Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Funnily enough, the pained look on Admiral dude's face here pretty much mirrored my own for the majority of this DLC.

Don't buy this DLC.

Unless you want two space apartments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

orcane posted:

You keep saying this, but configuration issues and Garrus' face aside, it's really not a bad port at all. It provides a better squad UI, improved Mako controls without "drive where you aim" bullshit, competent controls for keyboard/mouse (better IMO than the ME2 port) and manages to run pretty well compared to the console versions which run on fumes.

And if I recall correctly, Garrus' face can be fixed right up by a simple tweak to an ini file: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2282965

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There is only one acceptable use for the Cain: finishing off the Reaper Larva.

The resulting explosion (which is particularly glorious if you manage to nail the sucker in the head) carries over into the cutscene and it looks totally loving badass :rock:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Drifter posted:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/5314761/1

It's not officially sanctioned, they wouldn't have it as shop DLC or anything.

ME3 has a similar (and far bigger in scope) texture modding community: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-9735492-1.html

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nope, even if you pursue a romance with Kelly it still counts you as being faithful to your ME1 love interest. Mainly because it doesn't exactly have the same mechanics the regular romances in ME2 have.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Feros: Garrus/Wrex
Dig Site: Garrus/Wrex
Noveria: Garrus/Wrex
Virmire: Garrus/Wrex
Ilos and Citadel (You can't switch in between right?): Garrus/Wrex

Fixed that up a bit for you. ;)

Actual advice: - Be sure to always take someone who has Decryption and Electronics; being an Adept, you don't have either (unless you picked one as a bonus skill) and that could lock you out of quite a bit of content.

- Taking Liara on the Dig Site mission might be difficult, seeing as that's the mission you pick her up on.

- On Virmire, let Kaiden die because killing Ashley leaves you with basically only one heavy combat capable companion (Wrex). So unless you wanna take Wrex on practically every missi... actually never mind kill Ash

In general, most combinations are fine as long as you have a Tech person in there somewhere.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 28, 2013

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

You think that's bad, take a look at Reaper Shepard(s):

"concept art" my aaaaaaaa :unsmigghh:

edit: Seriously though, I do like what he replaced the Stargazer scene with:

quote:

Words scrawl across a black screen.

(Admiral or Councilor Anderson narrates)
"Forty years ago, humanity learned it was not alone in the universe. In the time that followed, the Galaxy revealed itself: new civilizations and discoveries, mysteries to unlock, and stories to tell --- a story for each of us."

"Nothing is insignificant. No matter how small, one (man's or woman's) choices may set in motion the events that change reality itself."

"We call it...Mass Effect"

Somewhat corny? Yes. Big ol' sense of closure, though.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 21, 2014

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

etalian posted:

They missed lots of other good trolling chances like making Tali a revolting alien under the mask.

As well as the inevitable sad yet strangely heartwarming responses like "What matters is on the inside, my love :nyoron:"

All I know is, the BSN sweat guy would probably be on-loving-board.

edit: I am getting serious flashbacks to the Saints Row 4 romances here

there is also dialogue about Jack getting the N7 insignia tattooed on her butt :cripes:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 21, 2014

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, Drifter's probably thinking of Morinth, who ends up like that if you let her live in ME2.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Fairly sure that any modifications to the ME1 imported world state in Gibbed don't actually take effect until you start a new ME2 game. Sorry. :(

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Well that sucks. I wanted to shoot him in the foot. Weird that it screwed up the save and hit two conflicting flags.

That's actually been a bug since launch; even if you were nice to him, Conrad will always think you went all Renegade on him when you see him on Illium in 2. They even reference the mistake in 3. No idea why your game thinks he's straight-up dead, though, unless you failed to pick Blue or Red dialogue options in that final conversation with him on the Citadel in ME1, in which case I think he goes and gets himself killed.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Debated for a bit on posting this here, as it is technically a rumor, but gently caress it here goes: Dude on Reddit took an incredibly-descriptive survey for the next Mass Effect. This is the exact same way a bunch of deets for Inquisition got out.

I'm not going to quote the whole thing here, as it's lengthy and chock-full of PR speak, but here's a handy and concise summary done by a guy on NeoGAF:

"EatChildren posted:

NARRATIVE:
Premise: Set in the Helius Cluster of the Andromeda Galaxy, removed by time and space from the Mass Effect "Commander Shepard" trilogy and its ending. Play as a "Pathfinder" explorer leading expedition with the aim of establishing new home for humanity. Encounter "savage untamed lands", "cut-throat outlaws", and "warring alien races" in an effort to survive and colonies. Andromeda is home to a mysterious alien race, the Remnants, who've left their vaults and ancient technology throughout.
Game Objective: Explore 100s of solar systems (over 4x size of Mass Effect 3) collecting resources, developing your ship, crew, and arsenal, while engaging in diplomacy in order to set up colonies, while discovering the mystery behind the Remnants and racing to secure their technology.
New Species: Remnants, an ancient race who've left ruins and technology throughout the galaxy. And Khet, seemingly antagonistic.
Squadmates: Same as previous games: make friends, take two with you on missions. Cora is able to generate biotic shields you can fire out of. Drack is a Krogan.
Loyalty Missions: Same as previous games: complete to unlock increased loyalty and new skill tree for that character. Example: Krogan colony ship has been stolen by outlaws. Track down the ship and return it to increase loyalty with Drack. Dialogue trees and end game impacted by loyalty status.
Dialogue: "Meaningful choices". Deeper control over responses, such as interrupting conversation. Action based choices are physical choices to shape the course of conversation, such as pulling out a weapon and forcing them to open a door instead of attempting to do so purely via conversation.

EXPLORATION/CUSTOMISATION
Tempest Starship: Pilotable ship to discover 100s of solar systems. Customisable with trophies/loot/photos taken through the galaxy. Transition between flying ship, to landing on planet, to driving Mako, to getting out on foot, all seamless with no loading screens.
Mako Vehicle: Upgradeable with turbo boost, shield generator, hostile detector, etc. Customisable paint job.
Planets:100s of surfaces to explore, for discovering places to colonise, and alien vaults/outputs to conquer.
Colonies: Build settlements on habitable planets. Able to decide what type of settlement for bonuses. EG: Recon Settlements will clear fog of war on space map and offer more strike team missions, meanwhile Mining Settlements will periodically supply crafting materials.
Blueprints: Allow you to craft alien technology using materials for better equipment and weapons, such as a jetpack for jumping, cryo-beam to target enemies, etc.
Crew: Customisable skill trees, gear, weapons, etc.

MISSIONS TYPES AND MULTIPLAYER:
Remnant Vault Raids: Ancient ruins in two variants. Standard: Accessed by finding and activating Remnant Monoliths, explored to find a "powerful artefact". Acquiring artefact triggers defence systems: robots, traps, and restructured layout. Rewards with valuable loot, crafting resources, and Star Keys. Orbital Facilities: Unlocked with Star Keys, provide permanent stat bonuses, and optional higher difficulty vault raids that add Khet patrols and outlaws. Rewards with rare loot and narrative acclaim.
Khet Outposts: Optional wave-based combat challenges that reward with XP, reduced Khet power and additional narrative options in the region if destroyed.
Strike Team: Spend resources to recruit mercenaries and develop AI controlled strike teams to be deployed on randomly generated, time sensitive missions. Include settlement defence and remnant artefact recovery. Strike Teams return 20 - 30 minutes later with XP, currency, and equipment depending on mission outcome. Spend money/resources to train Strike Team, and buy better equipment, to increase success rate and send on dangerous missions.
Active Strike Team: See above, however you can choose to complete the Strike Team mission manually via play using your multiplayer roster of characters. Able to play co-op with friends, more friends increasing difficulty and rewards. Bonus rewards for joining another players strike team mission. XP, loot, and customisation rewards for Strike Team played characters are cohesive with multiplayer specific horde mode.
Horde Mode: Similar to Mass Effect 3: four players against waves of enemies with additional objectives such as disabling a bomb or assassinating a target. Similar XP/loot rewards to Mass Effect 3. APEX funds earned to be used in single player.

Again, this all could be bullshit, but it sounds legit not only through the language, but also the context; it matches up with several previous leaks like the one from PAX a few months back.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Geostomp posted:

The lead writer left halfway through ME2, partially explaining why they games never seemed to agree on what the Reapers were supposed to be doing. It also explains why all the hints about dark energy were thrown out in ME2, then suddenly dropped: either the remaining writers didn't understand the concept or they thought the audience was too stupid to do so.

Wishful thinking, but I totally would dig it if Bioware salvaged this dropped plot thread for Andromeda. Turns out dark energy's an essential component for extra-galactic travel, that's why a bunch of corporations were researching it! :haw: (though obviously this doesn't explain what the hell's up with Haestrom's sun, but you know, retconning)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Not to derail too much, but that kind of opinion fairly depends on how much you're into open-world games. It's hard to argue that W2 had the better story (because come on, Bloody loving Baron) but it's relatively easy to propose the point that W3 got bogged down pretty badly in its open-world mechanics if you engaged them fully. I personally almost burned out at several points hunting down those question marks, for one.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DAO's epilogue didn't have too many actual slides, though?

Fallout: New Vegas's, however, now that's my poo poo! :shepspends:

so much variation

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

Is there a mod that just cuts from Shepard and Anderson straight into the Destroy ending?

Here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There's also that leaked survey from about a year ago that now lines up with a bunch of info (Helius Cluster, Remnant ruins) we got in the tech demo vid. Sounds like a hybridization of ME, Inquisition mechanics... and Destiny?

edit: The base building stuff in particular sounds a lot like what was originally intended for Inquisition before last-gen porting limitations forced them to cut most of that stuff out.

• Locked thread