Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Every now and then there would be obviously constructed pathways for the Mako in the middle of some mountains and stuff, but they were always positioned in a way that you wouldn't ever see them from the right angle. I always found that really odd, like the map was flipped backward or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

skoolmunkee posted:

Good news everyone! Bioware has released the Extended Cut soundtrack for free. You just have to log into your bioware account on the website, then go to Games, ME3, EC sountrack. Or click this link: http://social.bioware.com/me3ecsoundtrack.php

Oh hey, this is pretty cool. Thanks skoolmunkee.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

God drat dude you're still playing that game?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

If you enjoy it you enjoy it, I just can't believe you're still at it. Do you like ME3 any?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

If they had the guts to make a game with no humans in it they'd have a myriad of settings to make new games in.

Ignoring that, there's always different types of games set in the current setting. Like a flight sim where you play a fighter pilot, or maybe a Sins of a Solar Empire knockoff where you can play as Hackett.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Consensus is it's a resounding "Eh, it's okay I guess."

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I don't think Bioware is really capable of small-scale style narratives. It's really baffling, actually. They're pretty good at small-scale style narrative things but they always put them in "save the world/galaxy/etc" setting. Dragon Age 2 is the closest they came to that, and look how that ended.

I'd like to see them try, but I imagine it would involve getting new writers with not so massive egos.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Haha, that's pretty cool, actually. Has anyone figured out yet how that even happened, it's a different publisher, so I assume they don't use the same pressing location/service?

The disc-manufacturer probably hosed up, if I had to guess.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Pinnacle Station would be great DLC if ME1 had ME3 combat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hammerhead is the best DLC because you can do those in order to get the Collector Ship Ambush mission to trigger faster, so you can get that sweeeet Widow Sniper Rifle/Revenant/Extra gun slot to enjoy the rest of the actual missions with.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Mass Effect 1 will always be special because it has shotguns that actually do damage past "directly in front of you".

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

precision posted:

Hmm, really? That would explain why they all sound the same in 2 and 3, but seriously, in 1 you have the bartender dude and the banker and the emmissary, and they all sound different and have different styles of speaking. They're not all the exact same "haughty dickweed".

Also I forgot how awesome Wrex and Garrus are, especially their elevator banter.

Din Korlack (the volus ambassador) in ME1 will always be my favourite voice. He really loving hates talking to you, it's amazing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

With the way weapon loadouts worked in ME3, I legitimately don't understand the point of SMGs.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

HenessyHero posted:

It's been a while but, iirc, if your Shep was one of the classes with a smaller carrying capacity, you really wanted an SMG with ultralight materials if you wanted a backup to a heavier weapon and still keep your cooldowns nice and low. In most cases you wouldn't need your backup, since ME3 wasn't stingy with clips at all and you had class abilities to work with, but at least their very trivial weights meant you could take one and lose nothing. SMGs could also function as decent tenderizers on shielded mechs and the like, if necessary. I may be misremembering but because of their higher rate of fire they had a higher chance of invoking an ammo side-effect on an enemy for a follow-up, if you were into that.

I guess. Assault Rifles aren't that heavy, and powers do all the damage anyway. Then again I prefer playing as an Infiltrator, so maybe how I play the game is different to most people.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I don't know how you DON'T get billions of credits without even trying. You get *so much* loot in ME1, all of which sell for a shitton to vendors.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah if you didn't help the waitress sisters in ME1, Conrad dies.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The best way to play ME1 is to equip a shotgun and blast faces off the moment some punk shows themselves to you. Of course, if you do this thing you'll be annoyed by the significantly shittier shotguns of the sequels.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Knuc If U Buck posted:

(is Septimus the guy in Aria's quest chain in ME3?). However, I hacked some computers that tell me to go to some planets, and I wanna know if it's gonna be worth it.

1. Yes
2. It's up to you. Personally I think the side-quests are worth doing at least once.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've never lacked for reputation. I don't think it's real.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

EDIT: Nevermind, read posts better in the future

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Zoran posted:

Are you using Immunity? If not, use Immunity. Defensive powers in ME1 are hilariously broken.

They're so broken that they got the nerf bat so hard in the next two games that they're completely useless.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

First Contact was like a seventeen hour "war" and a huge misunderstanding.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

You can use powers on the Mako.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

What? You don't need any DLC. Unless you're talking about multiplayer stuff, but that's free...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Tossing creepers down the central pit with Biotics is a lot of fun, too. I love doing it to the first Greenie Asari right when the mission starts so she can't even finish her speech.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Lycus posted:

I think that totally depends on class. I remember having a tough time at this part on Insanity as an Infiltrator, but all husk/scion fights are ridiculously easy as a Vanguard.

Infiltrator is the husk murder master. Incinerate off their armour, then cryo ammo on your pistol, fire a single shot. Poof. No more husk.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My favourite Mako moment was it randomly shooting up in to the skybox uncontrollably because... I have no idea. It was a flat surface. Just suddenly WAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHohwe'refine.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

RAARRGG! CAR NOT BREAK FAN, SMOG CAUSE BABY CHOKE AND DIE!! SAFETY FIRST!!!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Just say "Bioware" the next time anyone starts talking about how having a "justifiable ego".

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Mass Effect 4's opening cinematic is the Synthesis ending playing, the frame sloooowly pulling back to reveal it's being played on a movie screen. Cut to Shepard and friends looking confused. "Well, that got weird." quips Joker. Everyone leaves the screening of THE FIRST HUMAN SPECTRE and now the real ME2 begins. :downs:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think Peter Molyneux is more an excited little puppy than a liar.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Pattonesque posted:

Do you remember in Priority: Earth, when you saw that little glimpse of the armies you gathered listening to Hackett's speech, and you were all excited to see how'd they'd be used in the actual battle, and you kept waiting and waiting for a geth juggernaut to drop in or for a group of STG to save you, and then you realized that said glimpse was all you were gonna get?

Yeah I kept expecting during that "defend the missiles" bit that, like, a Geth Juggernaught was going to land on top of a Cannibal and start blastin' Banshees with me and poo poo.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

monster on a stick posted:

The only reason to get it is if you REALLY like Aria - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I would not get it otherwise.

This describes no one.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Carth rules and Kaiden rules.
:colbert:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

As stupid as it was, ME1 certainly conveyed the Krogan were hard as gently caress to kill.

I'VE BEEN SHOOTING AT YOU NON-STOP FOR A MINUTE AND A HALF WHILE YOU SQUIRM ON THE GROUND AND YOU'RE STILL ALIVE HOLY poo poo

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

ME1 will always have a place in my heart for having one of the most satisfying final acts to a video game. Rush through an army of robots trying to kill you in your tank to teleport to the Citadel with a big OH gently caress HURRY UP counter, crash your tank on to a bunch of robots, get in the elevator, shoot your way out of the elevator and space-walk the right of the way shootin punk-rear end robots on the way.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

If it makes you guys feel better, humans are trash tier in the multiplayer of ME3.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I quite liked ME1's combat. It was janky and clunky, but I feel like with some proper touching up it would have been truly great. ME2 and ME3 are a lot of fun as well, but they're so different.

Krogan are actually threatening in ME1. Biotics actually feel impressive and powerful. Enemy chatter is hilarious.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

To put it as bluntly as possible: Kreia thinks the Force is an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I like it the most, actually. One of the most satisfying endings to a video game I've played.

• Locked thread