Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The DLC Squadmate loving owns bones.

The fact that the protheans turned out to be a bunch of imperialist assholes who gave zero fucks about anyone except themselves was a pretty interesting twist

Make sure to bring him to Sur'Kesh his dialog with Wrex is pretty awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Joe Don Baker posted:

So the mission where you Get the Prothean dude from the stasis cell is the DLC? I didn't even check. I just saw the planet had something on it I could do.

Yeah

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh, and Kasumi is so goddamned awesome when you meet her again on the Citadel. I got worried for a second that she wasn't faking her death. Also return of "BIG. STUPID. JELLYFISH."

Did you actual manage to finish that little side mission? I can't find the second terminal in the refugee camp. I found a terminal just before you go through the security check point but I cannot interact with it

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Anybody have the answer? If I have to reload, I'd rather do it now and lose only 2h.

Your hosed broseph might as well reload. I got screwed there too but didn't have a previous save. Keeping it in mind on my second playthrough.

BTW gently caress this stupid planet scanning poo poo. What an arbitrary pain in the rear end. Nevermind the fact that your alertness doesn't get reset until after you do another mission.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Aberrant posted:

So,what is the criteria for peace? I helped Legion convert the Reaper worshiping Geth into noraml Geth, is that it?

Concerning the Geth/Quarian thing and how to get peace

I managed to bring peace but I'm pretty sure it requires both a loyal Tali and Legion from ME2. If you convert the heretics you must save Admiral Koris in the side mission. If you blew them up I'm fairly certain you just need to do the side missions and that's it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mr Dog posted:

I haven't actually played ME3 yet, but judging by the discussion in this thread (major Rannoch spoiler) the ME series hasn't really cast the Quarians in the most sympathetic light. It works better for me from a dramatic standpoint to force the choice of genociding the Quarians vs genociding the Geth and... you know what, gently caress the Quarians. The Geth weren't the ones who couldn't let sleeping dogs lie. Do the Quarians ever actually do anything to particularly redeem themselves or is it just "gently caress peaceful coexistence, kill every last Geth and take back our homeworld"? Yeah it kinda sucks that Tali's entire world crumbles around her (literally) and causes her to kill herself, but hey, that's war for you. Doing what makes your squeeze happy at the potential cost of billions of lives is a great way to get your entire side killed.

Actually it really hammers home that the quarians did some really awful and lovely things to the geth and their own people during the Morning War. Taking everything into account it's pretty hard to even side with the Quarians at all especially since they blew up their Dyson Sphere and killed an absolute shitload of Geth in an unprovoked attack. It also sheds a little more insight on Legions origins It's highly likely one of his platforms was the very first Geth to take up arms against the Quarians. He still utilizes the same sniper rifle and gets weird when you ask him about it just like the N7 armor

tl;dr gently caress the quarians and the horse they rode on.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So according to Gamespot the "fish required for best ending" thing is TRUE!?!?!?!?

Goddrat BioWare, that's Sierra-level hatred of your players. I'm suitably impressed if it's true.

The Pejak paddle fish just net you an upgrade from the Hanar Illuminated Primacy that's it IIRC

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I still would've liked one of the endings be essentially The crucible gets destroyed en route and the fleet is left to its own devices and is eventually destroyed. Your cycle is defeated utterly but not before exacting a horrific toll on reaper forces leaving them severely weakened. Fade out to the reapers returning from dark space to repeat the cycle again except this time there's a massive armada of the Yahg and Co. who've had 50,000 years or so to prepare for their arrival thanks to Liara's little time capsule things she seeded across multiple worlds.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Tell me, how large would a seven zettabyte scaled image of hello.jpg be? How would it scale against, say, Jupiter?

It's about 7 billion terabytes of hello.jpg

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay, I've been reading more about the plot to this game to try and understand it and I have a question about the whole geth/quarian conflict.

The wiki says that when the quarians attack the geth, the geth turn to the reapers for aid. Why? Going by what was established in Mass Effect 2, the geth are vastily superior to the quarians when it comes to combat. Their fleet is massive and their tech is way more advanced, and while the quarian fleet is large it mostly consist of old ships and hastily converted habitation vessels. They shouldn't have been able to somehow beat the geth to the point where they have to resort to going to the reapers for aid. Especially not if you let Legion warn the geth about the quarains war plans in ME2.

So what happens to the geth to make they completely ineffective?

A massive portion of the Geth collective were uploaded into their dyson sphere chilling when the quarians attacked. They lost a significant portion of their population in that initial attack so their overall intelligence was significantly weakened

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

nessin posted:

Except it's totally bogus. It was just being invaded, whereas other planets (including Earth) had been under attack since the beginning of the game or before that specific point and were still holding out without extra forces. The entire thing was to create a fake sense of drama, the whole "we have to listen to the bad guy explain his plans instead of actually killing him and going about our business" theme.

And, despite your statement, no one extra was on Earth when the Reapers invaded, and no one was helping out Earth to slow down the Reapers except what was already on the planet. All those forces you gathered were doing jack squat on that front

It's the first time in 3 games where Shepard has failed at something utterly and completely. There was no well at least we accomplished this. Just straight up you lost the Prothean VI and because of that gently caress up billions of people are going to die in the very immediate future as a direct result of that action as well as postponing the invasion of earth costing even more lives. Not to mention the whole war effort was hinging on this singular piece of information that you failed to get.

In the context of the character and what he's done throughout the course of the series it makes sense that he would take that mission exceptionally hard all things considered.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Moola posted:

I think they wanted the citadel to feel like the only safe, untouched place in the galaxy. With most other locales being pretty much ruined warzones.

It just ends up feeling lazy and gives me horrible Kirkwall vibes though. It also sucks that the game seems to have literally none of the same kind of renegade interupts that mass effect 2 had. You can't throw someone off a ledge for no reason or headbutt a krogan, or do anything other than raise your voice in a cutscene really. :smith:

Punching the gently caress out of Gerrel for almost killing you and annihilating that reaper on Rannoch were both pretty awesome renegade interrupt wise

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

LobsterTick posted:

Wait,you can actually do this?

Only if you're some kind of awful goddamn monster who let Wrex die in ME1. If he's alive his goose is cooked regardless

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DerDestroyer posted:

It'll likely be the last DLC in the game's development cycle.

On another note I was wondering whether or not saving the Rachni Queen is a good idea? I know she won't betray me but I wonder if losing Arlakh company is worth it. I feel kinda bad about forcing Grunt to sacrifice his entire command for the sake of raw numbers and military assets. But letting the Queen just die is also kinda lovely.

The only thing you really miss out on is some hilarious e-mail from Grunt that's typed exactly how you'd picture a Krogan typing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Disciple is the best shotgun, period. Do not believe the Graal fanboys!

One is a shotgun the other shoots giant goddamn spikes and is used to hunt thresher maws.
The choice is simple.

• Locked thread