Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

blue squares posted:

No option to open a save file. What folder do I need to create so that they can find my file I made with the save editor?

This, this needs answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
On PC, follow steps 2-5: http://www.masseffect2saves.com/import.php

Karlious
Jul 19, 2010
Nap Ghost

Jackie D posted:

This, this needs answered.

C:\Users\(Your Profile Name)\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save\John_12_soldier_010910

Create this structure (Windows 7), this worked for my import.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Quick question About the R&D girl
Where do I find her toothbrush?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
:siren::siren:THE SHEPARD VI IS ON THE CITADEL:siren::siren:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

1stGear posted:

:siren::siren:THE SHEPARD VI IS ON THE CITADEL:siren::siren:

Yessssss

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

kevdude posted:

Unlocked on Origin. See you guys in a week.

e: ugh can't connect to EA servers now. COME ON.

Connecting to EA...

Can I have Steam back now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tehgrif posted:

Connecting to EA...

Can I have Steam back now?

Just wait ~3-4 minutes, it'll go through.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

loving aces EA.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
When I try to launch the game I get a 'Mass Effect(TM) 3 has stopped working' error message with the following details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: MassEffect3.exe
Application Version: 1.1.5427.4
Application Timestamp: 4f46d052
Fault Module Name: awc.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.2.4.6
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ee2521d
Exception Offset: 0008342f
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 636e
Additional Information 2: 636ed4ad6e2ce5a3e01564e40133fee8
Additional Information 3: 61e2
Additional Information 4: 61e20e96bfcd8b3479be5a6b63429556

Anybody know what is up? Demo worked perfectly fine so this is kinda annoying.

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

kevdude posted:

Just wait ~3-4 minutes, it'll go through.

Yeah went through after about 5. I don't see why it's so hard for them to see the amount of preorders, and make sure they can accept connections faster than 1 per 5 minutes.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

tehgrif posted:

Yeah went through after about 5. I don't see why it's so hard for them to see the amount of preorders, and make sure they can accept connections faster than 1 per 5 minutes.

All I get are "servers are unavailable" messages for the last 15 minutes.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Dan Didio posted:

Try logging into your origin account on the bioware site and checking your 'entitlements' page.

Thanks I got it now. Origin sent the email with the codes on at 11 central. I guess I should have assumed that they would do that, since I unlocked the game early. Now I get two new weapons, yay!

edit: And I don't understand what the problem is with the face imports. All of mine came out fine, and I'm on the PC. In fact I think my custom face looks better than it did in 2.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So on the PC, can you import from any post-Collector (this better not be a loving spoiler) save-game? Because I just went and reloaded my Adept and oh God what did I do to his face :gonk: So I used Gibbed to swap in the default face because at least that doesn't look like :pwn: Can I import from that modified save file? Or only the one directly after the final mission?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I heard your armor (and weapons?) carry over from ME2. Where can I buy these at?

Snowman95
Nov 25, 2004
Mass Effect 3: Headbuttin' reporters and making boondoggles

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rirse posted:

I heard your armor (and weapons?) carry over from ME2. Where can I buy these at?

Probably the Citadel or Spectre Requisitions. The Reckoning armor just gets mailed to you, though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anybody else having an issue with the game just randomly minimizing every minute or so for no reason?

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Rirse posted:

I haven't found it yet. You certainly don't start with your armor from 2. I saw the inferno armor for sale, but not my awesome Aegis armor or archon visor yet :(. Also don't have my full arsenal of weapons from 2 either. I guess I'll see as I keep playing.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Does my renegade face transfer from ME2? It didn't look like it when I did my import...

edit: what the gently caress it doesn't? it's not red in the first scene. what was the point of my face going red in the 2nd game then?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Holy gently caress I'm about to just go rob Wal-mart.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

IT'S SO SHINY I'M GOING TO DIE. :neckbeard:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Does my renegade face transfer from ME2? It didn't look like it when I did my import...

edit: what the gently caress it doesn't? it's not red in the first scene. what was the point of my face going red in the 2nd game then?

You can go red in ME3. Paragon/Renegade got overhauled and imports get their scores reset to reflect the change.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Assuming I preordered this off PSN when is it likely to be available and how do I go about downloading it? It's the only system I still own so I'm hoping it's not as godawful as ported ME2 was

I'm almost 30 and have a corporate job to be at tomorrow. Half of me wants it now and the other half fears the all-nighter

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm in Australia and have the day off tomorrow, so I figure a little ME3 would be a great way to spend my night.

Does anyone know if EA is accepting of proxies to unlock games early? I've never had or heard of anyone having problems with Valve and Steam, but knowing EA's rocky history and how they've treated customers in the past I want to be pretty sure that I'll be ok and that my account won't be banned.

Thanks for any info in advance.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Schubalts posted:

You can go red in ME3. Paragon/Renegade got overhauled and imports get their scores reset to reflect the change.
I forgot about that. Wasn't it because of some glitch or the game just wasn't able to carry over paragon/renegade points between the 3 games?

The Year 20XX
Mar 26, 2008

Minimal typos.
Cool, I can't load my save because it's saying I'm missing From Ashes even though I bought the Digital Deluxe edition. :negative:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

As an Australian who must wait to pick up his hardcopy N7 Edition on Thursday at 9:00am (that's 2:00pm Wednesday US time), may I just say... gently caress you all. With a Dragon's Tooth. And no lube.

Seriously, enjoy your early release date. I'll be back once the Reapers have been crushed beneath Kara Shepard's heel. Here's the the end of a long drat wait.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a separate console and PC thread? I'm absolutely sick of people trying to get custom save games, unlock the game a few hours early, or (soon to come) editing/hacking the game to get whatever.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

BreakAtmo posted:

As an Australian who must wait to pick up his hardcopy N7 Edition on Thursday at 9:00am (that's 2:00pm Wednesday US time), may I just say... gently caress you all. With a Dragon's Tooth. And no lube.

Seriously, enjoy your early release date. I'll be back once the Reapers have been crushed beneath Kara Shepard's heel. Here's the the end of a long drat wait.

Amerigoon here who has to wait until Thursday for it to arrive via UPS. I feel your pain.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

King Bahamut posted:

Assuming I preordered this off PSN when is it likely to be available and how do I go about downloading it? It's the only system I still own so I'm hoping it's not as godawful as ported ME2 was
They're supposed to be making it available at midnight PST. You will download it off the PSN, where you preorder it from. Just go to the game's page again.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Ugh, why couldn't they keep the facial import.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How does using gibbeds save editor work with Xbox saves?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I just want to know if I can pick the save game I import from :(

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, you get a list of careers, then a list of every save for that career. It lists your major choices on the right side of the screen.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The DLC Squadmate loving owns bones.

The fact that the protheans turned out to be a bunch of imperialist assholes who gave zero fucks about anyone except themselves was a pretty interesting twist

Make sure to bring him to Sur'Kesh his dialog with Wrex is pretty awesome

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Chasiubao posted:

I just want to know if I can pick the save game I import from :(
Yes, you can. It gives you a list of all of the viable saves.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yes, you can. It gives you a list of all of the viable saves.

So fearless Joe Shepard defeats the Collectors and then spends the next 20 save games dicking around the galaxy; do I get to choose from any of the 20 save files?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bolow posted:

The DLC Squadmate loving owns bones.

The fact that the protheans turned out to be a bunch of imperialist assholes who gave zero fucks about anyone except themselves was a pretty interesting twist

Make sure to bring him to Sur'Kesh his dialog with Wrex is pretty awesome

So the mission where you Get the Prothean dude from the stasis cell is the DLC? I didn't even check. I just saw the planet had something on it I could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So, I have a question. I was trying to upload my save, and while it had all the questline info, my facial appearance didn't transfer over. I didn't mind remaking her, but I was wondering if anyone else is/was having this problem?

• Locked thread