Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

So I just did the mission w/Samara in it, and she's doing the whole "if not for the code, I'm a kill you" thing ala ME2. Thing is I used gibbed's editor to paragon-ize my ME2 Shep so I could almost romance her, then reverted back to renegade and beat the game for import. When exactly does she determine that your a bad guy in ME3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Magil of Shadow posted:

So, been meaning to mention this since the PAX East panel last week, but one thing they DID go into detail over, was this.

The Mass Relays apparently did NOT explode, simply overloaded. There were survivors on the Citadel. And lastly, no one starved post Ending.

Did they really explain those things in detail? Because the Mass Relays did explode. Maybe they exploded differently than in Arrival, but they are definitely exploded. And a bunch of folks in-system didn't starve how? Because if they said that there just happened to be enough food on the Citadel (the one that was filled to the max with hungry refugees before it was filled with corpses and/or exploded), or on Earth (that was laid to waste by the cuttlefish, and doesn't have the right food anyway) well that's kind of bullshit. Might as well say that inside every Reaper, there was a portal to the meat dimension.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

DerDestroyer posted:

The Citadel has these gigantic automatic protein vats that contain a substance that can provide sustenance. It isn't tasty it isn't pretty but if you're hungry you can eat it free and be fine.

I'm sure they'll still be working automatically while unpowered, exploded, exposed to vacuum, hurled into the Earth, or hurled into space. Oh and here's hoping somebody knows how any of that poo poo works, unless the Keepers are still working perfectly despite the very specific environment they are built for being totally hosed up.

LobsterTick posted:

Don't forget that there's a whole quarian migrant fleet near Earth and they know everything about refitting military ships into flying farms.

Yeah, but they keep the whole thing running by flying around the universe buying fixer uppers, strip mining the hell out everything, and sending out for specialty tech. Also, I'm not going to scour the codex for food production stats, but I imagine their not exactly in a position to suddenly feed a huge turian fleet indefinitely. They have farm ships, not cornucopia ships that make food from nothing.

This isn't a problem that can be solved with an omni-tool and [Right Hook]. People are going to die of starvation, maybe not everyone, but there are going to be a lot of really skinny corpses. Not just turian/quarians either, Earth is royally hosed up (even if one of the Ward arms doesn't fall to Earth and kill everyone). Upside is if everything works out, all the eezo contamination means more biotic humans. Also, more brain tumors and horrible things.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Etheldreda posted:

I tried to make a baby.

He isn't as adorable as intended :(

Maybe the genophage wasn't such a bad idea...

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Vigilance posted:

Who would pick Al-Jilani though? Both paragons and renegades don't like her, and even if paragons are willing to cut her more slack, they'd much rather have Emily Wong on board.

It's like the Kaidan/Ashley choice. I mean yeah one is a space racist but the other is voiced by Carth Onasi. Did Bioware honestly expect me not to nuke him?

I actually liked the Paragon interrupt in ME3, where she just kind of breaks down. The one where you tell her to "keep asking the hard questions" and all that. She was just going through the motions with the whole pro-human ambush reporter thing. I mean, she was asking the same question I was: "You're a goddamn Hero. Why the gently caress are you wandering around the Citadel while Earth is burning?!"

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I like how FTL travel immediately puts a story into the "soft" category. Apparently Mission of Gravity (Hal Clement) is soft sci-fi now? I think a few other Clement stories had FTL as well. I remember The Songs of Distant Earth (Arthur C. Clarke) had some kind of bullshit drive as well. "Hard" and "Soft" are not binary states in science fiction.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not calling G64 out or anything (ME is soft as gently caress), it's just that this sort of thing has been posted quite a few times.

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 6, 2012

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Batham posted:

What Assault rifle would you guys recommend for a Soldier on insanity (doing newgame+, so I have all weapons already unlocked)? I've always stuck with the M-8 Avenger in ME2 and my first ME3 playthrough, since it's such a solid all-round performer.

The damage is a little low though, causing me to stray out of cover sometimes a bit too long. So what would you guys recommend? Are there any other assault rifles that are actually better suited for all-round action? The N7 Valkyrie or M96 Mattock perhaps?

The M-76 Revenant Light Machine Gun is the only weapon a Soldier needs. With the Assault Rifle Piercing and Extended Barrel mods, and AR + Defense Matrix active, you can get right up in the enemies face and shoot them forever.

EDIT: I guess you could take Barrier if you were a pansy and wanted ~space magic~

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 6, 2012

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Don't listen to them, Batham. With an onboard medical and ablative VI, nanocrystal hard shield, and a redundant field generator, you are unstoppable. Strong synthetic fibers are woven through your skin, dramatically reducing injury taken from your enemies, as well as acting as medi-gel conduits to keep you in the fight. Your muscles are perforated with micro-fibers that increase your strength and endurance so you will never tire of slaughter. Your skeleton is reinforced with synthetic weave making your bones almost unbreakable. Soldier, you are cover. Your M-76 will see you through anything. If you really want to play it safe though, bring along the two standard issue SABER units (Semi-Autonomous Banshee Engagement Resource) nicknamed 'Liara' and 'Kaiden'

Seriously though, if you've already done the whole cover-shooter thing with the Avenger, the Revenant will encourage you to play differently. Save the sniping poo poo for an Infiltrator run. Use teammates to strip banshee barriers as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

...but the Salarian, for example, would still able to look at things clinically and be able to see why one might draw similarities between Asari and Human, if the issue were merely one of perspective.

Dude was at a bachelor party in a bar, not an exobiology conference.

Theglavwen posted:

It's stupid, and does fall apart, but I don't see how it can be doubted that it's what was intended

Perhaps people doubt that you're interpretation was the intended one because it is very, very, stupid? The whole in-game conversation was leading up to "I guess we all focus on different parts of Asari anatomy!" Instead, because it was a bachelor party joke scene, the 3 dudes come to the conclusion that the Asari are mind-controlling everyone in the galaxy, and they are presumably the first people to think of this. It's like one of your friends getting baked and spouting "profound" things like "what if, like, we're all in a computer, but we don't even know it, man..."

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 7, 2012

• Locked thread