Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

This post just reminded me of how loving awesome the last mission on the citadel in Mass Effect was. The scale the first time I played it back then was overwhelming.

I'm not sure any other moment in the series matches stepping out onto the council tower exterior and seeing Sovereign up close.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, ME3 is easy mode on insanity compared to the other two.

It really seems like they really didn't balance the single player combat to account for biotic and tech detonations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Anything that can set up and trigger it's own Detonations (tech or biotic) is the best class equally. Say what you like about ME 3 having the easiest combat, (it did) it was also far and away the most fun.

It felt so, so good when you could set up chain reactions with squad members. Boom, BaBoom B-BOOM-oom!

Good times.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Doctor Reynolds posted:

ME1 will always have a place in my heart for having one of the most satisfying final acts to a video game. Rush through an army of robots trying to kill you in your tank to teleport to the Citadel with a big OH gently caress HURRY UP counter, crash your tank on to a bunch of robots, get in the elevator, shoot your way out of the elevator and space-walk the right of the way shootin punk-rear end robots on the way.

It's easily the best climax of the three.

Also, if you happen to be playing the games back to back, the way it dovetails with the opening scene of ME 2 is glorious.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Alain Post posted:

I meant that it was better than ME1 lol. I don't hate ME3's ending but the last level on Earth is really anticlimactic.

Giant Metal Space Baby is not a better climax than space walking your way up to Sovereign, sorry.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Although there is a line in ME 3 where she cracks wise about how good it is to be killing "Flashlight Heads" (Geth) again, because it's so much less morally ambiguous.

So yeah, still totally space racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

See: everyone hated the one city in Dragon Age 2, so let's have zero cities in Dragon Age: Inquisition

I'm sure this was just a coincidence resulting from lack of development times/familiarity with a new engine, but still. Hilarious.

• Locked thread