Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Lemon King posted:

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway
M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle Giveaway - only 4.8k left, snagged one myself.
Single Player Only

Sweet, thanks for the heads-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I think the citadel: alien medi gel formula quest is bugged - i can't talk to anyone in the hospital. I already got the stuff, but the person that's supposed to be in the patient lounge isn't there/won't talk to me. Anyone else having this problem?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

fivegears4reverse posted:

It's possible you may have advanced far enough into the game that the NPC disappears, but that is literally the only thing that would cause her to go away that isn't a bug.

I've done exactly one story mission, the DLC one, nothing else. Hmmm.

Also I got the stuff before getting the quest, maybe that's the problem?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

fivegears4reverse posted:

So wait, for the Alien Medigel, you did the N7 Mission to get the things, found the gel, then you did the DLC?

It could be that the DLC 'advances' time for that NPC to disappear, which would still be pretty much a bug. I didn't have DLC available in my first playthrough, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is one of the factors.

Well gently caress *upturns table*

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Ok, the medigel citadel quest problem I had just resolved itself, the doctor showed up after I had done another priority mission.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

EDI spoilers: I CANNOT believe I'm playing Hitch for Jooker and EDI. Holy LOL

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I am loving the gently caress out of this game. I am known to be pleased easily, but poo poo, this is basically all I had hoped for, with a few tiny things that aren't 100% perfect. I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who enjoyed 1 and 2 and to action RPG fans in general.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Hizawk posted:

I love going to the store, buying a game, coming home and not being able to play it. This loving Origin service is beyond stupid. I've never heard of it before, yet it says my email address is already in the system? And when I request them to send my password to me none arrives.

So I cant install a game I bought and have physical copies of?

Is this thing loving serious?

Your Origin account is also your EA account and also you Bioware account.

Check your spam.

Yeah it's pretty lovely, but I've kinda gotten used to it since it's having similar problems steam used to have, and I love the gently caress out of steam.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Since I'm only an hour and a half in, I'm considering restarting as an infiltrator. How do they feel in singleplayer?

Mordiceius posted:

So has anyone played infiltrator in singleplayer and want to let me know how it feels?

On the PC, crazy overpowered (how I like my snipers to be), because you get the slow down thingy on zoom AND mouse control, plus a lot of stuff on skills/armor/weapons increases headshot damage, so basically you're oneshotting EVERYTHING, plus you can go invisible/invincible(if you get to cover) anytime (which further increases your damage), plus you can shoot fireballs when ammo's short, plus you can hack synthetics. Disruptor ammo stunes guys that magically live through your headshots, heads explode (which is the best thing ever)...

Man I love my infiltrator.

EDIT: Did I mention I love headshots? Oh, and this is on hardcore.

Schurik fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 6, 2012

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Name one other character that has hit on you that strongly in your introduction conversation.

Just shut up dude, you're embarrassing yourself.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Yeah, instead of providing someone with a one word answer that would make their entire argument invalid (note: this answer doesn't actually exist) I like to just tell them they're making a fool of themselves on a comedy forum on the internet.

I do this of course with my faded text and cancer patient avatar that's a side effect of me posting in a subforum where pretty much the only objective is to post like an rear end in a top hat and embarrass yourself.

If you need your homophobia explained to you it's probably not even worth the effort of one word. I'm gonna let you have the last word on this though, was just trying to give you a heads-up.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I just got the Black Widow. Game. Over.

Three Rounds, each one kills everything without shields or Armor with one shot, everything that has shields or armor gets a tactical cloak headshot: instant death. I got myself some armor-piercing ammo as a bonus power, which makes Atlases hilarious. Also I have 40 spare rounds and can puncture through 1m of cover. I don't even carry a sidearm. This is on hardcore btw.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Ambiguatron posted:

There's an obvious disconnect between the character/mission writers and the overall plot, particularly at the ending. The discord between the squad members' final words before the last battle and the ending are jarring. No one will achieve whatever they said they were going to do after the war is over.

I read all of your posts as if your av was saying them and it makes them even funnier.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Andrast posted:

Does anyone know if it is possible to set a save to New game+ -mode using gibbed's save editor? I'd like to upgrade weapons to the maximum level.

On a related note, is it possible to start again from ME1, import the save from 2, and have it count as a new game+ in 3? Or do I have to import a ME3 Shepard?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Phylodox posted:

And then you think about it for five minutes and next thing you know you're right back here complaining as loudly as anyone.

Or not, like me.Still like the ending in retrospect. Still get PMs from people accusing me of trolling.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

Javik's arc was undeniably cool, he had two moments that were very moving (meeting people on the Citadel and helping Liara with her grief), but I have to say his initial shtick was also quite awesome in its way:

That screenshot is dope as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Cannot loving wait.

• Locked thread