Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Alectai posted:

To make peace. You need to let him upload he data, then if you made all the criteria beforehand, you Upper Left Blue the next discussion, and Peace is Made.

If you didn't meet the criteria, then welp. Not going to lie, I'd have been torn too in that position

So, what's this I hear about Bioware loving up Tali's face?

So,what is the criteria for peace? I helped Legion convert the Reaper worshiping Geth into noraml Geth, is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, me too.

Speaking of which, what happens if I don't take the renegade interrupt and shoot Udina? Does he live afterwards or does it gently caress something up?

In my game, Kaiden blasted him instead. :iiam:

Also on the war readiness/assets and the best ending, according to BioWare you don't need to do MP to get it. All MP does is allow you to get it with less overall assets.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 8, 2012

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Gadzuko posted:

Yeah, that's definitely bullshit. It's mathematically impossible, I gathered every asset and made virtually every correct decision and was still short of the absolute best ending even with 71% readiness.

Well according to the guys who actually made the thing there's more than enough assets in the game to get the best ending. Chances are you missed something or made a bad decision somewhere.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-9665384-1.html

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Wingless posted:

I think they are lying to avoid the fallout from a bad design decision. I gathered every asset possible and still would need twice what I have to get the best ending. There are a few decisions I made that were not ideal, but from what I've seen about the impact of various decisions after reloading a few saves, there is no way it would get that high.

Maybe...maybe if you made absolutely every decision perfectly from the very start of ME1 I could buy that maybe you would reach 10k exactly, but I really think they're just lying to cover their asses after the negative backlash to the mandatory multiplayer mechanic.

Kuddles; the helmet stays on.

And that's it right there. Bioware has said that there's a very specific path that leads towards the best ending for paragon/renegade characters, (involving choices in all three games) and not making those ideal choices locks you out unless you play MP.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

Everything about Allers is bad. Her model is so poorly made that its worse than ME2 Miranda. Her voice acting sounds like they just go some random person off the street to read lines. And her writing is pretty awful too.

My only guess about her design is that they wanted a reporter love interest and decided to make her different from the other reporters. 'We already have a confident and good report and we have a tabloid journalist. I know what we need! A complete airhead that sounds like she's has a giant wad of gum in her mouth at all times. Brilliant!'

Well, you can't really expect much from Jessica "Licked a PSP" Chobot or w/e the gently caress her name is.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

The Year 20XX posted:

Quarian/geth question: I just blew up the Reaper on Rannoch, and now I have to choose between the quarians and the geth. There isn't any sort of "peace" option. Did I not do enough to work towards peace, and now I have to choose one or the other?

It depends on poo poo in ME2 as well, you have to convert the Geth Heretics, don't get Tali exiled at her trial, rescue the quarian admiral in ME3, and do the quarian/geth sidequests up to that point in order to qualify for peace.

CaptainCarrot posted:

This is a lie. Plain and simple. You cannot get the best ending without 5000 warscore, and you can't do that without multiplayer.

Wrong, you only need 4k if you save Anderson and that's possible to achieve in single player with an imported save. Stop talking if you can't get it right.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

As far as endings and DLC goes, I could easily see them coming out with DLC that has you fetching or creating some new/ancient technology that allows hyperspace jumps or something. would solve the problem of galactic society collapsing after the mass relays go poof. Or hell, maybe us all being super cybogs now allows to simply invent new relays or whatever.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Stroth posted:

Okay, I've seen this posted a bunch of times and I'm sick of it. So lets end this.

Who here has managed to get 8000+ war assets?

Not 'I saw on another forum.' Not 'Well, Bioware says you can do it.' Who here has done it themselves? Anybody? Anybody at all? Show me a loving screenshot.

I'm at nearly an effective 3k (2800 ish I think, although I have to swing by the Citadel to turn in some poo poo) and I'm only just starting Priority: Perseus Veil. 1k more by the Cerebus mission should be doable.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 9, 2012

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Internet Meme posted:

Does Jarvik say anything interesting about past history during later missions? I took him along for a few missions hoping he'd make comments about the past of certain races, but I've been sorely disappointed every time.

Yeah, he does some poo poo on Thessia. (Asari homeworld)

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Does anyone know if gibbed's save editor allows you to change Readiness?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Could anyone tell me if there's any War Assets on Thessia, and if so what's it called exactly? Or are the Quarian/Geth Fleets the last bit?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

A while ago someone mentioned that the poker table in the Normandy never gets used, well check there after killing the reaper on Rannoch. Kaiden and James were playing poker, bastards won't deal me in though because Vega cleaned Kaiden's clock! :argh:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Anybody know how to edit my Paragon score/decrease renegade? I think I got two points of renegade by buying those marines in Purgatory a drink with James and now I can't select the last loving paragon coversation for the illusive man! :argh:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Your checks are decided by your total reputation, not your renegade/paragon score. My bar at the end was about 95% paragon and I could choose any renegade option if I wanted to.

As always, choosing the passive that buffs your reputation is the way to go.

Good, because I went back and watched all of the Illusive Man scenes, and apparently I may have missed the option on Thessia. You have to choose the left middle option to open up the paragon/renegade thing there, unlike every other drat choice in the game. Guess I'll have to back everything up and fiddle with increasing my reputation until it works.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Nope, reputation does not affect the Illusive Man choice what-so-ever. I just jacked it up to high heaven the last choice was still loving grey. If anyone knows where I might find the trigger for the paragon persuade option on Thessia, it would be much appreciated.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Milli posted:

I think you have to paragon/renegade option him every time you meet him in the game to get the final check at the end.

Yeah you, and the one on Thessia is really easy to miss if you just choose the right "lets advance the conversation" rather than the left "give me more info" thing. I'm pouring through giddeb's editor trying to find a way to fix it.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Subterfrugal posted:

I am concerned that most people miss the scene where Tali gets drunk off her rear end and drunk dials Javik. You don't get to see it unless a certain character Miranda dies.

I submit that this scene justifies the extinction of the Geth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQd5qjOxGnI

Uh, I got that scene despite said npc being completely alive and talking to me via the comm guy on the final mission. Pretty sure it's bugged, because I had no loving idea what Tali was talking about.

Monday Averted posted:

All this in his last post I agree with.

I still don't understand how or why they managed to gently caress up the ending so badly after having such awesome narrative moments throughout the game. Such a great buildup then bam ruined in a ten minutes flat.

Also I didn't see the red lines reach the Perseus Viel, but just to be safe they need to confirm that the Geth made it out okay. I didn't go through all the drat trouble of brokering peace only to have them wiped out a couple days later.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 10, 2012

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

User0015 posted:

I was curious about a class discussion thread as well. I think I'm going to do a renegade run using downloaded saves + Gibbed's editor to set everything up and port it to my Xbox. The question is, what class should I pick? My current run is pure adept with max Pull/Throw/Warp, Pull/Throw x2 and tons of cooldown reduction.

Combat consists of throwing out two Pulls every single second and then Throwing at anything that isn't shielded/armored. Warp for shielded enemies. Grenades for armored enemies/loving Turrets. But I'm tired of spamming Y until half the battlefield is hovering around my head, then a Throw that causes Biotic Explosions that send guys everywhere. I need combat a little more...visceral? A little more death-defying? More awesome?

It's just not enough. I need more. I want to punch an Atlas to death, goddamnit! I want to walk up to(or arrive at) a loving Turret and just punch the engineer cowering behind it in the face, then break his little toys. I want to Not Give A gently caress, ever, in any circumstance against any enemy.

Get shockwave and max it out, easily my favorite biotic power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Didja Redo posted:

I wouldn't even mind so much if he was actually as badass as he's played up to be. Everyone's like "Whoa, this guy's loving scary, watch out" and yet both fights with him are a joke. I didn't get hit once because he spent the entire time posing, doing backflips and running away to recharge. And then he acts like he got the better of you because he called in a gunship to blow the building up.

I mean I really wanted to kill the dude so mission accomplished there I guess, but it was nothing to do with righteous anger and everything to do with him being a lovely, petty villain who only "won" because he had plot armour.

Thats what really pissed me out about him. I hate it when characters are loving arrogant as hell when it's so drat undeserved. Plus his design sucks, a cyborg Asian ninja assassin who fights with a sword and an energy blaster hand? Really BioWare? ugh

• Locked thread