Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Zilkin posted:

Thats what annoys me the most too. What is really weird to me is that how good job they did with finishing the stories of Thane, Legion, Miranda, etc. but then go and completely gently caress up having a decent closure to the main storyline. Also I hate how the ending basically resets every single choice you have made along the way. No matter what you have done you will have the exact same three choices available to you at the end, and those choices don't even have much variation. The mass relays will be destroyed and the Normandy crashes in the middle of nowhere.

Also they had to shoehorn that kid into there, and they had to have him talk. gently caress that kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Crows Turn Off posted:

ded posted:

I had no loving idea you had to play the multiplayer in order to have a better SINGLE player game. :psyduck:

Who the gently caress thought this bullshit up?
Technically, you don't have to, but it's almost impossible otherwise.

Is it? I played 3 rounds of MP (the fourth one bugged out), got up to 58% or whatever and could choose from 3 endings.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

DerDestroyer posted:

You can choose from 3 endings with 50% readiness and about 6900 in War Assets the problem is you need at least 4000 readiness score to modify the Destroy everything ending so that Shepard comes out alive.

By the way I think the thread title really should've been this: The final solution to the Synthetic problem.

Oh, I have no idea if my shep lived or died. Everyone turned green and some old dude told stories about shep. I'm guessing that means shep died.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Verloc posted:

Is the $200,000 spectre shotgun worth the purchase price? I wound up rolling with the Scimitar (AKA Michael Flatley's Lord of The Shotguns) pretty much exclusively during my vanguard playthrough but I'm wondering if it's worth saving the big pile of space ducats for it on another playthrough.

Dunno about the spectre shotgun, but the spike thrower is pretty badass. You get 3 shots before a reload, and each shot can be charged. Things just die.

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Verloc posted:

The spike thrower is loving awesome, any gun where "user is eaten alive by a thresher maw" is a primary design consideration is :black101: as gently caress. The problem is the weight is just murderous on my recharge time. I'll look into the disciple though, anything that helps with the Vanguard ABCs is welcome.

Never thought about the weight, but I started using it pretty late game so I already had ridiculously fast cooldown time and the extra weight didn't really matter :v:

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
So, I'm guessing more DLC down the road means it will be easier to get higher EMS without multiplayer. At least I hope so. Would be kinda funny if it suddenly became impossible to max out EMS because the MP died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Ambiguatron posted:

You know what else the ending is missing? Since it's implied that the computer represented by virtual ghost child is controlling them all, and they're the remains of previous races combined into single, synthetic forms, it follows that they are effectively slaves of this central intelligence. An ending where Shepard frees them from that control somehow (talking the Catalyst out of it or blowing it up) and has to convince the assembled races not to fight them would be pretty awesome. It'd be sort of repetitive after the Geth/Quarian thing, but it turning out that the Reapers were themselves basically huge husks robbed of their free will would be a hell of a twist and would fit with the 'everyone should be free, give peace a chance' theme.

I tried to shoot the kid, but you can't kill holograms. :saddowns:

• Locked thread