Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Beat the game, and was wondering if multiplayer only effected one character profile or would it effect all profiles.

So if I keep playing MP but import a save/start a new game later with a new Shep, would any of my multiplayer stuff result in a slight bonus for galactic readiness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Why did Cerberus attack the salarian base for Eve or the citadel again? I understood assaulting mars for information on how to use the reapers and control them, but was the attack on the citadel simply to try and kill the council or to capture the citadel for the catalyst or something? And why would the krogans be an immediate threat to their operation?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Did the game ever explain why Udina is now the councilor and Anderson was a general when Anderson was a councilor in my ME2 playthrough? Just a simple "after the poo poo with the batarians, I decided to step down and get reinstated and give udina the position" sentence would have worked.

Was this ever brought up in-game?

Viridiant posted:

Yeah.

Losing Mordin and Thane made me misty eyed, and Tali killing herself was harsh, but I think I would just start bawling if I lost Garrus.

He is the best squadmate.

Stop lying, everyone knows Wrex is the best party member ever, ecspecially when he does what the krogan do best: kill giant monsters so the rest of the galaxy doesn't have to.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

dwazegek posted:

Shep is Canadian though :v:

so if Shep is earthborn, they were raised in the shittiest slums of Canada?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Aces High posted:

so we need more Childhood's End and less...generic sci-fi. I agree, although when I first played through the trilogy I rolled my eyes a bit at Sovereign's whole "we are legion, you cannot comprehend us" shtick because it seemed a little overwrought for a video game. However all the Harbinger poo poo in ME2 is more of the same and that was great, so I dunno, maybe I just felt the delivery in ME1 was schlock but in ME2 they figured out how to actually make it not sound cliche.

Then we got ME3 and the starchild and that led to a nice :what: reaction from me. Also, because I bought all the DLC before beating ME3 the first time, that meant I also got all the Leviathan stuff so opening up that conversation option brought on an even more "are you loving kidding me with this?" reaction.

Out of curiosity, people did not like the ABC ending here and I have heard that apparently Fallout 3 had a similar ending and reaction so I have to ask: did people actually like the ABC ending in Deus Ex?

Fallout 3 has a total ending in an open world game with a HUGE loving overlooked problem of having a radiation proof mutant who could make the sacrifice for you, so people got pissed at how that worked out. They had to fix it with Broken Steel due to fan backlash.

Deus Ex offered 3 different and interesting endings that weren't just shades of each other, though I guess some people might be upset by the fact that none of those endings are happy, or how you achieve all three at the final room in the game, but those really aren't that bad.

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 11, 2016

• Locked thread