Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I gave up and just used the default face this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I haven't played on Insane yet but does the whole "too many enemies waves" thing only occur at that difficulty level? Because dispatching everything is really really fast with a Soldier, Incendiary Ammo and Adrenaline Rush (even if it's no longer as gamebreakingly awesome as in ME2).

Just beat the game. Huh, before getting to this point I was excited about maybe redoing everything from ME1 to ME3 to make it just perfect. I wasn't spoiled to the ending but I saw the disappointment everywhere so I was jaded. Still dampens my spirits. I'd rather they just ended with the Anderson and Shepard scene if they were going to do this =(

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I've only ever played Vanguard and Solider in 1 and 2, and solider in 1 so far. How are the other classes? I tried Adept, but they died way to fast in Me1 to even bother.

Adepts in ME1 were the KILL EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM WITH ONE BUTTON PRESS LOL SINGULARITY class. I don't know what you're talking about.

Soldiers in ME2 were the ADRENALINE RUSH KILL EVERYTHING class.

I guess Vanguards are the ABC PINBALL class in ME3? I had an easy time with my Soldier though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Pistols were the best weapons in ME1 (unlimited quick shooting, perfect accuracy, high damage) though lol. But that might only be if you're using a Soldier.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

ColHannibal posted:

Nope, they where sniper rifles in the first game.

You might think that but even if you spec out your sniper rifle perfect and have all the abilities related to it, you'll never take stuff out as fast as with a properly upgraded pistol with the right abilities.

Sniper rifles are fun but if you just want to kill things with weapons in the shortest time possible, pistols are it (in theory there's an Assault Rifle build that slightly outpaces the DPS but it's so much easier to do the Pistol one since every class can use it IIRC). Of course, if you're an Adept you can just Singularity.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 12, 2012

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Smelly posted:

Is there an easy way to drop the armor of the (slight enemy spoiler)Ravagers

It seems like when you shoot the sacs on their bodies that their health drops quicker. Might be confirmation bias on my part though.
I just sprayed it with Incendiary Ammo (as well as Carnage and Incinerate from my party members). Goes down pretty easy as long as you avoid getting hit (ouch).

If I were a Biotic I'd just Warp spam it to death.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
In that sequence, I just went off to the side where the beam doesn't strike. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Even that alone isn't the biggest problem.

The ending, standing on its own, even without the investment we all put into this series, is a very poor ending.

There's no good justification for the summer workshop "fake deepness" ending that was inserted. If you wanted to have a bitter ending showing how "you can't save everyone" or even "you sometimes can't win" there's still so many better ways to do it than this.

And here's another thing. If you're going to use Deus Ex Machina at all, you better make it really pay off. It's a terribly plot device in the first place and it's just compounded by no payoff either for the characters or for us.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

randombattle posted:

That's not quite the worst bit of crazy rewards. Doing a ridiculous number of ME1 side quests and being renegade to Conrad Verner for all 3 games gives you Conrad as an asset.

He is worth 1 war asset.

Come now, you must admit that bit was hilarious. Especially when afterwards he starts complaining about the changeover from cooling unlimited weapons to disposable heatsinks.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

THE PWNER posted:

I finally gave up and bought this game and have been very surprised with how much i'm enjoying it considering that I let the negative press make me hate it from the beginning.

I was really impressed with the citadel compared to ME2, so much to do - I spent like an hour just running around talking to people - until Kasumi's quest bugged out on me (the second terminal just isn't there) and now i'm feeling all spergy and almost want to restart just so I can do things ~perfectly~. Anyone mind spoiling what I lose out on if I don't do that quest or possibly if theres some workaround for this bug?

The game is awesome. All the parts that involve gameplay is awesome. The emotions and rewards you get from the previous games are awesome.

It's the last 10 minutes that fall flat. It's not enough to break the whole series for me like for some other people, but it's still a sour taste.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

LibbyM posted:

Wait, is there a way to not have this happen? Kelly was alive on my file, but after the cerberus raid on the citadel, I overheard refugee's talking about her dying.

Yes, convince her to change her identity.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Red Mundus posted:

Can anyone tell me just how bad the ending is without spoiling anything? I've heard from countless places across the internet that the ending is irredeemably bad and since I'm so involved in the plot I want to brace myself for the disappointment.

The ending is poor but how poor is tied to how much you've invested yourself into Mass Effect as a whole. After replaying ME1 and ME2 many times and having multiple save files I had intended to import into ME3. After going through the incredible game that is 99% of Mass Effect 3, the ending really did turn me off.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Harlock posted:

What's the easiest class to beat ME2 Insanity on? It's the last achievement I need for that game.

Try Soldier using Adrenaline rush and spec your various ammos properly.

Even the Thresher Maw wasn't terribly difficult when your entire party is hosing it down with Incendiary Ammo for instance.

Meanwhile, Adrenaline Rush can last what feels like forever while giving you an insane 140% damage boost.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

AppleCobbler posted:

Is it wrong that I felt legitimately sad after the geth vs. quarian mission where you decide whether or not to update the geth and make them sentient. I chose to update the geth and then they proceeded to wipe out the quarians and then Tali killed herself in front of me :(.

You would be a terrible person if you didn't =P

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Digital Osmosis posted:

So I'm an Adept who runs around with the Particle Beam and a silly recharge time. I've been using Energy Drain as my bonus power and enjoying it, since shields mess with my biotics. It's fairly late game however and I just unlocked Liara's second power, Stasis. Since she has Stasis Bubble, I know how useful it is, and since my Energy Drain is fully upgraded I'd be able to switch over to Stasis Bubble right away... but shields are still really, really annoying. Which is a better bonus power for an Adept to have?

I'd considering running around with a pistol instead?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

tadashi posted:

Most people just prefer the ability spam over weapons when it comes to non-soldier classes.

You could probably unleash more damage with biotic combos I'd say. Plus the Paladin and Carnifex pistols are really powerful.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Supposedly, the AI is smart enough to spray the area you were in when you cloaked.

If true that's pretty neat.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aristobulus posted:

Kindof funny because I found Liara absolutely invaluable as a squadmember. Her Singularity, and Stasis, are really powerful. Especially if you take the pure biotic power to make singularity have an absolutely silly tiny recharge time.

And stasis is even better than it was in ME2, where it was a godly power.

Yeah, Liara is really powerful for me. I'm playing as an engineer so I've pretty good with powers but Liara is the artillery with the biotics.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

I actually barely used Stasis, which was perhaps a mistake, but I also found Singularity's really excellent and made judicious use of it in conjunction with Warp to quickly take down small groups of weaker enemies. That being said, she is a bit fragile, which can be a problem when a couple of loving Banshees show up and there's Marauders running around and hell taking place around you and also everything's loving dark and I can barely see where I'm running (although that's my fault for not raising the gamma setting, I suppose).

Statis Bubble combine with Singularity is an amazing combo especially if you detonate with Warp afterwards. Just spec Liara for rapid power recharge =)

With that said, I'm running an Engineer so I strip defenses of enemies very quickly while Liara mops them all up. Garrus also comes along because he's a bro (plus chain Overload).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Grey Fox V2 posted:

:stare: care to explain this one? They were quite helpful in building it in my playthrough..

If you didn't save the Rachni Queen, it's a pseudo Rachni Queen clone thingy you save. If you let her help you, the Rachni sent will freak out and kill stuff on the Crucible

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

GruntyThrst posted:

Anyone know if weapons affect cooldowns on squad members?
They do not.

Squidster posted:

Does anyone know what the maximum War Assets you can get are? I ended up with about 7000, having completed every quest possible under the sun. I'm just curious as to if Bioware's claim of Best Possible Ending without multiplayer/ios apps is actually legitimate.
As far as anyone has found, it's just under 8000 so you can never get the 4000+ secret bonus without multiplayer.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Two Finger posted:

In ME1, make sure you create your high-powered assault cannon by putting high explosive rounds and as many scram rails as your shotgun can hold. It'll send anything but a Krogan sprawling, it's awesome.

Haha yeah. I had my ultra shotfun that fired once for extreme massive explosive damage and instantly overheated as well as my uberpistol which, with Marksman, fired unlimited death with perfect accuracy.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

tadashi posted:

Do some of the NPCs/bad guys have guns that penetrate walls? I swear I've been shot while standing behind large cement columns several times now.

Dunno but it would make sense since you get guns that can do that too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Maybe it was a bad idea going straight to insanity with infiltrator but I'm loving awful with it HOW DO I DO THIS

I started a new game with an Engineer and it was tough on Insanity. Then I went "screw it" and did it with a NG+ instead and now it's easy pickings.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Is the Paladin worth getting from Spectre Requisitions? I don't use pistols personally, but my preferred crew does. I'm not gonna drop 200k on something if one of my other 5 pistol models is just as good, though.

Just stick with the Carnifex. The Paladin is better but not worth that many credits.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Charlie Mopps posted:

If only i could be arsed to replay the game. :negative:
I've determined that the game ends with the Shepard and Anderson scene and finally started a new game+. Too bad every time that child comes up in the unskippable scenes, I feel bile coming up again.

precision posted:

...I don't know if I want to do this or not. Is it as bad as I think it will be? :ohdear:
It, like most of ME3, is very awesome actually.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
*wrong thread*

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Metrication posted:

So who created the reapers then? We found out why they were created but not who by.

We don't but whoever did it were idiots because they ended up getting wiped out by Synthetics that they created so that organics wouldn't be wiped out by Synthetics.

Either that or they committed mass suicide?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

About to start another playthrough because From Ashes didn't work the first time round (I was waiting for it to happen and then figured with the title it might be an after ending DLC or something but no, the original download was just corrupted), and also want to make some different choices: what's the difference between importing my ME2 save (I want the groundwork from that game to remain the same) and importing the ME3 one?

I think your fish will count as war assets if you do NG+ and you're stronger. Only get to choose your class if you import from ME2 though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

I loved that and I was an infiltrator. The entire last two hours were pretty intense, I liked how they kept changing the situation and throwing stuff at you to deal with. It also added a huge sense of atmosphere and large-scale activity.

Yeah, I liked that too and normally I dislike interface screws. It just hammered in how incredibly boned we were and how so much is out of our control at that point.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just thought he was showing concern.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

OAquinas posted:

How do tech combos work? I know biotic combos are set off by charging with one and then setting it off with throw or warp...is it just "cryo/pyro blast" then overload?

There are three kinds of tech combos: Fire Ice Electric

They are initiated by using an ability of three elements (INCLUDING AMMOS).

For Fire and Ice, detonation is via any power that does damage (biotic or a tech power that's not the initiator) AND kills the target.

For Electric (Tech Burst), it will detonate with any direct damage power attack (besides the initiator).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

losonti tokash posted:

So if I use Warp to kill a guy who's on fire from incinerate or incendiary ammo or whatever, he'll explode and set everyone around him on fire also?
Pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh my God you could take the dog with you?!

O_o I totally don't know what this dog is...

...oh N7 limited edition DLC =(

• Locked thread