Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

You know it really loving bothers me that to destroy the reapers you have to destroy the geth even after I went through all that trouble to save them and talked about how they were alive and the only other alternative available to me is controlling the reapers which 5 minutes ago Shepard was talking about how dumb that is..

Also with this being the end of the trilogy and all how can they seriously not give us any closure of all the major decisions we've made? It feels super lovely to have them all devolve into +5 War Effort.

I loved the game until I got to the ending and now I want to uninstall.

Too Poetic fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

TheSpiritFox posted:

So has anyone gone to the upper bar in purgatory and had a few too many drinks yet?

If you haven't, you should.
Why? I just passed out and ended up on the couch next to Aria.

Am I missing something? She doesnt even say anything.

Too Poetic fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 10, 2012

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Walrus Pete posted:

I am flabbergasted that Bioware was able to put together such a great game, and then somehow tack on that abortion of an ending without realizing that it sucked. I enjoyed the entire game (except the repeated dream sequence that wasn't even interesting the first time) up to the end, and then Mass Effect took a gigantic poo poo all over itself. No real closure whatsover. You just make a decision, watch some explosions, then get one tiny meaningless scene and roll credits. The decisions themselves are fine IMO (although I would have liked an ending where the relays don't blow up, but whatever) - it would have been great if only they had put together an actual epilogue. As it is, we end up knowing jack loving nothing about what happens to ANYONE after the battle at Earth. The reapers are dead/gone/us, hooray! What now? Nobody loving knows!

Christ, I shouldn't be getting mad at video games like this but the entire finale except for the actual ending is so good. Why, Bioware :(
I actually liked the dream sequence. I thought it was kind of cool to show all the people that Shepard had lost having an effect on him/her

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Dolphin Fetus posted:

So..I'm about to do the assault on the Cerberus base/Illusive Man's HQ , whats the point of no return? Also I've religiously scanned planets in clusters and tried to do every sidequest but my EMS is still only 3435. Does it go up later on or am I essentially screwed out of the good ending? If so that's just bullshit. I imported a file from ME2, granted I didn't do overlord or arrival but everyone survived and I made the "right" decisions.

I can't get anymore N7 missions and I haven't gotten anymore sidequests. I'm tired of checking each cluster when they are at 75%, scanning for 40 seconds then VRMPHHHHHHHHHHHH and turning around, go back in and the last resource is fuel. Assets only appear on planets at least?
There is no good ending only different lovely ones.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Arkitektbmw posted:

No not even close. Jesus was around 2000 years ago...he wasn't the first.

Anyways, just read up on the indoctrination theory and I have to say it sounds pretty viable.
I seriously doubt the indotrination theory, mostly because it'd be really really lovely for us to buy a game without a proper ending. Imagine the backlash of a developer selling you a game and not even giving you a real ending only to sell it later as DLC, there would be hell to pay.

• Locked thread