Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veotax
May 16, 2006

panda clue posted:

also since she is the only female turian in the galaxy.

Actually I think they re-used her model for a sequence in Citadel. I think Garrus hit on her in a bar or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Veotax posted:

Actually I think they re-used her model for a sequence in Citadel. I think Garrus hit on her in a bar or something?

I suppose that's one way to put it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They used female models for the Turian Vanguard in MP.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Geniasis posted:

I suppose that's one way to put it.

why is Garrus cheating on Liara :colbert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

don't you mean Tali?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Aces High posted:

don't you mean Tali?

I could have sworn it was Liara, but you are right :negative:

its been 4 years OK!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Tali even says its just a one time thing. :D

Plus it's the Citadel DLC so they're all dead on that island from Lost anyway.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is the Steam version of Mass Effect just dead? I've tried any combo of reinstalling, rebooting and verifying the game cache, but the game just won't boot up. :(

E: Running steam with admin privileges made it run. Dunno what that's all about.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 24, 2016

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Let's not forget that Mass Effect 3 had more female romance options for femshep than male ones.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

ShadowHawk posted:

Let's not forget that Mass Effect 3 had more female romance options for femshep than male ones.

Actually, not counting the one night stands from the Citadel party, there are more for male Shepard.

Nine possible romances for male and seven for female (or 8 and 6 if you don't count Allers since she apparently doesn't award the Achievement)

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Romance#Mass_Effect_3

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Veotax posted:

Actually, not counting the one night stands from the Citadel party, there are more for male Shepard.

Nine possible romances for male and seven for female (or 8 and 6 if you don't count Allers since she apparently doesn't award the Achievement)

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Romance#Mass_Effect_3
You may have misinterpreted. I mean femshep had more lesbian options than hetero options.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
And four of those seven are female-female pairings, which is what he was saying. I imagine the Thane one has very little content, but I've never actually done it since he's only romanceable in situations where you could be hookin up with Garrus.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh, yeah. Completely missed that. May bad.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wow, I didn't know so many romances could be continued, you can still get the achievement with Thane even though he dies like a third of the way through the game?

e: whoops, I didn't read the fineprint :downs: guess he doesn't give you the achievement

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Playing through the Citadel DLC now for the first time. I absolutely lost it when everyone back at the apartment started giving Shep poo poo for killing all of the fish.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
edit: double post

panda clue fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 25, 2016

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Playing Stellaris made me really want to play Mass Effect again for some reason, so I'm starting up a straight-run playthrough, all three games, all DLCs, in sequence, with a brand new character. Haven't played any of them in about two years, and I never played ME3 with any of the DLCs, so it should be a pretty fresh experience.

These games have a special place in my heart. The first Mass Effect game was the first video game I ever bought brand new, and I played it to 100% completion at least five or six times in the time it took ME2 to come out. I have almost every single achievement for it. I made the midnight release for ME2 and missed an entire day of classes after so I could blow a day playing it. They've got their fair share of issues but they're still pretty rad games I had a blast with, and I'm looking forward to having a blast with them again.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

panda clue posted:

Playing through the Citadel DLC now for the first time. I absolutely lost it when everyone back at the apartment started giving Shep poo poo for killing all of the fish.
Which should have been a flag, because I fed mine :colbert: (OK, I got Kelly to do it but still)

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mister Bates posted:

Playing Stellaris made me really want to play Mass Effect again for some reason.

dude this is exactly what prompted my playthrough! I am so going to make a full mass effect overhaul mod for that game once it gets a few years of expansions under its belt, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it.

also, having now gone through the entire Citadel dlc for the first time, I pity the fools that didn't bring Wrex with them through the entire thing. And the entire 'I should go' sequence had me in tears.

my previous playthrough of the game was with no dlc, no extended ending. I have to say the complete package really makes the game feel about 100x better. I modded out the star kid sequence (which is honestly entirely superfluous now that Leviathan exists), and added back in the Anderson dialogue that was cut at the end. game has gone from feeling like it had a tragic abortion of an ending to being actually satisfying. cool.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ME1 may well have the worst gameplay in the series, but the main story set pieces are by far the strongest. The whole Noveria segment is my favorite non-finale area. Even Therum is pretty great if you do it last. :3:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I went ahead and looked through some of my old saves before firing up the ME1 character creator, and checking the timestamps on them made me realize that this game came out almost ten years ago....and that I last played it about six years ago. Time to see if it still holds up. Kinda hope they make a remastered version someday. The comically bad animations, janky-rear end lip syncing, glassy realdoll eyes, and flipper hands I've experienced on Eden Prime are weirdly charming and I hope they stick around, but I certainly wouldn't mind a bit of a UI update.

Doing an Engineer this time around, as they're the only class I never played as. Just seemed so boring compared to the others, but I had a blast playing Engineer in ME3 multiplayer, so it's worth a try.

Did these games ever get any good mods? I'm playing on my old 360, but if there's a decent mod scene I might pick the trilogy up on PC at some point.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Mister Bates posted:

Did these games ever get any good mods? I'm playing on my old 360, but if there's a decent mod scene I might pick the trilogy up on PC at some point.

high rez nude mods

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
but seriously

No, not really. Texture mods, a faster elevator mod for ME1...

Gibbed made pretty good save editors for the games though. Can really help cut down on the bullshit probing and fuel stuff from the second game.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Mister Bates posted:

There's a decent selection of mods, mostly textures - some not even focused on boobs. This one in particular for ME1 makes it look almost modern:

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1/?

It's an easy install as well. For ME2/3:

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/363/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/68/?

...but those take a long time to install, ME2 & 3 are a bitch to replace textures with.

There are also perfect 360 gamepad mods now for all 3 if you ever wanted to play it on your TV at 60fps.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mister Bates posted:

texture mods, and a few ME3 mods that slightly alter the ending/add in removed content. I would highly recommend the texture mods if playing on the PC, but as the other poster said be ready to leave it running overnight or something because it takes a long rear end time.

you can also mod the FOV but it leads to you seeing some janky rear end things bioware left in the game during some cutscenes. do not try to make the game play higher than 60 fps.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
The combat actually isn't as bad as I remembered. The lack of dodge-rolls and the terrible design idea to combine 'melee' and 'sprinting' into the same ability are irritating as hell, but the cover system still works okay and the shooting is, if not great, at least decently satisfying. The later games did a much better job of making the weapons feel more...weapon-y, for lack of a better term. A lot of it's down to sound design; the guns in ME2 and 3 sound like they pack a bit of a punch behind them, but these guns sound a bit weak by comparison. The lack of any visible recoil (the aiming circle just gets bigger) is also a factor, I think.

Hardcore difficulty isn't that bad so far. It's not hard enough to be annoying, but I started a new character, so it isn't piss-easy either. Not being able to hotkey more than one ability at a time is killing me, I'm spending way more time in the power wheel than I would in ME3. Also, Kaidan is flimsy as gently caress on this difficulty, he gets downed early and often.

I forgot how silly Saren's post-Eden Prime freakout is. Argh! Rarh! Argh!

e: ENEMY IS EVERYWHERE! ENEMY IS EVERYWHERE! ENEMY IS EVERYWHERE!

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 28, 2016

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Mister Bates posted:

The combat actually isn't as bad as I remembered. The lack of dodge-rolls and the terrible design idea to combine 'melee' and 'sprinting' into the same ability are irritating as hell, but the cover system still works okay and the shooting is, if not great, at least decently satisfying. The later games did a much better job of making the weapons feel more...weapon-y, for lack of a better term. A lot of it's down to sound design; the guns in ME2 and 3 sound like they pack a bit of a punch behind them, but these guns sound a bit weak by comparison. The lack of any visible recoil (the aiming circle just gets bigger) is also a factor, I think.

Hardcore difficulty isn't that bad so far. It's not hard enough to be annoying, but I started a new character, so it isn't piss-easy either. Not being able to hotkey more than one ability at a time is killing me, I'm spending way more time in the power wheel than I would in ME3. Also, Kaidan is flimsy as gently caress on this difficulty, he gets downed early and often.

I forgot how silly Saren's post-Eden Prime freakout is. Argh! Rarh! Argh!

I WILL DESTROY YOU!

The ME1 guns with scram rails and high explosive rounds turn everything into a rocket launcher, but they do always sound a bit underwhelming. Though I've always liked the designs in that game the best, carrying a whole arsenal on your back feels more fun than just running around with a tiny pistol to save weight like in ME3 multiplayer.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Those high-res textures look really good. I've been thinking I should wait to get ME3 until it goes on sale, but it hasn't gone on sale in a while and I want to grab it before ME4 is released/multiplayer becomes unsupported.

Mister Bates posted:

Jet Jaguar posted:

I WILL DESTROY YOU!

GO GO GO! HOLD THE LINE!

...I don't think those four phrases will ever leave my brain.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

man as much as I love playing ME3 multiplayer playing the singleplayer does not go over well with my console. Nothing hardlocks my PS3 the way ME3 does

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mister Bates posted:

the terrible design idea to combine 'melee' and 'sprinting' into the same ability are irritating as hell

I think it took me until like my third playthrough to figure this out, but if you run up to an enemy and hit the "shoot" button it does a melee attack instead.

So many lives lost pointlessly on feros until I figured that out

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I WILL DESTROY YOU!

The ME1 guns with scram rails and high explosive rounds turn everything into a rocket launcher, but they do always sound a bit underwhelming. Though I've always liked the designs in that game the best, carrying a whole arsenal on your back feels more fun than just running around with a tiny pistol to save weight like in ME3 multiplayer.
I felt the exact opposite about that. Always running around with 4 guns when I only need and want two of them was annoying.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If you're using a power heavy class in multiplayer you should barely be using weapons anyway so why would you want a bunch of useless guns?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The hair dryer missile launcher they stick you with is bad enough.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you're using a power heavy class in multiplayer you should barely be using weapons anyway so why would you want a bunch of useless guns?

or if you're a Krogan :black101:

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

There are also perfect 360 gamepad mods now for all 3 if you ever wanted to play it on your TV at 60fps.

Where can I download these?

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!
If someone wants to buy the DLC on origin, right now you can get a 30% discount for Biobucks with the code "origin30" on checkout.

--
Yeah, you're right, it doesn't work if you try to buy them directly. I clicked on the DLC (MotA, Legacy) I wanted, a "You need Biocoins" dialogue popped up and I used the code there and it worked.
VVVV

hwordhan fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 31, 2016

Peacheshead
Oct 21, 2010

hwordhan posted:

If someone wants to buy the DLC on origin, right now you can get a 30% discount for Biobucks with the code "origin30" on checkout.

Were you able to use the code? It's not working on bioware points for me :(

edit: actually, it works in the origin app even though it doesn't on the website :dance:

Peacheshead fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 31, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

EA support is loving garbage. I've been trying to get a refund on some Bioware points I bought yesterday and I've been on hold in the chat client for an hour. I really don't want to call them because I expect it will be a huge waste of time anyway

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Could be worse, at least it's not Steam support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
In ME1, what sidequests/planets have any sort of continuation in later games?

I know there is the cerberus/admiral whatshisface storyline.
I can't really think of any others that aren't just one off things.

• Locked thread