Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

i am gun drive a trane up u
Man, after all the people making GBS threads on the endings I was really expecting something much worse than what I got. Wasn't all THAT bad, but people on the internet are prone to overreactions I suppose. Besides, everything leading up to the very end was awesome, especially the final confrontation with the Illusive Man. Was very satisfying getting him to Saren himself. The stargazer was pretty lame though. They could have handled that better if they were trying to imply that life went on for the Normany crew after the crash.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing through again a couple more times, just to see how everything turns out differently. Especially once I get around to my fuckup Shepard.

On a side note (mid and late game spoilers): Thanks to the new paragon/renegade system, I had absolutely no qualms or hesitation when shooting Udina in his stupid face as soon as he pulled his gun. I would have been stupid not to. Same with killing Kai Leng. I feel even a fully paragon Shepard would have done those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

If I could throw Allers out of the airlock I would. I will instead have to settle for inviting her onto the ship and the immediately telling her to gently caress off once she gets on board. I only kept her around this first playthrough to see if she did anything interesting and she didn't. It doesn't help that Jessica Chobot's face doesn't transfer over to the video game world nearly as well as Yvonne Strahovski or Male Shep and whoever they modeled Jack after did.

edit: Seriously she's taking up a whole room down there that Wrex should have been in.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

Reapers have super evolved FTL drives. They never outright say this, but the way they clear the relay you blew up in Arrival in a months time seems to suggest they help a lot, but aren't outright needed. I have no problem with their FTL Drives being advanced, I don't think it's a plothole.

Yeah, in the codex they explain that Reapers can travel 30 light years in 24 hours without using mass relays. Since there are a bunch of dead reapers lying across the galaxy it's easy enough to assume most civilizations would reverse engineer the tech and apply it to their own ships.

Zmanl0p6
Apr 7, 2007

Acid Haze posted:

Related question: Why is there a loving conduit on earth in the first place? They never explain why it's there, it's only inferred by Anderson that the reapers built it recently. Why would the reapers build a back door to the citadel when they had been tipped off about the whole "citadel being the key to the Crucible" thing?

They certainly didn't put it there as a means to assault the citadel, because when they learned that the combined forces of the galaxy planned to use it as a weapon they simply took it. Once again it was not explained, but inferred that there was absolutely no fight for the citadel, it was just taken. They just took the 40+ km long space station and moved it over a thousand light years in a matter of hours somehow. You would think destroying the citadels defenses, killing everyone inside, and towing the giant thing through a mass relay would take longer than that. You know, long enough for Shepard to find out it's happening before it's orbiting earth.

I'm pretty sure it's explained that the Citadel is now being used as a mass processing unit for harvested humans from Earth. Eitherway, our solar system is the one they have the most control of and is where a majority of their ships seem to be, so it's the most defensible.

edit: Also, this game is real good at making me feel like a shithead. I'm doing a my renegade femshep playthrough and I'm at the end of the geth/quarian plot line. I want to let the geth die because I made peach the first time through. Legion is begging me not to and the paragon/renegade choices for peace are right there. Sorry Legion, not this time. :(

Zmanl0p6 fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 17, 2012

• Locked thread