Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This game's combat is really bad. Dudes respawn in sight, behind you while you're taking cover, whatever. Dudes literally drop out of the sky on jetpacks because they can't figure out a way to make the combat work otherwise. The combat is cover-based, ME2 schlock with a little bit of DA2 "oh hey, dudes spawn out of nowhere outside of the range at which you can be effective but they can still shoot you. why, because gently caress you, that's why."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
FPSes like 6 generations ago didn't have enemies that magically respawn in your field of view, but apparently we're regressing

How do you like the idea of dudes who can spawn other dudes who are tough to kill and highly capable of killing you just magically appearing whenever the game feels it's appropriate?? Well, buy ME3, and enjoy the Cerberus Engineer/combat turret train. Good design, and enjoyable!!

hypocrite lecteur fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 6, 2012

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

1stGear posted:

It's a pretty hardcore exaggeration. The combat in this game is fine, as evidenced by the fact that some people are buying it for the multiplayer.

It isn't an exaggeration in the slightest. I've played this game for like 2 hours and there have already been multiple instances of "defend this open area where enemies will literally drop out of the sky to attack you". It's really lovely design.

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CaptainCarrot posted:

Nope. They're dropped off by shuttles, sometimes directly, and sometimes into a room above you that you can't access, and that's on open maps; on the closed maps, they simply get sent out from the areas you haven't yet reached, or, again, from shuttles. Enemies don't ever come from nowhere, not like Dragon Age 2.

Enemies drop from skylights and from doors you can't go through. Your statement's basically wilfully wrong. Keep on being apologetic for some pretty awful design, not sure what it gets for you but go nuts

hypocrite lecteur
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
He's in the refugee docks

Does New Game+ get you anything special? It doesn't give you a chance to repick your class and I don't wanna do the same class again

• Locked thread