Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

Welcome to the Mass Effect series thread! The first game BioWare's highly successful and critically acclaimed space opera trilogy was released in November 2007, followed by the second in January 2010. The third and final part in the trilogy (though likely not the final game in the IP) came out on March 6, 2012 in the US and March 9 everywhere else. Thread title courtesy of Vincent Van Goatse, which we have been saving to use for like the past year.

:siren: The Extended Cut DLC is out! And trust me, you're gonna want to get this. :) :siren:

Please remember to use spoiler tags! Thanks in advance!

Mass Effect

quote:

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.

They called it the greatest discovery in human history.

The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.

Mass Effect centered around Commander Shepard, a member of the elite N7 branch of the Systems Alliance who goes on to become a Spectre, an agent of the Citadel Council. As a Spectre, Shepard journeys around the galaxy in her ship, the Normandy, chasing the rogue turian Spectre Saren, accompanied by six companions: Ashley, a human soldier from a disgraced military family; Kaidan, a human soldier with powerful biotic abilities; Garrus, a turian ex-Citadel Security member; Wrex, a krogan mercenary angry about the genophage, a salarian-inflicted disease causing the gradual extinction of his species; Tali, a young quarian trying to bring valuable knowledge to her people; and Liara, an asari archeologist and the daughter of Matriarch Benezia, a powerful ally of Saren.

Shepard eventually discovers that Saren is working as an agent of the Reapers, an ancient machine race that exterminates almost all life in the galaxy every 50,000 years. Though she is forced to leave a member of her squad behind to die, she perseveres and manages to save the Citadel from the Reaper Sovereign.

Here's Bioware's official Previously on Mass Effect video that tells the events of ME1, narrated by Martin Sheen. Here's an amusing video summary of the game, and here's the most important thing from Mass Effect 1.

Mass Effect 2

quote:

Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.

To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy's most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.

Mass Effect 2 begins two months after ME1, when a huge ship appears and attacks the Normandy. Most of the crew escapes, but Shepard sacrifices herself in order to save Joker's life. She wakes up and is told that she died, two years have passed, and she's been brought back to life by Cerberus (a humanity-first organization that Shepard fought in ME1) and their leader The Illusive Man, with help from genetically-perfect Miranda Lawson and ex-Alliance soldier Jacob Taylor.

Shepard learns that hundreds of thousands of humans have been kidnapped from colonies by the Collectors, a mysterious race from beyond the impassable Omega 4 Relay, and in order to go through it and stop them, she assembles a team of "the best of the best." She first recruits Mordin Solus, a genius salarian scientist; Garrus Vakarian, her turian companion from ME1 who has been leading a vigilante squad; Grunt, a "perfect" krogan; and Jack (Subject Zero), an incredibly powerful but unstable biotic. (Optionally, she also gets Zaeed Massani, a guddamn tough old mercenary with a grudge; and Kasumi Goto, the best thief in the galaxy.)

She then confronts the Collectors on Horizon colony, saving Kaidan/Ashley before recruiting more companions: Thane Krios, an expect assassin with a lifetime of regrets; Samara, an asari Justicar dedicated to hunting down her serial-killer daughter; Tali'zorah vas Neema, the quarian engineer Shepard worked with in ME1; and Legion, a unique geth with a thousand perspectives on the Reapers and "heretic" geth.

She obtains the technology necessary to pass through the Omega 4 relay, but the crew is kidnapped and she rushes through to find them. She and her team successfully navigate the base and learn that the Reapers have been using the Collectors to abduct humans in order to construct a human Reaper. Shepard destroys it before they can finish, and either blows up the Collector base or hands it over to the Illusive Man.

Shepard then gets a message from Admiral Hackett informing her that an agent disappeared in batarian space right after saying that a Reaper arrival was imminent. When Shepard goes to rescue her, she finds that the team has all been Indoctrinated and the Reapers are literally days away from coming through a Mass Relay and invading the galaxy. She is forced to destroy the relay by crashing an asteroid into it - one that's home to 300,000 batarians. Hackett thanks her for her help, but tells her that she'll have to face justice for what she's done.

Here's IGN's ME1 and 2 in five minutes video.

Mass Effect 3

The final game in the trilogy came out on March 6, 2012 and focuses on Shepard's attempt to unite the various races of the galaxy to stand against the Reapers. Here are a few trailers:

Classes:

Game mode:
A new feature in Mass Effect 3 are the three different ways to play the game.
  • Roleplaying - The regular Mass Effect experience. Enemies are normal strength and all conversations are directed by the player.
  • Story - Conversations are unchanged, but combat is significantly easier, for those who want to play the game for the story, not the shooting.
  • Action - All conversations play as cutscenes, with a mix of Paragon/Renegade options. Combat is unaffected.

Party members in Mass Effect 3:
Many party members are only in your squad if you didn't get them killed in Mass Effect 1's Virmire or 2's suicide mission.
  • Garrus - One of two party members who has been in Shepard's squad for all three games, Garrus is an ex-C-Sec turian who led a vigilante gang on Omega during the years Shepard was dead. After Shepard helped him escape the three gangs hunting him down, Garrus re-joined Shepard's squad.
  • Tali'Zorah vas Normandy - The other three-game party member, Tali is a quarian, a race forced to flee their homeworld after their robotic creations the Geth rebelled against them. They now live on the Migrant Fleet. Tali hopes to help her people retake their homeworld from the geth.
  • Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams: Whichever one survived Virmire has been promoted - Kaidan is a Major and commands a covert-ops biotic company, while Ashley is a Lieutenant Commander.
  • Liara T'Soni - A Prothean expert and biotic, Liara became the Shadow Broker, a powerful information dealer, and helps everyone out behind the scenes.
  • James Vega - A lieutenant in the Alliance, Vega has a quick temper and hotly defends Commander Shepard. After the events of Arrival when Shepard blew up a relay, Vega was recruited by Admiral Anderson to guard the brig and its prisoner, Commander Shepard.
  • EDI - The AI of the Normandy, EDI takes over a robot body and joins the squad in ME3.
  • Javik - Included in the DLC pack "From Ashes," Javik is the last living Prothean, locked in a stasis pod for 50,000 years. He's a badass warrior dude, but also kind of a dick.
There is a bug for players with Kaidan in their party where Gabby/Ken (the engineers), Javik, and Tali will not say a lot of their lines. (In fact Gabby/Ken get almost no lines in Kaidan playthroughs because of this bug.) Go here, the awesome Banjodark posted some instructions on how to fix it!

ME1+2 party members:
Pretty much everyone who survived ME1 and 2, including all your old squad members, will make an appearance in this game, which may include fighting alongside you for a mission or so.
  • Wrex - Wrex is now the leader of most of the krogan clans on the krogan homeworld of Tuchanka, if he survived Virmire in ME1.
  • Miranda Lawson - The woman who used to help run the Cerberus cell that brought Shepard back to life, Miranda left Cerberus at the end of ME2.
  • Jacob Taylor - A human with biotic abilities, Jacob is a former Alliance marine who worked with Cerberus, but he didn't always agree with their methods and definitely didn't trust The Illusive Man.
  • Mordin Solus - The very model of a scientist salarian, Mordin is a genius who helped modify the genophage to keep it working, and stopped his old student from curing it in ME2. He also has a lovely singing voice.
  • Grunt - A young krogan whose skill at killing his enemies is only bested by his enjoyment of it. He was made in a lab by a krogan warlord and considers himself the "perfect" krogan. You should be in awe.
  • Jack aka Subject Zero - An incredibly powerful (in cutscenes) human biotic who has plenty of issues with everyone and everything due to her difficult childhood, during which Cerberus experimented on her.
  • Thane - A drell assassin, trained by the hanar to do so since he was six years old. He is dying of a drell-only illness and feels guilt for all the people he's killed. He's also really not a fan of vents.
  • Samara - A Justicar, Samara took a sacred oath to punish the wicked and protect the innocent. Shepard helped her track down her evil Ardat-Yakshi daughter in ME2 and earned her trust.
  • Zaeed Messani - A human mercenary hired for the team by Cerberus. He's good at waxing guddamn nostalgic and getting his teams killed.
  • Kasumi Goto - A human and master thief, Kasumi is the only one who gets to call Shepard "Shep" and had a bar in her room on the SR2.
  • Legion is a geth with a personality - a thousand of them, in fact.

Important non-party member NPCs
  • The Illusive Man - The leader of Cerberus. Few people meet him in person, and nobody knows who he really is. As far as you know, his goal is to further humanity's interests in space and to prevent their destruction by the Reapers.
  • Joker - The wisecracking pilot of the Normandy in all its incarnations, Joker has brittle bone disease, which makes walking difficult. But he's the best pilot in the fleet and always has a joke about the adventures Shep goes on.
  • Anderson - A career soldier, Anderson was the human representative on the Council (or the assistant to the councilor), but the red tape and general powerlessness frustrated him so much that he quit. He's now back in the Alliance, kicking rear end full time.
  • Udina - Yooumanity's representative on the Council since Anderson's resignation. I still think he deserves everything he gets.
  • Admiral Hackett - The top-ranking Alliance official, Hackett and Anderson are two of the only people who support Shepard in pretty much everything she does. He's a real badass and does everything he can to help you fight the Reapers.
  • The Citadel Council - The leaders of all known space, the Council is usually made up of a representative from the asari, turians, salarians, and humans (added at the end of ME1). They are not exactly the most helpful bunch and tend to dismiss all :turianass: claims :turianass: makes.

Love Interests/Romances
It wouldn't be BioWare without awkwardly-rendered sex scenes! (This coming from the girl with the Kaidan avatar. :shobon: )
femShep romance options: Kaidan, Liara, Garrus, Samantha Traynor, Diana Allers. Thane/Jacob do not count toward the Paramour achievement. -_-
manShep romance options: Ashley, Liara, Miranda, Jack, Tali, Kaidan, Steve Cortez, Diana Allers

Helpful Links
  • Need saves from ME1 or 2 so you can see the result of different choices? Goon Annakie runs Mass Effect Saves and Mass Effect 2 Saves. All saves are organized by Shepard's gender, Paragon/Renegade, and major decisions made. She also has a list of mods for download.
  • Want to edit your ME2 game or create custom ME1 saves to play with? Download Gibbed Save Editor. It works for both PC and xbox. ME3 one coming soon. His save editor supports .xbsav's if you use a program like like Modio. Here are gibbed's website and twitter.
  • Have a question about characters/quests/basic game mechanics? Please read through the next two posts. Keep in mind that we talk about these games a lot so your question has probably already been asked.

Goons are chatting in synirc room #masseffect, and I hear everyone is trying to keep it spoiler-free.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer:
We have a ME3 multiplayer thread, but here's the main info:
  • For everyone (especially PC players), here is a list of players and usernames to add, and here's the page to add yourself to the list.
  • For 360 players, we have a coop metatag, send friend requests to EDIpous Wrex. After you're added as a friend there, you can look at the friends list of that tag for other goon players to invite.

Want to discuss the ending? I'm sure you do; we all have a lot of feelings about these games. Check out the Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread: Blasto kills Harbinger so that we can keep this one mostly about the rest of the story.

Count Choculitis fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

News/Updates
  • Any contributions to the tips, Readiness/Assets, or quest help sections would be appreciated, just post them (with my username in the post if possible) and I'll hopefully catch it and add them. :)
  • There's now a Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread: Blasto kills Harbinger for ending discussion!
  • The Mass Effect Datapad app is now available for iPhone/iPad. The codex, Alliance News Net, some Galaxy at War stuff, and messages from characters commenting on quests you've done (as long as you hook it up to your EA account) are all included.
  • The SA front page did an article (warning: spoilers) about ME3.
  • :siren: The free Extended Cut DLC is coming out on Tuesday, June 26. It will (HOPEFULLY) provide clarity and closure on the endings.:siren: They're still saying that the endings will not be changed, only clarified. So far we know that no one starves to death, the Relays didn't blow up, and the Citadel wasn't destroyed.

General game tips:
  • Some sidequests will be failed if you don't do them before a certain point. After your first really important mission (maybe five Priority missions after Earth - you'll know it when you hear about it) where you deal with the genophage on Tuchanka, the sidequests you got before that will be grayed out. So make sure you do sidequests first.
  • New quests on the Citadel unlock at these points: after your first visit; after Palaven; after Sur'kesh; after Tuchanka (see above - completing this will gray out many sidequests); and after Rannoch.
  • If you look at the map, important people's names will come up under a number and tell you the general area where to look for them. This includes quest NPCs and is really helpful on the Citadel.
  • You can also scroll through all maps for an area (like the Citadel and the Normandy), so you can see all of them even when you're not in them.
  • Highlighted/flashing clusters on the galaxy map mean you have a quest there.
  • Your crew moves around and interacts with people other than you(!) - check the map when you're on the ship or the Citadel for extra (awesome) conversations with them.
  • If a crew member says they want to talk with you privately, head up to your cabin and select the Intercom button on your desk, next to your computer.
  • Go to Shepard's room and choose the third option (Squad) at the terminal. Now you have an "Info" button. It will show you that each appearance has a slightly different bonus (for instance, Liara can choose either +25% damage on her biotics or +25% recharge speed).
  • You can buy an automatic fish feeder on the Citadel so all your fishies can survive!

Help! I didn't play ME1 and/or ME2! Am I totally screwed?
Maybe, but most likely not! If you go for a straight-up New Game with no import, you do miss out on a LOT of stuff - including characters, quests, romances, and War Assets, plus it'll be a lot harder to get some stories to play out as you want them to since they're affected a lot by ME1+2 stuff. You can find information on what choices transfer on the Mass Effect Wiki, and Banjodark compiled a list of exactly what choices a non-import Shepard made.
So obviously, the best thing to do would be import a save. You have a few choices:
  • Buy and play the first two games. Obviously this is the best choice - you'll appreciate the story and callbacks (of which there are a million) in ME3, plus get things to happen just as you want. ME1 is available for PC/Xbox, while 2 is on PC/Xbox/PS3. ME1 can be beaten very quickly if done on Casual, especially if you know which quests affect the next two games, and while the combat is a bit dated, it's still a great game.
  • If you're on PS3 (or buy it as DLC), you can use Genesis to make a few ME1 decisions (love interest, Rachni Queen and Wrex's fates, whether Kaidan or Ashley survived Virmire, whether or not to save the Council, and who the new Councilor is).
  • Download a save from Mass Effect Saves or Mass Effect 2 saves. Run by the amazing Annakie, you can find saves with every possible choice - including romance, Paragon/Renegade, DLC, etc. You can also convert these saves from PC to Xbox.
  • Custom-edit a save with Gibbed's Save Editor, for PC or Xbox. Download the fan-made updated version or the original. Here's some info on how to use it.

Readiness/War Assets
  • Your War Assets score is the combination of all the fleets, people, and resources you gather in ME3. Depending on your actions, these point values will change.
  • For example, telling some NPCs on the Citadel to volunteer in the Alliance will make certain Alliance assets stronger. Other decisions may lower point values. You also gain War Assets by doing quests like N7 missions and the "Citadel: find [random item]" ones.
  • Your choices in previous games will affect the assets as well. If you saved the Council in ME1, the human fleets will be weaker because you sacrificed them to save the Destiny Ascension; however, you'll also have the Destiny Ascension war asset.
  • Obviously you want your War Assets score to be as high as possible.
  • Your Readiness score is based on multiplayer. It starts at 50% and goes up a few percent at a time when you play the different maps because you're securing various areas that were lost in the war but retaken by Shepard.
  • War Assets are affected by Readiness. If you have 6000 Assets and 50% Readiness, your total assets in the end will be 3000.
  • You do not have to do multiplayer to "win" at the end of the game. However, the ending does change depending on how many Assets you have, so the more the better.
  • Here's a list of all the possible War Assets and War Assets organized by cluster. And here's a handy image version.
  • Hopefully I will find a list of how to get the most possible war assets from ME1+2 decisions.
  • :siren: In order to get the "perfect" ending, you need 4000 if you persuade The Illusive Man successfully in your final confrontation (see the FAQs for how to do this), or 5000 if you fail to use the final renegade or paragon option. Reaching this mark is impossible without doing multiplayer not that it really matters anyway...

Count Choculitis fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 22, 2012

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

FAQs/Quest help
The items you need for Citadel: quests can be found when you go scanning systems, but they can also sometimes be purchased from the Spectre Requisitions terminal in the Embassies if you missed them, so don't forget to check there.
  • The quests Grissom Academy: Emergency Evacuation and Tuchanka: Turian Platoon/its followup Tuchanka: Bomb are on secret timers - if you wait too long to do them, you fail.
  • Citadel: Hanar Diplomat: The locations are a pain to find until you've memorized them. Also it bugs if you leave the Citadel before finishing it, so do it all in one run. 1) Talk to Jondum Bau outside the Spectre offices, then go inside the office to meet up with Kasumi. 2) Head to the Spectre Terminal and enable "Hanar Embassy Tracking." 3) Go to the far other side of the Embassies zone near the Office Suite (#5) and use the terminal there. 4) Go to the Docks Holding Area, there's a terminal to your left as you enter. 5) Run to the opposite side of the Docking Bay near the number 4 for your next terminal. 6) Go back to the terminal from step four, the one near the elevator. 7) Head to the Office Suite, where your first terminal was, to do the last stage of the quest.
  • Aria: Blue Suns: Talk to Darner Vosque in the Docks. To Renegade finish this, you can kill the general (Oraka, in the Commons). To Paragon, you need to talk to Oraka (#4), who says he needs new weapons; then talk to the shopkeeper Kannik at the far end of the Commons, who wants artifacts. Go scanning systems (it'll pop up on your galaxy map telling you where to go), then return to the shopkeeper, then the general, then Aria.
  • Aria: Eclipse: Aria wants you to release the leader of Eclipse, but she's nuts. Talk to Bailey in the Embassies. He'll send you to the Commons to talk to C-Sec Assistant (#5) who will hook you up with the merc leader Jona Sederis. She'll reference her second in command, Sayn. Paragon: You can go to the Holding Area and get Sayn to take command of Eclipse. Renegade: Make Bailey let her out anyway.
  • Benning: Evidence: This guy's son has vanished and he needs to know what happened. Once you receive the mission on Benning, look around the area to the right of the landing pad - near the back, there are some dogtags on the ground.
  • Matriarch Aethyta (the asari bartender from Illium in ME2) can be found on the Citadel at the Apollo restaurant in the Commons, but only after completing Citadel: Biotic Amp Interfaces, which you hear about in Huerta Memorial Hospital. This must be done before (spoiler warning) Priority: Tuchanka and the events that follow it.
  • Priority: Rannoch: To fight the Reaper at the end, use the targeting gun, point at its "eye," and hold the right trigger down. Keep in mind that the gun takes time to recharge. Start on one end of the platform. As the laser shoots at you, roll in one direction and keep the trigger pulled as the targeting beams close in, they will fire automatically once it's been long enough.
  • End of Priority: Rannoch: The ability to broker peace between the geth and quarians is based on a point system. With five or more points, you can get the two groups to cooperate.
    1) Did you do the mission to save the admiral? (+1)
    2) Did you save the admiral, rather than saving the civilians? (+1)
    3) Did you destroy the Geth station in ME2? (+2)
    4) Did you stop Tali from getting exiled in ME2? (+2)
    5) Did you make peace between Tali and Legion in ME2? (+1)
    If so, allow Legion to begin the upload, then pass a Paragon check to convince the quarians to stand down.

• Endgame: Talking down The Illusive Man: In order to talk him down on the Citadel, you must have taken every single Paragon/Renegade option while talking to him, including ones from previous conversations. The most-missed one is on Mars, when an "Investigate"-type question to him will unlock another Paragon/Renegade response. If you don't hit every one of these (and have high Para/Rene and Reputation scores), you will be unable to talk him down.

Squadmate unique banter
One of the greatest things added to Mass Effect 3 was the massive amount of unique dialog for squadmates, both on the Normandy and on regular missions. Make sure to run around the ship and talk to each of your party members after every mission, since they now have conversations and move around without Shepard telling them to. Certain people also have unique lines on certain missions, but the N7 missions don't really have any plot content, so feel free to use them to test squadmate combinations.
  • Garrus usually has unique lines on quests that involve squadmates from Mass Effect 1+2. If you're romancing him, make sure to bring him to Grissom Academy.
  • Grissom Academy: Take Garrus if you romanced him. Take EDI, especially if Jack survived ME2 and/or if you completed the Project Overlord DLC.
  • Sur'kesh: Liara and Garrus have great lines with Wrex and others on this mission.
  • Tuchanka: Turian Platoon: Garrus and Javik have interesting banter.
  • Priority: Tuchanka: Liara has unique comments, and Garrus has some great lines with Wrex.
  • Attican Traverse: Krogan Team: Javik has some interesting comments.
  • Priority: Geth Dreadnought. EDI has a lot of good lines and interaction with Tali and Legion there.
  • Thessia: Liara is mandatory, and Javik has a ton of special lines here.
  • Sanctuary: EDI has interesting comments if you check out the video consoles.
  • The Illusive Man's base: Take Kaidan/Ashley, especially if you're romancing them.

Count Choculitis fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 1, 2012

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You forgot to post the most important thing in the OP!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUO_5EALZoM

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Please change title to "Blue Oyster Cult was Wong", thanks.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm going to start playing in 27 minutes. Does the startup give you an option to load an ME2 save from windows explorer?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

This man speaks the truth.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

WAR FOOT posted:

Please change the title to "Looks like you fuckers invaded the Wong planet", thanks.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

^^ Haha this.

WAR FOOT posted:

RIP. :cry:

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Raphael Sbarge (Kaidan) is being interviewed right now on BiowareTV: https://www.livestream.com/biowaretv

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
What... is this thread title??

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Dan Didio posted:

Please change the title to "Looks like you fuckers invaded the Wong planet", thanks.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

After what just happened, I wish the thread had been titled "Mass Effect 3: Blue Oyster Cult Lied and Emily Wong died"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

oh god, 1:30 AM, 30 min to go :stare:

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dan Didio posted:

The BOC title is nice and all, but this really, really needs to be the thread title.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Two days and nineteen hours for me. New Zealand, and I'm getting a hard copy CE so no preload shenanigans. :(

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ravana posted:

The BOC title is nice and all, but this really, really needs to be the thread title.

Yes, but see the BOC title has history going back at least a year!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I've never felt so loved and accepted for my lovely puns.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Time to see if it lives up to the hype! I'm hopeful for a game at the very least on part with DA2.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
RIP Emily Wong! :cry:

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Annakie posted:

I'm gonna avenge the gently caress out of her.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Sorry to interrupt tertiary NPC/punching bag chat but how do I make my ME2 save file work with this game? Just the save file, I didn't keep the game installed.

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, but see the BOC title has history going back at least a year!

You are a monster if you cannot understand the glorious martyring of the Holy Lady of the Vanguards.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Annakie posted:

So I take it this is a spoiler thread? :(

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ravana posted:

You are a monster if you cannot understand the glorious martyring of the Holy Lady of the Vanguards.

She was a pretty lovely Vanguard, didn't even put enough points into it for full shield regen

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

kevdude posted:

Spoilers from the game will be tagged. Emily Wong died as part of the marketing.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Just to confirm, you can change classes from an imported ME2 save, right? Right?! :ohdear:

kevdude posted:

It's not really a spoiler.

e;fb

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

She's not a spoiler, so much as a hood ornament.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Ravana posted:

"For justice! For peace! For Emily! We have come home!" - John J. Shepard.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Trapezound posted:

It's not really a spoiler.

Whoops! RIP.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
godspeed Ms. Wong

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
So what are the chances of any of the bonus DLCs being free again tonight? Sadly I don't have Tuesday off from work and I should have some sleep tonight.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

Sorry to interrupt tertiary NPC/punching bag chat but how do I make my ME2 save file work with this game? Just the save file, I didn't keep the game installed.

If you are on PC, http://www.masseffect2saves.com/import.php do steps 1-5.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

It's not really a spoiler, Emily's been tweeting her attempted escape from the Reapers for the last two hours

e;fb drat you slow rear end iPhone!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ravana posted:

That is why we must have a thread title that both condemns the reaper indoctrinated classical rock band* and acknowledges the glory of Our Lady.

*Perhaps cowbells are reaper indoctrination devices?

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

kevdude posted:

Emily Wong died over Twitter 45 min ago.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
The downside to playing a game on/just before release is that should I be stuck on a quest, I can't look up any directions.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

A second Skyvan has just hit the Citadel.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I am now closing this thread to honor our fallen hero Emily Wong.

She was in the right place at the Wong time.

:911:

I think I love you. :love:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

thetrin posted:

Emily Wong died over Twitter 45 min ago.

To the inspiration of vanguards and CNN anchors alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm all ready to save the earth, punch nosy reporters and clumsily flirt with my subordinates. Maybe not in that order.

edit: save the earth by slamming into people like a freight train over and over again.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 6, 2012

• Locked thread