Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Annakie posted:

RIP Emily Wong! :cry:

So I take it this is a spoiler thread? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Trapezound posted:

It's not really a spoiler.

Whoops! RIP.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Unlocked on Origin. See you guys in a week.

e: ugh can't connect to EA servers now. COME ON.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tehgrif posted:

Connecting to EA...

Can I have Steam back now?

Just wait ~3-4 minutes, it'll go through.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Okay, I've encountered a seemingly impossible-to-bypass crash bug, on the mission to rescue Cereberus scientists, and in the fly-in to the mission you see Jacob on the ground.

The game stops responding and crashes at the same point, right when I'm running into the zone from the landing point. Is this happening to anyone else? How the hell do I leave this mission now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kevdude posted:

Okay, I've encountered a seemingly impossible-to-bypass crash bug, on the mission to rescue Cereberus scientists, and in the fly-in to the mission you see Jacob on the ground.

The game stops responding and crashes at the same point, right when I'm running into the zone from the landing point. Is this happening to anyone else? How the hell do I leave this mission now?

gently caress, this is not good. The game wrote a new autosave on the planet, and it crashes instantly on loading the autosave. My last quicksave is an hour back. This is hosed up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kevdude posted:

I'm getting kinda desperate here and would like to know if this mission is bugged for everyone or if it's happened to anyone else. I've tried like 5+ times now with different combinations of companions and walking a different path, and sometimes it even crashes faster. I don't want to lose over an hour of gameplay now by going back to an earlier save, this is hosed up.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kevdude posted:

From the zero replies to this I'm guessing no one else has had this problem? If I'm going to have to lose a ton of progress loading an earlier save, I'd really like to know if I should avoid this mission or not.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harlock posted:

So how many people playing on PS3 are getting regular freezes. I saw some people in the Bioware forums having similar issues of just infrequent lockups :(

I had a pretty serious one that started looping on my save and I could not bypass, so I had to load an earlier one and lose hours of progress. No one even replied to my post here so I'm guessing it's not happening to a lot of people.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Just got past my first zero-gravity walk boarding the Geth dreadnought.

Who the gently caress thought that part would be interesting to play :psyduck:

It lasted like 3 minutes, what's the big deal.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

JaundiceDave posted:

so, this is the biggest renegade thing you can do on tuchanka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-1FAxiUAoo

who would do this, honestly. i mean come on

Holy poo poo I am really upset by this :smith: Mordin is one of my favourite video game characters ever, top notch writing and voice acting.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

How many points should I be at before passing the point-of-no-return mission? I am at 3400 (5500? total, I've only done like 2 MP matches and would prefer to not do many more). I was told that renegade or paragon affects how many I'd need, any truth to that?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My god I hate the multiplayer mode. Every quick match group is full of either retards or AFK people. I absolutely despise that it's pretty much required to get enough readiness for more desireable SP endings.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

TerminalBlue posted:

Just do what I do and play an engineer. Stick with a retarded Vanguard and focus on saving their rear end when they charge into situations where they're bound to get themselves killed.

Then gloat to yourself afterwards.

My MP chracter is a sentinel which is working for just spamming warp/throw everywhere and tech armour protects me from most stuff. However, 90% of the idiots playing multiplayer:

-do not know how to revive
-do not understand the concept of cover
-think that infiltrator sniping is the only way of playing Mass Effect (I have not seen a single vanguard in 12? matches, of which I have only completed 2 successfully)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I read a few posts saying that (ending spoiler regarding war score) in order to have Shepard live if you choose the destroy ending, you need 5k war score. This is not true. I went in with 4.1k, chose destroy, and he lived.

• Locked thread