a trudge for grinding, but I hear all of that stuff can be done after the main story is complete or something, so it doesn't sound like the player has to min-max on playthroughs for a platinum trophy.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.
So I just reached level 31. Still waiting for the email confirmation of their "hookers and blow" celebration package delivery. Was it only for level 32 or was I lied to ? I don't know... must keep playing I guess.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I see that a lot of you goons got the Fallout 3 and New Vegas platinums. How did you manage to pull that off with the PS3 version? I think I got to level 12 in Fallout 3 and the game became virtually unplayable. Massive frame loss, system lockups and freezes every 10 minutes. Maybe it's just my PS3. :shrug:

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Cardboard Fox posted:

I see that a lot of you goons got the Fallout 3 and New Vegas platinums. How did you manage to pull that off with the PS3 version? I think I got to level 12 in Fallout 3 and the game became virtually unplayable. Massive frame loss, system lockups and freezes every 10 minutes. Maybe it's just my PS3. :shrug:
See that as a statement of how good those games were ? The DLCs for New Vegas was particularly great as a whole.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dantes posted:

So I just reached level 31. Still waiting for the email confirmation of their "hookers and blow" celebration package delivery. Was it only for level 32 or was I lied to ? I don't know... must keep playing I guess.

Every time I feel good about getting another level I see you and Policenaut at the top of the list and the monthly leaderboards and I realize I'm just a poser.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Hal Incandenza posted:

Every time I feel good about getting another level I see you and Policenaut at the top of the list and the monthly leaderboards and I realize I'm just a poser.
Be grateful you can still work on improving your ranking, I will be third forever :(

Finally finishing Resident Evil 6 on Professional puts me top of the monthly chart for a bit at least.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ah, come on, man; I tell you this all the time, you lowly level twenty scum. :)

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Dantes posted:

See that as a statement of how good those games were ? The DLCs for New Vegas was particularly great as a whole.

Indeed. I beat both on PC, and I loved the games so much that I wanted to play them on PS3 as well. Really wish they didn't have such massive issues.

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least you're not 201st. The PS4 will come out before I ever get near the top 100.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Do you guys grind out a game 100% before going on to the next one?

I'm having a hard time wanting to finish up a few games at 54%-94%, mostly because they are single player only games/trophies, so I am inclined to save them for when I have no internet or get really bored one day.

I'm thinking I might be able to 100% ni no kuni, next week, or at least get Dead Space 3 and NNK done, before MGR comes out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Only for games that I really like and it's somewhat feasible for it to happen. I really like X-COM: Enemy Unknown but there is no loving way I'm getting 100% on that unless I somehow become a wunderkind, so instead I killed 170 hours on Way of the Samurai 4.

Don't try to 100% Way of the Samurai games, kids.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Scyron posted:

I'm having a hard time wanting to finish up a few games at 54%-94%, mostly because they are single player only games/trophies, so I am inclined to save them for when I have no internet or get really bored one day.
I kinda do the opposite. Single player grinds are great for me, I put a tv show or a movie on one screen, the game on the other and I can can indulge on twice the guilty pleasure in the same amount of time. Multiplayer won't let you do that as easily/at all.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
There was once a time when I was flipping games used to make a small profit to help buy my next game, and my goal was to 100% the game before trading it in. After grinding through Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 to 100% it before a trade-in bonus cut off date, never again. Also it helps me put a game onto a shelf once I 100% it. Just finished Resident Evil 6 :toot:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Scyron posted:

Do you guys grind out a game 100% before going on to the next one?

As long as it's feasible and I like the game this is what I do. I'll usually buy a single game, enjoy it to the fullest, and then buy a new one after I've completed it. Unless of course I don't like it, in which case I'll just sell it.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Fox posted:

Patience. A whole lot of patience between game crashes and freezes, and multiple save files.
I would not have done it if I didn't enjoy everything else about it.

I wonder how many registered goons got 100% on both games and all add-ons...
Only 4: Policenaut, ..!, Thundarr, and me

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 3, 2013

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Yechezkel posted:

I wonder how many registered goons got 100% on both games and all add-ons...
Only 4: Policenaut, ..!, Thundarr, and me

I'm hardcore when it comes to my Bethesda games. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003

Taratang posted:

Finally finishing Resident Evil 6 on Professional puts me top of the monthly chart for a bit at least.
So sorry.

"One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them"

• Locked thread