Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
So what are the chances of any of the bonus DLCs being free again tonight? Sadly I don't have Tuesday off from work and I should have some sleep tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Question about scanning, is there any math behind how fast Reapers sense you? I understand if you're in a Reaper controlled system that they'd find you faster but I've had instances where they find me after a single scan.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Question about Rannoch How the hell do I defeat the Reaper? I've hit it with the targeting laser a few times and I get to the part where the Reaper gets really close and time slows down. What am I supposed to do? The laser doesn't seem to charge fast enough and I keep dying.

Also, anybody figure out where to buy/find the Collector rifle?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Having the Rich achievement unlocks Spectre weapons for every career you have. That was one of the nice things ME1 did, just about every non-DLC achievement included a bonus in-game past gamerscore points.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Mass Effect: Infiltrator is now out for Android.

Other than galaxy at war score do this offer any bonuses/unlocks in ME3?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
My biggest problem is learning the controls. I'm having trouble switching weapons and using powers. That might be a mixture of fat fingers and a phone case that makes it harder to press the buttons in the corners of the screen. I don't know if anybody else has the same issue or if it's just me so take that with a grain of salt. So far it seems good as like it was already mentioned, the production value for the graphics and sound is really good.

Can't say I'm a fan of the in-game purchases. It's one thing to sell extra credits, but the "bonus" or doubling the rate at which you earn credits in game costs as much as the full game.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

HoveringCheesecake posted:

I wonder if they could ever add the new MP weapons to SP? With balance adjustments, of course. Some of the new stuff is interesting and would add a little more flavor to the single player.

My guess is they'll either fold it into story DLCs or as their own separate download.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
After the final battle and ending you get dumped back on the Normandy just before the point of no return. There's even a screen saying you can "Continue to build [your] legend through further gameplay and downloadable content."

Think of it like Fallout New Vegas' DLC, there's still only the final battle but more stuff's being added to do before that. Though I wouldn't hope for any open-ending stuff like FO3 Broken Steel or Mass Effect 2's open galaxy if Shepard survived the suicide mission.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Depending on your platform you can mod your save file to get the choices you want.

I've been waiting for the Extended cut to start my next playthrough, but did they ever fix not being able to reset Javik's powers?

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 25, 2012

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Space Racist posted:

I haven't really touched ME3 since completing my first (and possibly only) playthrough back in April, but I've been reading about the Omega DLC and thinking about picking it back up (after all, I still have four more playthroughs from ME2 to import :shepface: ). Was Leviathan worthwhile? If it's something on the level of Overlord from ME2, I could be down with that.

I thought it was pretty good. 2 new weapons, a host of new weapon mods, a new bonus power Dominate, and more insight into the motivation and creation of the Reapers. It sadly doesn't impact the ending much, even with the EC endings it's not much more than a few lines of dialogue, though Leviathan does add up to 620 more Galaxy at War points.

I'd agree with you and put it on par with Overlord, though with the $10/800pts price I'd encourage you to look for either a deal on points or an inevitable sale.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Has there been any mention of new armor or guns to be found while playing the new DLC? Normally I'd expect to see another pack like Firefight or Groundside resistance, but since Citadel is being billed as the last DLC I'm hoping that they're included.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Dan Didio posted:

Future games only being prequels would be the one thing that would make me stop looking at the Mass Effect series. There's a lot of interesting stuff they could do with a post-trilogy game series. Limiting such an expansive galaxy to a very thoroughly pre-explored and detailed time would be a really depressing move.

There's probably some good stories and games to be had in prequel materials, as long as they stay away from the books and comics as sources. I'd also keep away from anything that's too fan-serviceish like Garrus's time on Omega.

In my mind at least, there's more to work with post-ME3. You've got collapse of galactic as well as local governments, you could waive away the endings by saying some Reapers and Geth were outside the reach of the Crucible signal, or even the Leviathans coming back. Start off with limited systems and planets to explore, kill enemies to gain access to working relays, or make alliances to fix broken ones, with your choices making a branched path through the story with those same decisions impacting the outcomes of those missions.

You could even have one set during the events of ME1-3, with the game reading your saves to help change the story along the way.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

How long does it typically take Bioware (or EA I guess) to slash the cost of their DLC? I just got ME3 for the PC for free due to my copy of SimCity, but I am reluctant to purchase the DLC for it at its current price since I already own ME2 and ME3 on the ps3.

I'd just suck it up and buy the DLC for my playstation copy, but with the ps4 on the horizon that just seems like throwing bad money after worse...

For PS3, you're better off finding a deal on PSN cards. For PC, the BioWare points themselves will go on sale every once and a while but DLC even less often.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm not ignoring that, I'm just noting that Kasumi was not developed after the game was already out and was already integrated into the game well before she officially came out. There was even leftover evidence that you were originally going to meet her on Illium and that her and Zaeed had both recruitment and loyalty missions. None of Zaeed's or Javik's mission content is on the disc either and they were available to download on day one. It was probably just easier to integrate them into the main game by having it already on the disc rather than having to package all of that poo poo up into a DLC file.
When people found Kasumi on disc, I think the line from BioWare/EA was that the game's engine makes it hard to add the DLC character's themselves after the fact. So a placeholder Kasumi and her combat and mission comment lines are on disc, but like From Ashes her loyalty mission and the Locust are what you're actually downloading.

BrokenKnees fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 19, 2013

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Dan Didio posted:

I thought Shale was a perfectly acceptable Project Ten Dollar implementation, but I'm not so hot on Javik and Sebastian's implementation as inbuilt in specific editions of the game only.

At the same time, though, if I'm paying extra for a special edition/DLC, then I would want the content included to be substantial. Double edged sword.

Seconding the love for Shale, she and Zaeed are pretty much in the party for the entire time when I'm playing these games.

I think the ME2 and 3 limited editions hit a sweetspot for the bonuses. Extra weapons that are unique while not over-powered some extra physical goodies like artbooks and steelbook cases. My only issue with the limited edition for 3 is that the DLC with extra squadmate outfits doesn't have one for all the squadmates, even Javik who's included with the limited edition.

Dragon Age 2's only benefit was that you could get the Signature edition with Sebastian and some bonus armor and weapons for the same price as the regular copy just for pre-ordering. Although you could have easily wait a month and gotten the game and DLC for a lot cheaper than $60.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I bought ME3 on release day and played through it so many times and this is the first time I've even heard of this weapon. I just looked it up, what the hell, how did I not know about this until now?

oh well time to play it again i guess

They hide it pretty well in SP, behind a button pressing puzzle then requiring you to backtrack a room or two to the now unlocked area with it.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Starhawk64 posted:

I wonder what was Bioware's thought process was when making that ending. Frankly, it screams "Our budget ran out lol." Also, what is a good bonus power for a Solider. I know it's the most boring class in the game, but I like the variety of bullet powers and the Adrenaline rush Rush power. You can keep your fancy tech and biotic powers, guns work just fine for me. :clint:

At least one interview mentioned the ending being written by 2-3 guys in a office separate from the rest of the writers and devs. So it stems from a lack of discussion and chances for other people to offer changes. You could also argue that they had written themselves into a corner, leaving a lack of options, like still having Rachni even if you killed the Queen in the first game.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Remake of Rogue Squadron with Mass Effect ships instead. Though the only issue with that is there only being like 4 ship designs that aren't the Normandy.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Since they want to have ties to the story from the original games, what are the chances of a re-release on PS4/Xbone? I wouldn't expect it until after the new Dragon Age, but they've mentioned doing it once or twice.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Drifter posted:

What do you guys think would make for a good story for the next ME?

It depends on how far in time/space they're setting it from the first 3 games. There's definitely a good story in rebuilding the galaxy after the Reapers, and even if they aren't the main threat anymore I wouldn't expect them to be absent from the new game. Though they'd have to do a decent job backtracking some of the stuff from ME3's ending, like having a Reaper or two escaping Destroy/Control, or having Synthesis being temporary.

Batarians and Vorcha for squadmates, more squadmates in general with some forced for certain missions to help avoid my "go to" squads like Garrus/Wrex Garrus/Zaeed or Garrus/Javik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Kameh posted:

Holiday 2016 gives us enough time to get a remastered ME trilogy released on the XBOne before then...right? I'll take the trilogy on backwards compatibility if it's not super janky, but I see all of these pretty HD textures on the PC versions, and I get jealous. :ohdear:

Microsoft has said that multi-disc games aren't working at the moment, so 2 and 3 are out for now.

• Locked thread