Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Just like with how reviewers are paid off to give 9/10s and 5/5s to EA/Bioware games, the fans are searching for e-cred by giving those same games lower/exaggerated bad reviews. Also day 1 dlc is another reason people are going to look for any flaw (there will be plenty I'm sure) and tear it apart. If you can't trust professional reviewers than you surely can't trust 90% of user reviews for the opposite reasons.

What happened to the Mass Effect general topic? Or has it all been condensed? I'm about to do insanity Horizon and absolutely dreading it. It seems every mission I've done feels alright once you get use to dying so easily but there will always be one key choke point/awful moment where you die a lot until you do everything right or just keep your teammates in a corner the whole time so you can abuse their powers 24/7. The area up to Okeer's chamber on Grunt's recruit mission was horrible because Kasumi and Miranda kept rushing out of cover even when I set them to stay in a small, safe area. Heavy weapons carriers are the worst but the boss fight was surprisingly easy for me.

I just did Horizon insanity yesterday - and then decided I had to restart because I wasn't happy with how many paragon choices I had made. Anyway horizon was much easier than those blue suns heavy weapon fuckers. The hardest part of horizon were the two scions backed up by husks, and I only failed twice on them because of their lovely shockwave that will hit you even if you've moved 5 meters out of their path. Just keep doing hit and runs on them. The boss is easy but I imagine it will be a long boring fight if you don't have all your heavy weapon ammo left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Dolphin Fetus posted:

What heavy weapon did you take and what party? I feel like insanity would be a good deal easier if your party AI wasn't so god awful. On lower difficulties its never really an issue since stuff dies so fast but on insanity where each fire fight is a long drawn out affair you REALLY need your shield strippers and crowd control that doesn't share your own cooldowns.

I used the collector one you get during the mission, but I only used it to speed up the process as I usually forget I even have one. Stripping the shields without it was easy enough, it was just slow work as a vanguard.

I brought Miranda for warp and Mordin for incinerate, only the collectors and the boss have barriers or shields and I dealt with the regular collectors personally with charge/shotgun.

Both of the party members went down a couple of times during the collector waves and on the scions, but they were smart enough to move away from the boss. When I have to redo it I might consider taking out one of the scions with the heavy weapon.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 6, 2012

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

SymfonyMan posted:

Anyone have a problem on Origin that has their ME3 as "Ready to Install" but does nothing when you click it? I clicked ready to install, it changed to Installing, then after a few windows thinking moments it goes back to ready to install.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE PIRATE GAMES. Add me to the official Origin haters club now. Anyone know how to fix this so I can actually install the game? The Origin live help is obviously outsourced to India an they don't have a grasp on English to understand what the gently caress my problem is. Sorry Sujeet Kumjar. loving EA.

If the answer is yes, I hope you forgive me for asking, but have you tried restarting Origin? I had the restart before it would pre-load on Friday.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

sassassin posted:

Should have been fixing two scram rails to every gun.

Like a man.

The knockback rounds on a shotgun. Explosive on a sniper rifle. Plus a scram rail of course.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Just having finished my ME2 insanity earlier this week (ME3 multiplayer has been taking way too much of my time) as a vanguard, the "right" combo is Miranda plus whatever.

Kasumi is good if it's not reavers. Samara if it is. I took legion for most of the last missions however, just because I wanted to get some use out of him.

When it wasn't a tough mission I'd avoid using Miranda, but once she's levelled up her powers are pretty much perfect. Overload, warp and squad buff.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

dwazegek posted:

Now you've got me imagining a Mass Effect/Firefly crossover.

Uh, must have been thinking ahead for the next sentence and the power reave.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Ok this is starting to get to me now. Is there any way (short of turning squad power usage off) from using completely useless powers, i.e. Liara using Singularity 1 on turrets and phantoms when she has Warp and Stasis maxed? I don't want to spend half the game micro managing their powers because the AI is massively retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Aristobulus posted:

...Don't leave singularity at 1? :psyduck:

It's insanely powerful especially on Liara.

But if you insist, you can always just go to the medbay and respec your squadmembers. That should refund all points and allow you to just not put points in some powers.

It's completely useless on a lone turret, or that phantom I just saw her cast it on.

It's not really that useful on stuff that it actually works on because I can nova them to hell and back.

I don't have enough points left over (yet) from maxing Warp, Stasis and her passive.

But yea, I was considering the respec option but I'm in mission at the moment - and it is really starting to annoy me.

• Locked thread