Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kajeesus posted:

There's also a third outcome where Jack is alive but you don't do Grissom Academy

:cry:

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm curious what this is, but I don't want to do a whole playthrough of ME3 to find out; can someone spoil it for me?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm curious what this is, but I don't want to do a whole playthrough of ME3 to find out; can someone spoil it for me?

She comes back as a some sort of Banshee-like creature calling out your name as she tries to kill you. Captured and mutated by the Reapers. :sigh:

Good times.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Drifter posted:

She comes back as a some sort of Banshee-like creature calling out your name as she tries to kill you. Captured and mutated by the Reapers. :sigh:

Good times.
She's a phantom, not a banshee. Banshee's are the asari husks, phantoms are brainwashed biotic ninjas.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, Drifter's probably thinking of Morinth, who ends up like that if you let her live in ME2.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
More importantly, you also find a tape of her being tortured by Cerberus until her mind is broken. It's pretty grim.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kajeesus posted:

More importantly, you also find a tape of her being tortured by Cerberus until her mind is broken. It's pretty grim.

Jack also gets to watch her students either die or be subjected to the same Cerberus torture she got during childhood before she's broken into a mindless tool herself. It's basically everything they could think of to roll into Jack's worst nightmare.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kajeesus posted:

Oh that does it.

1 - Don't upgrade the ship defense and see her die.

2 - Alter the save so she lives. Then send her into the ducts or something. Let her die again.

3 - Alter the save so she is alive in ME3 so I can hear those sweet sweet torture tapes.

That's assuming I can stomach playing 3 again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ME3 is the greatest game ever released. You should be champing at the bit to replay it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm quite enjoying the ME3 LP. That's enough. Well, I was enjoying it. It got me to replay 1 and 2. But I'm done watching now because of reasons.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I don't know enemy types. :shrug:

They are all pretty much the same to me in terms of force-lifting them and then force-pushing them out of orbit or into walls.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Drifter posted:

I don't know enemy types. :shrug:

They are all pretty much the same to me in terms of force-lifting them and then force-pushing them out of orbit or into walls.
Aren't banshees immune to those powers or something? I thought for sure they were.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh that does it.

1 - Don't upgrade the ship defense and see her die.

2 - Alter the save so she lives. Then send her into the ducts or something. Let her die again.

3 - Alter the save so she is alive in ME3 so I can hear those sweet sweet torture tapes.

That's assuming I can stomach playing 3 again.

You're weird.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Nihilarian posted:

Aren't banshees immune to those powers or something? I thought for sure they were.

Asking like igaf.

They're blue robot zombies. One of them was Jack.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Drifter posted:

Asking like igaf.

They're blue robot zombies. One of them was Jack.

WHAT?! really? where? Source?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

itsjustdrew posted:

WHAT?! really? where? Source?

Have you not been reading the last page of the thread? Search back for one of my last few posts here - I forget who asked the question.
He wanted to know what happened if you didn't rescue the Grisolm Academy.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

drew you're gonna have to do a live stream of your next ME3 playthrough or something, it's just too :allears: reading your reactions

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's been like two years since I finished ME3 and decided 'Welp I'm done with ME' but I was trying to remember. What did Cerberus actually say they wanted? It was to control the Reapers or some other flimsy excuse for "I'M INDOCTRINATED" right?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Night10194 posted:

It's been like two years since I finished ME3 and decided 'Welp I'm done with ME' but I was trying to remember. What did Cerberus actually say they wanted? It was to control the Reapers or some other flimsy excuse for "I'M INDOCTRINATED" right?

Yeah, basically. It was more 'what TIM wanted' though, Cerberus just followed his orders.

Also, play Citadel. I don't care how much you hated the ending (I can't tell you how many posts I made in the Spoiler Thread about my nerdrage against it), but Citadel is one of the greatest things I've ever played. It's the anti-ME3 ending. It's one of only two things I've outwardly claimed 'almost makes up for the ending' (the other being playable volus, because come on).

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 21, 2014

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I feel like switching back to a Saren avatar. Which one of these should I use?

I should be able to adjust the cropping on all of them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

You know what always bothered me about Saren and I wish modders would fix it: why is he half Reaper right from the start? I feel like he was meant to change to that when Shepard comments on it, and be a normal Turian at the start of the game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Maybe he's just already spent a whole lot of time with the reapers prior to you doing your thing.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

PriorMarcus posted:

You know what always bothered me about Saren and I wish modders would fix it: why is he half Reaper right from the start? I feel like he was meant to change to that when Shepard comments on it, and be a normal Turian at the start of the game.

He was supposed to be more normal at the beginning. BioWare ran out of time to do the un-Reaperized models.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Zoran posted:

the 2nd

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Zoran posted:

The third.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Zoran posted:

The first.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zoran posted:

All of them in a GIF.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
All of them. In .gif form.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Now you don't have to decide.

edit: this makes my head feel weird if I stare at it too long. :psypop:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
[Saren intensifies]

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Saren Preference: All

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

2house2fly posted:

[Saren intensifies]

There's your text blurb.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Can anyone crop this down to the mass of storm cloud over Saren's right shoulder? Looking for a new avatar.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Can anyone crop this down to the mass of storm cloud over Saren's right shoulder? Looking for a new avatar.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That's exactly what I was thinking. haha.

What the heck, Dan Didio?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's a pro av.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also I'm pretty sure those are stratocumulus clouds.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Actually, I've changed my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Hahaha. I kind of want to see what this looks like if the eyes line up in each of the three shots. Here are some higher-res originals, if that will help:

• Locked thread