Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ok pretty impressed by this game so far at about 2 hours in. It's the little features that I'm enjoying the most.

Like when I passed by a Volus at the citadel, I listened to his conversation with a turian and got a quest to help him, no dialogue initiated, nice touch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Darko posted:

The only thing I'm not liking about the game (I'm just sitting at the final mission), outside of the lack of funny, outlandish stuff in it, which the prior games had, is the lack of towns and "town quests."

You only have the Citadel in this game as a town. The last game had that, Tuchanka, that scummy place, the Migrant Fleet, etc. This has The Citadel, and that's it. It lowers the exploration a great deal, PLUS, in those games, you tended to have missions set around those towns, or shot people in the face in apartments, etc.

I think they wanted the citadel to feel like the only safe, untouched place in the galaxy. With most other locales being pretty much ruined warzones.

It just ends up feeling lazy and gives me horrible Kirkwall vibes though. It also sucks that the game seems to have literally none of the same kind of renegade interupts that mass effect 2 had. You can't throw someone off a ledge for no reason or headbutt a krogan, or do anything other than raise your voice in a cutscene really. :smith:

Mr. Stingly posted:

I've never had to tell a prospective LI I'm not interested in the other games. That's whats so odd about ME 3. Every time someone requests a private chat, you get soft piano music, unusually intimate and sentimental dialogue choices. Every encounter is like: "wait whats going on, am I flirting with this dude? I thought we were just talking about Thannix Cannons..."

This happens so god drat much as fem shep. No Liara I don't want to get back together, no Kaidan I'm not interested in you like that, no James it's not appropriate for you to casually mention how your commanding officer 'fills out her uniform'.

Moola fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 13, 2012

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bolow posted:

Punching the gently caress out of Gerrel for almost killing you and annihilating that reaper on Rannoch were both pretty awesome renegade interrupt wise

Ok I'll give you interrupting the reaper with an orbital strike, that was pretty good. But beating up Gerrel wasn't anywhere near as satisfying or brutal as Thane's loyalty mission can be.

Moola fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 13, 2012

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

BIG SPOILERS IN LINK

I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL2FIUi57Jw is the video you want.

E: Or see above. But they are different.

gently caress! You wern't kidding, that is a very powerful scene. I think Mordin's arc is definitely my favourite resolution in the whole game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mmm11105 posted:

I bought the game yesterday morning, and WOW it's good up to now. Though I'm kind of interested to see this legendarily terrible ending.

Bioware at the least does a good job of making you attached to the characters. The cloest I have ever come to crying from a video games was when Thane dies.

My partner likes to watch me play mass effect (doesn't like the combat), both Thane and Mordin's death had her in tears. Really have to take my hat off to bioware for how well a lot of the returning characters are treated and how emotionally impacting a lot of the scenes are.

The ending really is dogshit though, so prepare yourself!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vigilance posted:

As long as my tactic of punch dudes in the face and then laugh at them when my shield detonates strat still works I'll be pretty happy

In ME3 there's no way you can make the shield detonation knock people down, it doesn't automatically detonate when your shields drop and activating it doesn't refresh your shields.

R.I.P mass effect 2 assault sentinel. :smith:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Man, it's really jarring going back to single player combat after a year of multiplayer. There's literally no fight in the entire game that comes close to a solo bronze match, even on insanity in terms of difficulty.

In fact a normal 4/4 bronze match might still be harder than any single fight the entire campaign has to offer. 'Watch out Shepard, it's a single Atla... oh you killed it in three seconds, okay.'

For anyone who just picked up The Citadel DLC, and wants the Lancer assault rifle straight away, do the following:

Load up gibbed save editor > open save > raw tab > plot > player variables > add the following:

quote:

Name: SFXGameContentDLC_EXP_Pack003.SFXWeapon_AssaultRifle_Lancer
Value: 1

Change the value from between 1-10 to change the item level.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
why is this thread back on the first page???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh ok, I got excited that maybe new info had come out :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
watched that teaser, I liked the part where femshep spoke words

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I want nothing but bromance options

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
are we revising history and saying the ending to ME3 was good yet???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Alain Post posted:

I've always thought it was good. Until the EC, which was bad.

I thought it was good before you did

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Whorelord posted:

i look forward to spreading institutionalized slavery and a rigid caste system as the neo-batarian hegemony in the andromeda galaxy

would be funny if nobody let Batarians on the bus to the new galaxy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:siren: NEVER SAVE ASHLEY! :siren:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lycus posted:

ME3 Kaidan is way better than ME3 Ashley. Don't care about ME1 versions, I ignored them after the beginning anyway.

Agreed. I still dont like him much in 3, but he at least has SOME character and doesnt look so sweaty

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

What are all the tools, mods, cheats, etc. to make these games better on PC.

some good stuff on me3 nexus

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
EDI_bigger_dickbutt.zip

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Trast posted:

Who's panicking?

anything remotely negative = PANIC WHINE

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd like to Biotic Charge and shotgun the last three posters to death.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

Mass Effect 3 is good.

Counter argument: its bad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lenoon posted:

Reasonable argument: it's alright I guess

the multiplayer and Citadel are good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

Still my favorite ending to any game.

Mass Effect 2 is really good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I really want HD Mass Effect 2 with Mass Effect 3 controls

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
play the normal game and quit after you finish the citadel dlc

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
oh yeah the mp

play like, a year of the multiplayer

cause its loving amazing

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
citadel is so loving good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it and the multiplayer are why I'm excited for nu-effect

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Lt. Danger has bad opinions on Mass effect

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SciFiDownBeat posted:

none of this addresses the glaring issue of why there aren't any romance-able elcor in any of these games

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
stopped reading thread for like

2 years

and you idiots are still discussing the ending

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Dan loving Didio is STILL discussing the ending

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

Please don't insult Dan. We are all friends, here, in the Mass Effect thread.

im not even insulting its just

like stepping into a weird time warp

I played the MP again recently, its still REALLY good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
haha yeah I remember all that

I remember when people first heard about MP and were very angry

and I was just quietly in the corner super excited, cause I'd wanted coop mass effect since 2

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
sassassin continues to spout terrible opinions in all threads

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
played more MP

still cool and good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
is the nu mass effect out yet?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I hope the new mass effect is good

I also hope the rumour of a mass effect 1 remake is true and good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

poisonpill posted:

Well, the discovery of element zero means that these departures are more massive than you'd think

*nods at this post*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gently caress off

• Locked thread