Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rad
Aug 8, 2006
Hey Taiwan goons. Savage mainlander checking in here. As soon as my contact is up in Beijing, I might defect to Taiwan as it seems like a better place to live. I'm a teacher, FYI.

Any thoughts on which international schools in Taiwan with I.B or AP courses have the best packages/lifestyle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rad
Aug 8, 2006

quadrophrenic posted:

I was a tour guide for two years and I studied linguistics in college, so yeah I'm not too worried about the teaching experience. Classroom control is really the area I'm most worried about, because while I like kids I don't have any actual experience working with them or even dealing with them aside from seeing my 2-year-old nephew every couple of weeks.

I'm still nervous. I guess I've always heard the talking point that the interview is basically just checking if you have a clear American accent, and I was wondering if that's actually true.

The First Days of School by Harry Wong is a really good book for basic teacher stuff. You might even be able to download the PDF.

B-Rad
Aug 8, 2006
Does anyone know what the international schools pay in Taiwan? I am leaning towards Taiwan or Hk once my contract is up but I'm wondering if its worth it. Anyone have any first hand experience, or are most of you at language centres/public school?

B-Rad
Aug 8, 2006
And when girls wear them-- no matter how hot they are-- it makes them seem stupid and vapid to me.
对不对?