Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How exited are you now?
This poll is closed.
Really excited 76 46.34%
Kind of excited 16 9.76%
Not really excited 6 3.66%
My team sucks, why bother 6 3.66%
My team sucks, this is going to rule 51 31.10%
Which teams will be good, I need to know who to root for 9 5.49%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

xie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urCG4A4fa6k Actual video of Dinger Machine!!!

Love it. Love the crazy green walls even more now, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If my Hat Concept is A No-Go, I Require A Miniature Wi-Fi Variant that Moves Synchronously with The Mothership

Hell, I'd even take a USB powered one (make it flash drive or something).

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

tadashi posted:

With that much green space on the outfield walls, they could do some awesome video effects on those walls for the tv viewers.

More Dinger Machine. Or virtual aquariums.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

MorningView posted:

You know, some would just build one Dinger Machine and then have us rest on our laurels. After all, why keep trying? We've already done enough, they say. Well you know what happens then? The Japanese start building bigger, better Dinger Machines, and suddenly we're left in the dust. Is that what you want? Sub-par Dinger Machines? Because that's what the laurel resters want. Well, I won't let that happen. Not when it comes to America's Pastime. I demand constant Dinger innovation.

Baseball :patriot:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

It feels so good to follow Gameday again.

Baseball, Ladies and Gents. We have some loving baseball.

EDIT: Milone :swoon:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

CraigK posted:

I love this exciting new Mariners offense that only scores runs off of dingers

gently caress it, send the the Dinger Machine to the Mariners.

Nice avatar

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Holy poo poo what is this hahahaha.

Same some for the regular seashahahaha never mind

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

CraigK posted:

the YOSPOS cat thread is the best thread on the forums and I will fight all who say otherwise

I...didn't know it existed. Whoa.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I hate injuries :(

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

CraigK posted:

So on a scale of 1 to '62 Mets, how bad are the A's going to be this year?

Goin' with 2006 Cards

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mornacale posted:

The A's are not going to be as good as the '06 Cards.

My internet sarcasm sucks, sorry.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

davecrazy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urCG4A4fa6k

Behold ye mortals, and despair!

e: guess i missed this earlier

While beautiful, it should have been bigger. It should have been huge.

It should have blocked out the skyline. It should require its own retractable roof.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

I lost it when I noticed the behemoth outside of the ball park. Nicely done, should propose it directly to Loria.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Now in Morneau-O-Vision!

I laughed. I'm a terrible person :smith:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mornacale posted:

Y'all are thinking too small. The stadium itself should just be a giant dinger machine.

Senf posted:

It should require its own retractable roof.

:colbert:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

CraigK posted:

Ten million years from now, extraterrestrial beings will land on the decaying husk that was Earth, and the first thing they find will be the dinger machine

and their historybooks will note how we were a primitive, carbon-based lifeform that worshipped a pastel machine with flamingoes and dolphins on it

I love that if we were hit by a huge meteor tomorrow and all of us died, that this would have a chance of actually happening. I love that idea. So much.

(not really that would loving suck we have much better accomplishments I mean really)

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Cespedes deal is official :allears:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Ohhh is this why he wasn't playing yesterday?

Didn't actually come to the training facilities until today and finally took his physical. Had a hang up with his visa (who the gently caress doesn't) but yeah, there ya go.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Exodor posted:

Excellent. Now we just need to convince Paul Allen that baseball is super cool so he buys the team and moves it to Portland.

:getin:

The A's couldn't possibly be worse than the Blazers and hey, they come with a free Billy Beane.

You can't have them :colbert: And gently caress the Giants and their ownership. Stop being such fucks.

Lew Wolff came out and said he doesn't believe the report because he spoke to Selig after it was released, so yeah. We'll see guys. There's still hope for the San JosA's :smith:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

enuma elish posted:

To defend the Giants a little bit - it's not like they're just doing this to be dickheads. The Giants legitimately have a lot of fans in the South Bay and the A's moving there probably would affect that fanbase. And it's not the Giants' fault that Oakland (rightly) doesn't want to build a new stadium for the A's.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be an A's fan in that horrible stadium with little-to-no hope for a competitive team in the near future. But the situation isn't the Giants', or anyone's, fault as far as I can see.

On the other hand this is dumb as hell, given Giants' fans defense of Barry. Hilarious though.

Nope, gently caress the Giants. They're excuse is that they'll lose corporate support, but that's just not true. At all. In the least.

And it's not that Oakland doesn't want to build a ballpark, it's that they literally can't. The city has no money and now that redevelopment is dead in California, they're hosed. Coliseum City (look that bullshit up) is garbage and well, San Jose is the only eay now.

gently caress the Giants. You seriously can't defend them on a factual basis because they're being such greedy and smug fucks. Just give the A's that loving territory back.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

enuma elish posted:

Even if Oakland had any money, it still wouldn't make sense for them to build one, because it almost never makes any sense for cities to spend a ton of money on a stadium. And, yeah, in this climate when no city has any money it makes less than zero sense.

The Giants do have support in the South Bay, and ceding territorial rights down there probably would impact their fanbase and ultimately cost them money, I think. They're not blocking it just to gently caress the A's. Well, actually, that probably is part of it (and I am willing to entertain the notion that Giants ownership is terrible), but losing the South Bay would weaken the Giants' financial situation and it makes sense to me why the Giants wouldn't want to do that.

As Grozz Nuy said, ultimately it's about a bunch of extraordinarily wealthy guys not wanting to give up a couple bucks. It's a lovely situation, and I honestly do wish the A's were doing better and had a better stadium, because you need that poo poo. I just don't think it's fair to solely blame the Giants and I don't think they're being entirely unreasonable not giving the South Bay to the A's as an act of charity.

maybe I'm just afraid that the Giants will have to slash payroll (and/or that ownership will use this as a justification to slash payroll) and then everything will be terrible. that's probably it.

I have a feeling the Giants' plan goes more like this: the A's can't stay in Oakland, the A's can't move to San Jose, the A's leave the Bay Area, PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT. They would then single-handedly control one of the largest markets in the country.

Nearly a hundred big-time silicon valley companies came out and said they would still support the Giants if the A's were to move to San Jose. Sure, they may lose a few fairweather fans to the A's and their shiny new San Jose ballpark, but they would still own the majority of the market and they would still be the loving Giants. It's incredible just how lopsided the market share has become.

But I totally see where you're coming from, so no worries there. Greedy rich dudes wanting more money...not surprising.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

I totally feel bad for A's fans, I really do. I just don't get why any of this is surprising. Any owner in baseball would do the exact same thing if put in the situation that the Giants are in now. I mean, I don't like my team being the bad guy, but there's hardly anything I can do about it as a fan.

And that's why my frustration with this situation is directed at management and ownership, not the fans.

And it's not surprising, it's just frustrating. Extremely frustrating.

It's just odd that a team can more or less monopolize an entire county when they're not even the team closest to it. It's a hosed up system.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mr.Showtime posted:

I'm expecting both BP and Votto to be Jays by this time in 2014.

God that would be insane

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

davecrazy posted:

The Dinger Machine lords over all.

Oh my worrrrrrd. Yessssss.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

N: The A's have finally stood up and released a statement against the Giants and the ridiculous territory battle.

V: Good. gently caress the Giants' management/ownership.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I want a picture just like that one but with The Dinger Machine in focus instead.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I hope the Dinger machine has environmental sound effects like in the beginning of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. You know, some birds and assorted jungle sounds.

I don't even really know what a flamingo sounds like but I want them to loving roooooar

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Gonz posted:

I have decided that THIS would be the ideal audio to be played while the dinger machine is in operation.

Yesssssssssssssssss

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

unsanitary posted:

Whenever I play MLB the show I'm always a pitcher because pitching is cool and the best part of baseball :shobon:

I bet you probably focus all of your stat increases on picthing, though.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's the Dinger Machine, not the Gatorade Machine.

Or is it?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Zambrano will throw a bat 350 feet from the mound to the dinger machine and somehow it will explode as he stands cackling in the middle of fire.

That should be a Gatorade commercial.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

This was forever ago but I was around when it was posted and omg it's incredible. So incredible.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Imasalmon posted:

The pistol will be on the colt .45's replica jersey worn by the astros this season.

Hell yeah :slick:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

N: Only locally televised spring game of the year for the A's tomorrow and it's Cespedes' (7-12 with 2HR in two simulated games) official debut. And I'm home to watch instead of being stuck at work.

V: :woop: :woop: :woop:

VVVVV Omgggg

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Cabbit posted:

If that were the actual speed that thing ran at I'm pretty sure the stadium would take flight.

And then The Dinger Machine would finally find its way back to the Heavens.

Glory be to TDM.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Coliseum needs a dinger machine that is seriously just an 80 foot tall spinning blow-up of Cespedes' face.

And I need it as my avatar.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Cespedes hit one hell of a Trotsky today.

Yes he did. One hell of a swing, too.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Jagfire posted:

Yeah, he didn't miss ANY of that poo poo (were you there today?).

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Captain Tolerable posted:

As awesome as Yoenis Cespedes is, I feel bad for Coco Crisp, who is voicing why he should be the starting CF but no one is listening. :smith:

Crisp makes for a great trade candidate later on but yeah, the Cespedes signing kind of hosed the first half of the season up for him. I would love to see Crisp in center and Cespedes in left but, with the way things have been looking/sounding so far, we won't get that :smith:

We'll just have to wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

A friend of mine suffered a collapsed lung while walking down the street one afternoon and the doctor in the ER told him that his allergies triggered it.

So I'm going with bullpen cart.