Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

r1ngwthszzors posted:

AI like EDI and the Geth already proved that it's not inevitable for synthetics and organics to fight all the time.

And to reward their status as apparently the first non-hostile synthetics ever you genocided them! :thumbsup:

Also half your post is spoilers, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I was really worried but James turned out okay. There's just a lot of really great characters that overshadow him.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Anyone know if weapons affect cooldowns on squad members?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Charlie Mopps posted:

Banshees that dont do poo poo but taunt you with bad lines? :stare:

This hurts youaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Hezzy posted:

From the Mass Effect facebook page;

"In other words, we're still not changing anything but we're going to limit bad press by saying we're 'taking player feedback into consideration' "

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ZombyDog posted:

Hey now, to paraphrase the catalyst, "You could destroy the Geth", he didn't say I would destroy the Geth, and given that he said that it could destroy me as well, my Shep was still breathing at the end of it all so I'd say the Geth are ok. Like I'm going to take some million year old entity who routinely scrubs the Galaxy of advanced civilisations at his word.

You definitely see the Geth ships all hosed up and EMP'd during the cutscene you get for Destroy. Sorry, you just genocided all the robutts!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

ZombyDog posted:

Eh I just watched a lovely youtube version because I was sure I didn't see what you claimed, and I still don't - don't ruin this for me.

:crossarms:

Okay now I'm weirded out because the one I just watched didn't have it either. Does that actually change with warscore? Must do research.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

GruntyThrst posted:

:crossarms:

Okay now I'm weirded out because the one I just watched didn't have it either. Does that actually change with warscore? Must do research.

I'm thinking I saw a lovely resolution and confused the Reapers for Geth ships. In any case the Starchild leaves absolutely no leeway for interpretation: "You can wipe out all synthetic life if you want. Including the Geth."

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

You also need to have used every Blue/Red dialogue option ever available with that character. It doesn't have to be all blue, or all red, but it has to have been one of the two every time. occasionally they are hidden behind the left "investigate" side of the wheel.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

One of the many life lessons I have learned is avoid sexual contact with people whose pants/skirt...thing defies physics.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I just want to take everyone with me everywhere. They did really, really good dialogue this time around. I was originally really worried about the seeming lack of dialogue wheels and the presence of more "press A to have scripted conversations" but it turned out pretty good.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The ME3 ending is literally Colonel Sanders from Matrix Reloaded, and that's terrible.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

New ending is everybody chillin on a beach on Earth. Zaeed is wearing a banana hammock.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Viperix posted:

So we've talked about the emotional impact of (big character spoilers)Mordin and Legions deaths, but I found another scene that invoked a different emotion: the Geth Dreadnought. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever been so angry at a video game character before than I was at Han'Garrel after that. I play as a goody two-shoes super-paragon and had zero hesitation punching him and booting him off my ship. Seriously though, anyone else get the vibe that he would sacrifice every last Quarian if it meant destroying the Geth? There's being ruthless, there's being a warmonger, and then there's this dude.

The vast majority of the Quarian admiralty are jackasses, but that guy takes the cake. There are three renegade interrupts everybody should take regardless of their Paragonitude (spoiles, obviously):

Sucker punch that jackass in the gut, Punch through CYBERANIMENINJA's stupid sword, and shoot Udina right in the guddamned chest.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Oh, yeah, I'm also a paragon and I definitely punched the poo poo out of that guy. My roommate took the paragon option, which is apparently, "You did the right thing," but no. You did not do the right thing. You just tried to murder the one person who can unite the galaxy so that you could shoot at a ship that was not shooting back at you as part of a retarded unprovoked war that I am in the process of ending. Eat all of the dicks.

I have NO IDEA why the Paragon option is agreeing with him on opening fire on the enemy vessel while your away team is still inside. That's a straight-up Renegade style "ends justify the means" line.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Soldier for immunity making you invincible or Adept because biotics work on everyone and environmental objects as well.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Enjoy it in SP because for god knows what reason they ruined it in MP by cutting its firing rate down to a third and making it hold less ammo. :smith:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Ambiguatron posted:

I don't know why everyone assumes that Edi's cybernetic booty would crush Joker's pelvis when her mass could be reduced with a mass effect field.

Oh my God why am I thinking about this

Also she's a hyper advanced AI with full control over that body, she'd probably know what level of force to apply. IIRC the "skin" is also flexible so she could assumedly cushion any impacts.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Gaz-L posted:

The pre-rendered trailers, I believe. Also the key in showing how little BioWare care about Kaiden. They did two versions of the footage, with both Shepards... but both use Ashley.

And if we're doing this: The Miracle of Sound dude on the Escapist did one too. I actually kind of like some of his stuff, although I like mid-tempo soft rock more than most.

Kaiden doesn't have boobs.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I'm pretty sure it's just Bioware being dumb and not writing a check to make sure that character doesn't emerge with that ending, not some subtle hint that the starchild was lying. Occam's Razor, people.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

gibbed posted:

Correct. The bits I looked at show that it looks for a henchmen with the following preferences: best friend, good friend, sidekick, true love (not necessarily in that order).

I enjoy that they label it ~true love~~~~

Also why isn't Best Friend just labeled Garrus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Cowcaster posted:

Are you insinuating that people latching onto every single minor inconsistency easily explainable by simple reasons as all adding up into an epic conspiracy that Shepard hallucinated the entire ending and that DON'T WORRY PEOPLE EVERYTHING'S GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT are in the throes of insane hysterics?

Because I want to insinuate that.

Yeah, pretty much.

• Locked thread